Boss Fight Fraggle Rock

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Boss Fight Fraggle Rock

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:07 am

I was recently looking to get some old Doozer figures and then I got an email about this line. I couldn't pre-order the Doozer fast enough and I can't wait to see what else we get. I would love to see bigger Fraggles, but I know the chance of these scaling together is slim. With the Doozer being 3", I hope that Fraggles are at least 6".

I have some Fraggle Rock plush toys, but I seriously never would have guessed we'd be getting action figures of them.
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Re: Boss Fight Fraggle Rock

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:36 pm

Well from screenshots I saw from a stream they did, it appears they have Red, Gobo and Uncle Matt in the works and then the others to follow. I'm so excited for this line! I've wanted good figures of the Fraggles since Palisades teased them with their Sesame Street line before closing their doors. I cannot be happier!
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:44 pm

I am stoked for these, I love Fraggle Rock - always preferred it to The Muppet Show or Sesame Street. This Doozer looks great. Scale is a big question here, as is articulation. Understandably the Doozers have limited range because of their 3" size, and I guess I don't really need a Doozer to be that dynamic. If they were in scale with the Fraggles, what size would the Fraggles need to be? 11 inches or so? To be honest I'd rather have them much smaller, possibly with unarticulated Doozer slug figures as accessories. That way you could still have an in scale display, but Doozer fans could do a more elaborate stand alone setup off to the side.

Time to fabricate some Doozer sticks.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm

I hope the Fraggles are the same size as the DST Muppets. I don’t know how close they should be, but based on what Uncle Travellin Matt looked like while compared to his environments or even Sprocket, he looked like your average Muppet. I’m fine with 3” Doozers, as they could be like 1:1 scale to me as a human!

Glad Gobo and Red are already planned but I’m gonna need confirmation on Wembley, Mokey, and Boober before I can commit!
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:46 pm

Boggsy1982 wrote:
Well from screenshots I saw from a stream they did, it appears they have Red, Gobo and Uncle Matt in the works and then the others to follow. I'm so excited for this line! I've wanted good figures of the Fraggles since Palisades teased them with their Sesame Street line before closing their doors. I cannot be happier!
I'm pretty happy to hear we're getting Traveling Matt right away!
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:50 pm

captaincracker wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:46 pm
Boggsy1982 wrote:
I'm pretty happy to hear we're getting Traveling Matt right away!
Very cool they're going with him so early. My name is Matt, so when I was younger I always thought it was cool he had the same name. I'm all in on this line! It's helpful that Boss Fight puts out pretty decent figures as well, I love their Bucky O'Hare line. Can't wait to see these!
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:20 pm

Depending on how the Fraggles turn out I'm intrigued. First thing I thought when I saw the Dozer was that it's close to 1:1 scale, If the Fraggles are 6 inches tall then I'm buying as many as I can. If not, I'm still likely to buy a few but I would be picky.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Just PLEASE give us the main Fraggles before cancelling the line.

I'm still salty about BOH... :|
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:58 pm

Their Popeye line seems to be 6 inch scale sp I assume the Fraggles will be 6 inch and the others will scale around them. Of course their won't be a true scale between characters like Doozers and Gorgs.

My hope is they skew realistic for this line. It's hard to tell what direction they will go based on the Doozer, though it does have a fleece texture which is a good sign.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:44 am

I too, would love if the Fraggles were in the same scale as the DST Muppets, but we can't expect BFS to do that.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:39 pm

Were Palisades around 6 inches? I only picked up a few of those guys ages ago and they've been in storage since.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:47 pm

It's been such a long time since I watched Fraggle Rock, looked up some images and if the Doozers were 3.3/4 inches tall, the Fraggles would have to be about 10 inches tall to scale properly. I'm okay with the Doozers being bigger than they should be with the Fraggles measuring 6 inches, at least there would be some difference in size. Though I get the strong feeling that the Fraggles will also be 3.3/4 inches tall.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:00 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:39 pm
Were Palisades around 6 inches? I only picked up a few of those guys ages ago and they've been in storage since.
Palisades figures varied in height (obvi), but I don't think they were 1:12 figures. Technically, DST's Muppets are 1:10, meant to scale with 7" figures, and they're significantly smaller than the Palisades figures by an inch, though again, it varies because Muppet heights are all over the place. I can't measure actual height on DST figures at the moment, but I think odds are good that BFS Fraggles could scale closely to those at 3-4". But if Fraggles IRL should be smaller than average Muppets, then they might be better with Palisades.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:03 pm

I can't wait to take pictures of Uncle Matt out in the wild and send digital postcards to my siblings.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:17 pm

I've never seen Fraggle Rock. My only exposure to Fraggle Rock as a property is from the two issues of the Star Comics Fraggle Rock series. Because of that, I thought it was a cartoon. I don't know what channel it initially aired on, but I didn't have it. That said, Boss Fight stuff has been good enough to get me into collecting toys from two properties I had very basic prior knowledge about (Bucky and Sam and Max) so this may do the same.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”