*OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: *OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Sign Ups Closed, Lists Distributed, Start Making!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:15 pm

matchu778 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:16 pm
Ill be including everyone in your groups IG account as well since it’s much easier to have a group convo and share pics there (for any who care to do so). Thanks!
IG is in the mix this year? Interesting. Can you say more about that?
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: *OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Sign Ups Closed, Lists Distributed, Start Making!

Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:17 am

It’s not required. I just figured it would be easier for the groups to share their work amongst one another with a group chat on it then using the forum dm’s. I have everyone who is participating’s ig handles so I intend on sending them along with the helper groups just to encourage conversation amongst everyone. Tbh, a huge part of why I love this event is the friends I’ve made from being in helper groups and getting to share my work and trouble shoot with my helpers.

Ethan and I are also trying to coordinate a fwoosh secret Santa ig account but are waiting for the fwoosh team to review and give us approval (don’t wanna step on any toes) but if they do approve I plan on posting reveals as they happen on there. Prior to reveals starting i plan on sharing work from participants in the event for content to help gather interest in the event. Fact is we have an insanely talented pool of artists partaking in this event and I feel like we should be showcasing that. May help grow our group even bigger for next year!
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:07 am

Helper groups have been sent. Please be sure to remove me from your group before replying all. Each group has 5 members except 1 which has 4. If you have not been assigned a group but want to be part of one please let me know.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:47 am

I am messaging my dudes right now, I need them to tell me that my idea is very good and worth doing :lol:
Omegaprimus
Super Poseable

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:28 am

Dang. Totally missed it this year. would have love to get back in after my break last year. Have a blast guys, looking forward to all the amazing customs to come.

-OP
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:18 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:I am messaging my dudes right now, I need them to tell me that my idea is very good and worth doing Image
If you want a neutral third party to bounce ideas off, shoot me a pm. Same goes for everyone else.
Again, I'm looking forward to seeing what you all produce.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 am

Hey everyone. Hope you’re all hard at work on your secret Santa customs. Just a friendly reminder we will require a current WIP pic from ALL PARTICIPANTS by no later than October 2. Feel free to send us a dm on here or IG with your pic.

Thanks and hope you’re all having fun with your projects.
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:41 pm

I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one. I keep thinking up more accessories I can make, then I thought making a diorama base would be interesting, now I'm getting electronics involved... 6 weeks has never felt shorter than this!
Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:19 am

Will hope to have finished by the 2nd, to take it off my mind :) . Will try and do a thorough job, including all possible extras!
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 am

Hey all, Just a friendly reminder to send Ethan and I your current work in progress pic by no later than Oct 2. You can send via DM here on the forums or on IG.

Thanks in advance.
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:29 pm

:|
matchu778 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 am
Hey all, Just a friendly reminder to send Ethan and I your current work in progress pic by no later than Oct 2. You can send via DM here on the forums or on IG.

Thanks in advance.
Thought I had plenty of time, but turns out today's October. I'll get a WiP across later.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:15 am

80% of painting is done. Aiming to have my custom finished this week.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:45 pm

Discogod wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:41 pm
I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one. I keep thinking up more accessories I can make, then I thought making a diorama base would be interesting, now I'm getting electronics involved... 6 weeks has never felt shorter than this!
Yep. Mine has electronics too. They worked great. Glued them in place and the glue [email protected]#$ it up. Had to redo it. It's good, this time. Thankfully.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:23 pm

Just two weeks to go, as of tomorrow. Ugh, I've still so much sanding/smoothing to hammer out.
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 am

Hopefully everyone is getting close to finishing up. I will be doing a bunch of sanding myself tonight before I’m ready for some paint. Pretty excited to finish mine up. I’m really happy with how it’s coming together.

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”