MARVEL SELECT - Scarlet Witch

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion and Titanium Man pics

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:30 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:24 pm
Oof, could those head sculpts look anymore bored? Glad I canceled this.

Super unfortunate

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bored/neutral faces are like the staple of movie figures, if not most Select and Legends as a whole, so nothing new here. Headsculpt still looks very good, though, just painted worse than the prototype was.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:30 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:30 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:24 pm
Oof, could those head sculpts look anymore bored? Glad I canceled this.

Super unfortunate

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bored/neutral faces are like the staple of movie figures, if not most Select and Legends as a whole, so nothing new here. Headsculpt still looks very good, though, just painted worse than the prototype was.
i think the legends one looks great, and the proto was painted leaps and bounds better... the final product just looks embarrassing

also there's a difference between bored and neutral imo... and this figure looks bored and like she doesn't want to be here.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:41 pm

So after Wanda, do we have any more announced figures?
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:41 pm

Tman arrived from Amazon today. His knees and ankles are loosey goosey. No furniture polish on hand. Other ideas to tighten the joints up?
VictorD10010
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:25 pm

No more figures for this year?
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
Nothing else on the docket for standard new releases, no. Unless I'm forgetting something post-Scarlet Witch. Disney Stores could sneak in a surprise release with day-of availability, I suppose. Something to tie in with the holiday shopping season. Though I'm not sure how much flux there is with the physical Disney Stores closing down and maybe Disney reassessing things.

There's several re-issues with 2021 timelines but the promise of delivery is sketchy and vague based on everything happening this year. Watcher, Hulk, etc.
VictorD10010

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 pm

jimbles wrote:
VictorD10010 wrote:
Nothing else on the docket for standard new releases, no. Unless I'm forgetting something post-Scarlet Witch. Disney Stores could sneak in a surprise release with day-of availability, I suppose. Something to tie in with the holiday shopping season. Though I'm not sure how much flux there is with the physical Disney Stores closing down and maybe Disney reassessing things.

There's several re-issues with 2021 timelines but the promise of delivery is sketchy and vague based on everything happening this year. Watcher, Hulk, etc.
Thanks

I don't know if variants and re-releases count as figures in a year and how many figures they can release.

We had:Hulk,Titanium man,Silver centurion,Human torch,Sam wilson captain america,Scarlet witch,Loki and the re-releases
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:41 pm

So despite BBTS telling me on *Friday* that they didn't have enough stock for all the Titanium Man pre-orders, that they had no clue when mine would be ready but it wouldn't be soon, they just sent me an email now saying he's available and in my Pile of Loot. That's a slap in the face because, just this morning, I had to ship my PoL because one of the items was "expiring" today, a decision that I would clearly have waited on making until TM was in there. I'm pretty miffed and am hoping that the email I just sent them will be addressed quickly and to my satisfaction.

After all these years of ordering from BBTS, I don't think I ever realized they had a phone number. I called and they were able to handle my PoL problem right away. My Titanium Man should be on his way shortly!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:29 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
jimbles wrote:
VictorD10010 wrote:

Thanks

I don't know if variants and re-releases count as figures in a year and how many figures they can release.

We had:Hulk,Titanium man,Silver centurion,Human torch,Sam wilson captain america,Scarlet witch,Loki and the re-releases
If I remember correctly, re-releases don't count unless they're changed somehow - like the comic Bucky with a new paint job. But he and Sam Cap actually don't count in this case because they're Disney exclusives. DEs are in addition to the 9 yearly figures DST can make.

So that makes 5 figures, then? Pretty sure 2020 was also a few short of 9.
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:57 pm

Grouch wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 am
After reading that I went ahead and ordered Tman and SCIM from Amazon. They were a bit higher in price but I’ll have one tomorrow and the other Monday.
Did the same, Boris won't reach me for another week but he ran me 32.00 bucks. I can live with it
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:03 am

Better pics
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:05 am

MSWord, has there been any talk of a re-release of the Brood? Maybe a 2 or 3 pack?
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:03 am
Better pics
I think a talented painter could bring out that underlying sculpt. For $30 though, that accessory lot ain't cutting it and they needed to put budget on face printing.
VictorD10010

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:27 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:29 pm
VictorD10010 wrote:
jimbles wrote:

Thanks

If I remember correctly, re-releases don't count unless they're changed somehow - like the comic Bucky with a new paint job. But he and Sam Cap actually don't count in this case because they're Disney exclusives. DEs are in addition to the 9 yearly figures DST can make.

So that makes 5 figures, then? Pretty sure 2020 was also a few short of 9.
Thanks

So i think they will announce figures from next year,i remember in 2020 it was in the last months.

Some disney+ shows are already announced,so probably figures of those or a comic version like loki
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:28 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:30 pm

... also there's a difference between bored and neutral imo... and this figure looks bored and like she doesn't want to be here.
So it's a PERFECT Elizabeth Olsen likeness.

Didn't now she was coming with power accessories. Might be worth picking up on a sale for those.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”