Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:46 am

Still holding out hope that some day we will get Red Ghost and the super apes plus a new Mole Man and moloids.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:55 am

gyrapados wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:46 am
Still holding out hope that some day we will get Red Ghost and the super apes plus a new Mole Man and moloids.
I'd totally buy them! I don't army build 1/12 scale figures, but for Moloids, I'd make an exception.
NeoZeRo35
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:19 pm

I truly am sucker for Fantastic Four figures. I probably didn't need this set but in the end I'm happy I got it. Probably an unpopular opinion, but Ben with no teeth is my favorite head sculpt of all the Things we've got so far. If there's one thing I would change in this set (other than Sue's face) it would be Johnny's flames. I feel the flames were always yellow in this iteration of him. If I find another I might paint it myself.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:25 pm

NeoZeRo35 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:19 pm
I truly am sucker for Fantastic Four figures. I probably didn't need this set but in the end I'm happy I got it. Probably an unpopular opinion, but Ben with no teeth is my favorite head sculpt of all the Things we've got so far. If there's one thing I would change in this set (other than Sue's face) it would be Johnny's flames. I feel the flames were always yellow in this iteration of him. If I find another I might paint it myself.

These are the ideal swaps with the lowest effort. I think I might make this my thing too.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:24 am

Even the yellows on the flames on the Walgreens weren't enough for me. I'm definitely giving this new one a yellow and orange touch up.

Seasick Pirate
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:38 am

NeoZeRo35 wrote:I truly am sucker for Fantastic Four figures.
I feel the same way. When I saw these, I instantly thought ‘easy pass on the wave’ especially with no BAF. Then little by little I talked myself into the whole set. Even the 2 Pulse exclusives, and then bought the elongated Reed from the old Ronan wave just for more photo opportunities. Sheesh.

I did want to ask how you did your “crack detail” on Thing. Did you wash or draw them in? I still have to do it on my black suit Ben, so I might as well do this new one at the same time.

I’d love to see more solutions to getting Johnny’s flames more yellow. It would break my heart to paint over a translucent figure.
NeoZeRo35
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:25 am

Seasick Pirate wrote:
I did want to ask how you did your “crack detail” on Thing. Did you wash or draw them in? I still have to do it on my black suit Ben, so I might as well do this new one at the same time.
I opted for a wash over the retro head before slapping it on the Walgreens body. I also used nail polish remover prior to that to remove the yellow "highlight" from his head.

I can't say the same for my black suit Ben as I actually boiled and popped the body off an extra Walgreens version :lol: .
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:37 am

That Johnny above has a slight wash over the red part of him too. He is still translucent; it's just done with a light wash. It makes it pop more with a more intense red and hides some of the inner joints too. The yellow is just also washed over the flame pieces. This new one looks good enough I wouldn't plan to wash the red (especially to leave the black lines intact); just highlight the flame tendrils in a few yellows and an orange. As they both were they just sorta look like undifferentiated red blobs.
Madcap1
Customized

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 am

Seasick Pirate wrote:
NeoZeRo35 wrote:I truly am sucker for Fantastic Four figures.
I feel the same way. When I saw these, I instantly thought ‘easy pass on the wave’ especially with no BAF. Then little by little I talked myself into the whole set. Even the 2 Pulse exclusives, and then bought the elongated Reed from the old Ronan wave just for more photo opportunities. Sheesh.

I’d love to see more solutions to getting Johnny’s flames more yellow. It would break my heart to paint over a translucent figure.
For the rock detail on my retro Ben I bought a gundam marker 3-pack on Amazon for 8 bucks — black, gray, and brown — and used the brown on Ben. And the gray on High Evolutionary. Both significantly upgrade the figure imo, and are nearly idiot proof.
Dek
Customized

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:18 am

I want a Diablo/Dragon-Man two pack.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:34 am

Well, I wasn’t planning on getting anything from this wave, but due to various sales I just ordered the last two I needed (Sue and Ben) from Dorkside.
I’m so friggin’ weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:20 am

Hmm. NeoZero, you may have just sold me on getting another Thing to open so I can pop the head on the Walgreens body and paint it up like that. I’m not usually someone who likes washes on my figures, but it adds SOOO much to him.
Seasick Pirate
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:46 am

NeoZeRo35 wrote:I opted for a wash over the retro head before slapping it on the Walgreens body. I also used nail polish remover prior to that to remove the yellow "highlight" from his head.

I can't say the same for my black suit Ben as I actually boiled and popped the body off an extra Walgreens version :lol: .
Yeah, I could tell that was the Walgreens body parts, but that head does look good.

How did you go about removing the highlights? Any prep-work involved or just polish remover and paper towels?

Sorry for stealing all your methods. I’ve been wanting to do this mods but have little experience in doing so, and don’t want to wreck my figs in the process.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:59 pm

Apparently I'm just a stealth FF superfan. I switched my order for the retro wave to Dorkside and just got shipping notice, and it like, improved my whole day. Just happy to get a new set of figures. This collecting thing really is a combination of dopamine and storage woes, isn't it.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:31 pm

Amazon shipped my Sue, which was originally scheduled for next March. I'll have all the regular releases of this wave, and all on sale. I'm pysched, this is one of my favorite waves this year. I've got the HP exclusives on preorder still.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”