Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:10 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:08 pm
Enforcer wrote:
NORM wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:40 am

Classy
You're right, should probably just walk out with it.
This, but unironically.
nah, you gotta pay for it. For something. Scanning some other same-priced Legends item gets the job done.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
You're right, should probably just walk out with it.
This, but unironically.
nah, you gotta pay for it. For something. Scanning some other same-priced Legends item gets the job done.
No, it messes with inventory. Scan for an Eternals figure that's 19.99 but take a Fantastic Four figure for 19.99 tells the computer it sold something that it actually didn't, and that the store has something that it does not actually have.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:18 pm

Exactly, just ask for a supervisor and have them ring through. Even if it's not in the system, just say they were on the shelf with a price tag of $19.99. They certainly aren't streetdated, as DST has already charged me for in-stock Reed and Ben. Just waiting on Johnny and Sue. And then to replace them with the powered up versions once Pulse ships. Was on the fence, but DST getting gthese early and already charging for half kinda made up my mind for me. PS, only ordered the four as singles. Skipping on the two baddies as I have little to no attachment, and HE left me cold. Doom, Galactus, and Mole Man are all I need for FF villain rep.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:15 am

NORM wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:

This, but unironically.
No, it messes with inventory. Scan for an Eternals figure that's 19.99 but take a Fantastic Four figure for 19.99 tells the computer it sold something that it actually didn't, and that the store has something that it does not actually have.
If Walmart was actually in a position where anything on the shelves were where they were supposed to be, stocked, or if their price check app worked, or they would actually look in the back for things that the store says were in stock, maybe? Worrying about the efficiency of their inventory from you buying one figure with the wrong bar code is laughable right now.

And that's not even mentioning the joke that is ordering online from them.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:22 am

Enforcer wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
Enforcer wrote: You're right, should probably just walk out with it.
This, but unironically.
Agree to disagree.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:24 am

Thwiptster wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
This, but unironically.
Agree to disagree.
Fine steal

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:26 am

Enforcer wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
Enforcer wrote: nah, you gotta pay for it. For something. Scanning some other same-priced Legends item gets the job done.
Agree to disagree.
Fine steal

ImageImage
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:45 am

Walmart’s inventory accuracy is not our collective responsibility. Every time I’ve had this issue, the sales associate tells me they cant sell the item, so I dont know that I’d risk it if it were an item I really felt like I needed. Most of the time I dont really care that much though, so I just let them take the item.

This particular action doesn't seem like it’s really worth judging other’s for either.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:11 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
NORM wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
If Walmart was actually in a position where anything on the shelves were where they were supposed to be, stocked, or if their price check app worked, or they would actually look in the back for things that the store says were in stock, maybe? Worrying about the efficiency of their inventory from you buying one figure with the wrong bar code is laughable right now.

And that's not even mentioning the joke that is ordering online from them.
You know, when you put it that way…
It’s hard to argue against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:14 am

supreme-d wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:45 am
Walmart’s inventory accuracy is not our collective responsibility. Every time I’ve had this issue, the sales associate tells me they cant sell the item, so I dont know that I’d risk it if it were an item I really felt like I needed. Most of the time I dont really care that much though, so I just let them take the item.

This particular action doesn't seem like it’s really worth judging other’s for either.
Guys got a point.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:49 am

Suit yourselves. It’s not Walmart I’m concerned about, it’s the next collector who tries to find the item that Walmart’s inventory thinks is there, but is no where to be found because someone scanned a different item and took what was more desired instead. Walmart thinks it’s still there, they won’t reorder more. I thought this discussion has been repeated in these forums and that the practice of scanning similar items was frowned upon. But as long as you get your toys.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Bigger problem is that the items are on the shelf, at retail, and you can't purchase them. That just shouldn't happen and any "inventory issues" said retailer experiences after trying to deny a sale of a stocked product is quite literally their own fault. Impact of a possible restock is inconsequential compared to seeing the items you want to buy but... aren't allowed to.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:47 pm

I'm not endorsing street dates either. They're lame, and when a product is on the shelf, you should be able to buy it. But I'm definitely not endorsing ringing something up that isn't what I'm actually walking out of the store with.

Other side of the coin - I don’t think anyone would want a retailer to send them something of equal value instead of what was actually ordered.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:39 pm

NORM wrote:I'm not endorsing street dates either. They're lame, and when a product is on the shelf, you should be able to buy it. But I'm definitely not endorsing ringing something up that isn't what I'm actually walking out of the store with.

Other side of the coin - I don’t think anyone would want a retailer to send them something of equal value instead of what was actually ordered.
Plus it hurts us as a community because your store's numbers are off and may not order more of a wave if they felt it didn't move. So ultimately if alot of people do that, its going to likely backfire on you as a collector if you frequent that store.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:43 pm

So you... don't get the product that you see right in front of you, just leave it, on the off chance that the store location would potentially order a restock? For the benefit some some future hypathetical person where no restock is guaranteed?

Ooooook.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”