FWOOSH TOYS - Yokai Skeleton

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: FWOOSH TOYS - Yokai Skeleton

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:25 am

I’ll def buy some but the wrist joints look a bit too big imo. I know they need them for ROM but the big ball looks odd. Maybe they can include swappable hands without the ball joint?

Oh and may I request some Glow In The Dark versions too.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 am

I love the Storm skeletons, but they're a little finicky. Count me in.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:54 am

I imagine interesting color variants of these could be easier to come across than Storm's "blink and you miss it" ones. I think I was online for maybe 1 or 2 Storm variants before they sold out, and the others were flat out gone before I even knew about them.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:29 am

Ooooh, exciting. I never bit on the Storm Skeletons and regretted it since - aftermarket prices suck for them.

So I'll happily invest in a small squad of these instead.

Gotta be the token Limey though - are the Fwoosh figs easy to come by outside the US?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:51 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:48 pm
In terms of 'army building' skeleton warriors -- I'm already there with HACKS, so I feel no need to do it again in a different scale.
BUT.. these are looking REALLY nice and I will always support my Fwoosh bros, so sign me up for a couple.
Aside from the Skeleton Warriors reboot, I still don't have any giant skeletons to put against my 18ths and these will work a charm.

My one critique is that the patella kneecap should be sculpted to the tibia as it rotates forward when the knee is flexed. Seeing as how the leg will never be absolutely straight except when it's put back into storage the kneecap will always be in the wrong place.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:18 pm

Is the AI Ninja line finished for good?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:44 pm

Are the skulls all going to have expressive "faces"? That's going to be a dealbreaker for me if so. I just wanted to use them as human remains in my photo shoots.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:36 pm

my wallet is ready Fwoosh, ill get 2 of them. and if u make variants then ill buy more.
Grins
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:28 pm

I was lucky and bought 3 sets of the Golden Axe skeletons at their initial price. I'm good on skels, but I know how hard it is to find good ones and I'm glad that folks will have this option.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:17 pm

citysushi wrote: Oh, not out... But I mean, yeah, knowing things like size/scale, articulation, and material would be nice. An issue I had with the SC Skeletons was the plyable material warping easily, and the hands not being able to hold the accessories with a good grip.
I think the only question mark there, potentially, is material. I -expect- they'll be made of the same plastic as the AI ninja figures, but given the nature of them I could see the possibility of that not being the case. I don't really see any possibility of Fwoosh making super articulated skeletons that aren't scaled to their existing ninja figures, and you can pretty much see what articulation is present (although I don't disagree that a break-down would be welcome).

Rob W wrote: Gotta be the token Limey though - are the Fwoosh figs easy to come by outside the US?
I'm in Canada and I ordered all my Fwoosh ninja stuff directly from their KS and the Fwoosh store. I don't imagine it's any different for most parts of the world.

AdrienVeidt wrote: Aside from the Skeleton Warriors reboot, I still don't have any giant skeletons to put against my 18ths and these will work a charm.
That's certainly a cool possibility. I mean.. I can use a few for Mezco Conan and a few for the AI Ninjas. Now I might need at least one more for a 'giant skeleton' for HACKS. Thanks a lot, ya' jerk.

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:Is the AI Ninja line finished for good?
I don't understand the question. These are labeled 'Yokai' Skeleton -- they're very likely intended to be a sort of Japanese skeleton spirit demon thing. So these would be a new -addition- to the Feudal Japanese series, rather than a replacement for it or a whole new thing. Or are you asking if they're done repainting the same ninja figure? 'Cause I really don't think that would be a bad thing as we've already gotten the whole rainbow+ in the line as it is.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 pm

I have a couple of the AI Ninjas and one of the red "Samurai" (the name escapes me) and was always impressed by the level of detail and accessories they packed in for the price (even if I *think* I got them on sale). I'll definitely watch for these, having made the Skeletons from Mythic Legions one of my main factions I collect. Being able to further flesh out those ranks is definitely welcomed.
Preacherpool
CROM!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Aside from the Skeleton Warriors reboot, I still don't have any giant skeletons to put against my 18ths and these will work a charm.
In 1:18, Gashadokuro could be represented as a five foot tall prop skeleton. If you want a giant as opposed to a '5 foot 11 vs 6 feet' meme.

secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:05 pm

Oh man, I can bash together some skeleton ninjas? I'm in.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 am

I have to be honest, I'm not digging the skulls, but everything else looks great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:50 pm

Preacherpool wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 pm
AdrienVeidt wrote:
In 1:18, Gashadokuro could be represented as a five foot tall prop skeleton. If you want a giant as opposed to a '5 foot 11 vs 6 feet' meme.

If skele-props had ratcheting joints I'd buy one, too. But, 6" figures generally feel like 9-10ft next to 4" figures, imho.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”