MARVEL SELECT - Apocalypse (p. 215)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Scarlet Witch

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:30 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:38 pm
Avon wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 am
Got my first marvel select through - SC iron man. I think over all, it’s not for me, though there’s a lot to like. I tinkered a bit with the articulation (head and torso) but it’s still not there for me. I’m ok with the single joints, if they could get to 90/a bit beyond, but the hips not getting to 90 bugs me a lot, and the torso and neck range also just aren’t enough for my preferences.

It is totally gorgeous to look at though, and I like the solution to the shoulder articulation, and in general torso balls over crunch joints. It’s got good ankle articulation too, which counts for a lot. I’m not fussed about the accessories, but again, this is obvs just shooting for something different than my wants.

Felt a bit like McFarlane stuff to me (and mezco, tho obvs not in the soft good sense), though maybe ‘moreso’ if that makes sense. And I love a chunk of dc multiverse, but find a lot of that a bit too restricted in terms of playability too. Will def still keep an eye on future MS stuff though, and it was interesting to experience.
He's less articulated than other recent figures like Hulk, titanium man and falcon cap, but they more than make up for it with his butt load of accessories
You should check out any of those before you totally blow off MS (titanium man goes great with him)
Titanium man does look amazing. Good to hear the articulation varies at least. I’ll definitely still be keeping an eye out. I see, to remember rumours of apocalypse being a possibility? Anything X will also catch my eye, I’m sure.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:38 pm

Their psylocke and rogue (both very expensive now) are great! You'll hear people say they are better than legends. Pretty much same legends articulation set ups
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:43 pm

heinousjoe wrote:Their psylocke and rogue (both very expensive now) are great! You'll hear people say they are better than legends. Pretty much same legends articulation set ups
I think select psylocke is better, but unfortunately way too tall for legends. Rogue however fits, and was better than juggernaut wave, but absolutely not better than the target retro carded rerelease

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Regarding the upcoming comic figure with pack-in character, I'm guessing...

Adam Warlock with Pip the Troll

Also, the following have been mentioned by other people and seem possible:

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat with Lockheed
Miles Morales with Spider-Ham

Speaking of SCIM, I hate his ball knees. I really, really hate them. Swivel knees just never work for me. They almost always limit the range of motion for the hinge part of the knee. Just give me knees which bend at least 90 degrees. I didn't realize the shoulder pauldrons rotate. Mine are a bit stuck, so I'll have to work on freeing them. Overally, he's a gorgeous looking figure, but the leg articulation, particularly the knees, are a big letdown.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:30 pm

I indeed have no clue

I will just wait and see what figure is

But the curiosity is big
ktjj1020
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:31 am

RepaintedImageImageImageImage

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:01 am

looks cooler
the sculpt is aways there
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:46 am

Wow - what a difference paint can make.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:54 am

Yeah, wow indeed. The sculpt is absolutely there. Very impressive.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am

Fortunately in this case you can actually see the great sculpt even under the poor factory paint. But yeah, that's a wonderful repaint.
MLNUT
CROM!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:16 pm

It's amazing what a little make-up can do for a woman.
MLNUT
CROM!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:21 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:38 pm
Their psylocke and rogue (both very expensive now) are great! You'll hear people say they are better than legends. Pretty much same legends articulation set ups
Where do you see MS Psylocke very expensive? You can get her for like $15-$20 plus shipping.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm

The repainted head definitely looks better, but wonder why the hair wasn't repainted... she was never carrot top orange

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:09 am

Akatsuki wrote:I highly recommend Titanium Man! Such an impressive figure with really nice articulation for a massive armored character. Titanium Man is one of my all-time favorite figures now. He’s so well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d love it if mine would ever drop into my PoL at BBTS.

100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:59 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:54 pm
I highly recommend Titanium Man! Such an impressive figure with really nice articulation for a massive armored character. Titanium Man is one of my all-time favorite figures now. He’s so well done.

Figure of the year for me. From 1st seeing pics that MS was doing titanium man the anticipation was high.

And on rare occasions that anticipation is met with perfection or even near perfection. And titanium man exceeds that in my imo. He hits on so many levels.

With that said it does have some qc issues with the paint on the skirt or loose articulation in the legs. Which brings it down to an A- for me.

I'll say it again - these are the figures MS should be doing more of, they do them so well.

Before a piss fest starts I'm not saying anything else other than MS should do more of these type figures. I'm not saying they should do less of something else. Just that they excell at these bigger characters and they should do more. That's it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics