Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:16 pm

NORM wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:22 pm
OK, so fwoosh is cool with dishonesty as long as it’s being directed at the retailer. Noted. Swaps are socially acceptable too then?

Swaps hurt the next buyer. Theft hurts the store.

NORM wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:15 pm
I’d just like to know where the line is drawn. One form of dishonesty favored over another. But no one else wants to beleaguer the issue, so I’ll stop drawing it out.

Yes, it is. This doesn't come close to leveling the score.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:26 pm

TheeCollector wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:36 pm
PSPS13 wrote:In the UK:
You put things in your shops that can't be sold?! Not as a rare mistake, but as a systematic norm?
Such a weird concept, here.
When it's not for sale, it's in a factory, or at sea, or on a road, or in a warehouse, or the store's stockroom. When it's on the shelf, visible to the customer: that's because they want you to buy it. Seems like such a fundamental of retail. So weird.
In this example, we are talking about a mistake where the retailer put out product that their inventory system didn’t recognize and a consumer scanned another, almost exact product of equal value and paid for it. It’s something that a manger would do if they find a product and can’t understand why it doesn’t have a barcode that works; but since in this case a consumer did it and admitted it we are all judging and claiming the fall of the industry is near as a result.

It’s why message boards were created. Moments like this. Cherish them.
Lol
Thanks for the clarification.
Here and Reddit leads you to believe this 'street dating' business, with stock displayed early, is hugely common in the US.
Possibly, though, like lots of online chatter, it's rarer than reported. And, presumably, it's more of an issue now with waves that have been ready in storage for absolutely ages and others arriving earlier than shipping delays suggested.
(Just always seemed funny, when I'd read of it, because it seemed so regular a thing for you guys- but, in fairness, I assume we'd probably see it here occasionally, too, if these items were still considered pocket-money price, so stocked in supermarkets and very busy stores.)
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:30 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
NORM wrote:
OK, so fwoosh is cool with dishonesty as long as it’s being directed at the retailer. Noted. Swaps are socially acceptable too then?

NORM wrote:
I’d just like to know where the line is drawn. One form of dishonesty favored over another. But no one else wants to beleaguer the issue, so I’ll stop drawing it out.

That’s disgusting. What about the next CEO who shows up to find the workforce depleted of all wealth? They should leave some for the next person to siphon off and just post about it for the other local billionaires to see.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 pm

I definitely want a spiked pineapple Thing.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:53 pm

DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:59 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:
NORM wrote:

NORM wrote:

That’s disgusting. What about the next CEO who shows up to find the workforce depleted of all wealth? They should leave some for the next person to siphon off and just post about it for the other local billionaires to see.
“Other Local Billionaires”? Just where is it you live, that has so many billionaires around, and just what are you saying about your own income, “local billionaire”?

:twisted:
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:03 pm

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

“Other Local Billionaires”? Just where is it you live, that has so many billionaires around, and just what are you saying about your own income, “local billionaire”?

Aren’t we all just temporarily embarrassed millionaires?
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:10 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

Space.
Madcap1
Customized

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:56 am

Don’t know about the rest of it but part swappers are the absolute scum of the earth.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Found today at Walmart, minus Thing. They didn't ring up but thankfully the self checkout supervisor was there and she told me to scan them twice. I did (well she did) and they rang up the second time after she cleared out the error message.

Glad she did so I didn't have to just scan something else, thus upsetting the rotation of the Earth and probably the mass extinction of humanity.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:18 pm
Found today at Walmart, minus Thing. They didn't ring up but thankfully the self checkout supervisor was there and she told me to scan them twice. I did (well she did) and they rang up the second time after she cleared out the error message.

Glad she did so I didn't have to just scan something else, thus upsetting the rotation of the Earth and probably the mass extinction of humanity.
You just dealt with the Great White Buffalo - a helpful Walmart Supervisor.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:15 pm

DS shipping notice! Yeah!
Whitlow
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:21 pm

For the entire set or just a couple of them? I preordered the set the second Dorkside put them up.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:24 pm

Found just Psycho Man and Evolutionary at a Walmart in the sticks today. They were who I wanted most so I was quite happy.

They didn’t ring up, so I just went to produce and rang them up as two Granny Smith Apples.

Joking. The lady working the self check out just manually put the price in.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:27 pm

2 Great White Buffalos.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”