Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:12 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 am

A blue costumed Santa is one I'd like. And the purple custom looks great.
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The Magic City (kinda)
Posts: 1981
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:07 am

that krampus looks kool, that head would be good for a custom
User avatar
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 am

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:36 am

If they don't make a blue Hanukkah Harry, I'm making one out of the all-white version.
User avatar
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: www.poeghostal.com
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:36 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Yes! Let's get a whole Lantern Corps of Santa color variants! The evil Santa head could be put on a yellow Santa and be a Sinestro Corps Santa...
User avatar
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:12 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Anti-Verse Santa. where the red is black, and the white is red. ;)
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Basil Elks wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm
Anti-Verse Santa. where the red is black, and the white is red. ;)
I'm generally a traditionalist.... but this would look sick! I have always loved a red/black color palette.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22925
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm

So black Santa has been revealed. I don't like that he's currently the only way to get a smoking pipe and there's no white person hand to hold it. I do like his personal head sculpt with wider nose, proper beard, and glasses.
black Santa.png
black Santa.png (628.72 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
User avatar
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: www.poeghostal.com
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:36 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm

TFitz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm
So black Santa has been revealed. I don't like that he's currently the only way to get a smoking pipe and there's no white person hand to hold it. I do like his personal head sculpt with wider nose, proper beard, and glasses.

black Santa.png
There's still one more "nice" Santa to be revealed - I hope/suspect he will have those other accessories. I'm hoping he's a green Santa/Father Christmas.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3938
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm
TFitz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm
So black Santa has been revealed. I don't like that he's currently the only way to get a smoking pipe and there's no white person hand to hold it. I do like his personal head sculpt with wider nose, proper beard, and glasses.

black Santa.png
There's still one more "nice" Santa to be revealed - I hope/suspect he will have those other accessories. I'm hoping he's a green Santa/Father Christmas.
I think it would require more of a long robe than just a green suit but ya I’ve always wanted figures from the Christmas Carol, especially Christmas Future.

Image
User avatar
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The Black Lagoon (Houston, TX)
Posts: 3743
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am
Krampus really should come with a screaming kid to put in the back of his sack. Hmmmmm .... wonder if there's an appropriate substitute.
DEFINITELY!!! He also really needs to have his switches! How is he supposed to beat naughty kids without them??? I'm a huge fan of the Krampus legend, and I collect various Krampus-themed things that I display during the Christmas Season. Hell, I cosplay as him during the Yuletide!

I absolutely love the head-sculpts on these, but wish we had a more traditional looking body for him. I ordered both versions, as I hope to make a custom with a more bestial body (and having more than one is accurate to the legend. Most Americans don't realize that Krampus is a type of creature, like the elves, not an individual entity. Beyond that, the Krampus is a subset of a group of creatures known as Perchten!). I also ordered Santa, but I really want to use one of the heads to make into a traditional Austrian St. Nicholas. In the alpine legends, Krampusen are always in the company of St. Nicholas, as they are his servants (again, this is a flaw most Americans have in their view of the Krampus. They see him as "Evil Santa" or a foe for Santa/St. Nicholas, but this isn't the case. Krampus is seen as the one who assists St. Nicholas in doling out punishments, freeing up ol' Nick to reward all the good children).

I'm already brainstorming ways to make a basket, and what I can use as a "naughty child" to place in it. Gotta figure out what figure body would work well for a Krampus too...maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, since we don't even have the figures yet! :lol:
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2973
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:24 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm

I'm already brainstorming ways to make a basket, and what I can use as a "naughty child" to place in it.
Assuming only the head of the kid needs to be visible, I was thinking of using the alt, screaming, head that comes with the NECA Home Alone Kevin McCallister.
User avatar
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: www.poeghostal.com
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:36 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:36 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm
DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am
Krampus really should come with a screaming kid to put in the back of his sack. Hmmmmm .... wonder if there's an appropriate substitute.
DEFINITELY!!! He also really needs to have his switches! How is he supposed to beat naughty kids without them??? I'm a huge fan of the Krampus legend, and I collect various Krampus-themed things that I display during the Christmas Season. Hell, I cosplay as him during the Yuletide!

I absolutely love the head-sculpts on these, but wish we had a more traditional looking body for him. I ordered both versions, as I hope to make a custom with a more bestial body (and having more than one is accurate to the legend. Most Americans don't realize that Krampus is a type of creature, like the elves, not an individual entity. Beyond that, the Krampus is a subset of a group of creatures known as Perchten!). I also ordered Santa, but I really want to use one of the heads to make into a traditional Austrian St. Nicholas. In the alpine legends, Krampusen are always in the company of St. Nicholas, as they are his servants (again, this is a flaw most Americans have in their view of the Krampus. They see him as "Evil Santa" or a foe for Santa/St. Nicholas, but this isn't the case. Krampus is seen as the one who assists St. Nicholas in doling out punishments, freeing up ol' Nick to reward all the good children).

I'm already brainstorming ways to make a basket, and what I can use as a "naughty child" to place in it. Gotta figure out what figure body would work well for a Krampus too...maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, since we don't even have the figures yet! :lol:
For a better Krampus body:

Not cheap, but this might work: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/173079

Depends how keen you are on him having hooves.

Or maybe one of these:
https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigur ... gure=tyrus
https://gofigure.toys/tyrus-action-figure.html

They're the same guy but different companies.

As for the naughty child, I often use the NECA Ralphie (the original plastic one) for that purpose. But NECA also has John Connor and Chucky, who might work with a new head.
User avatar
Preacherpool
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 818
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:42 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm
He also really needs to have his switches! How is he supposed to beat naughty kids without them???
Belsnickel starter kit.

Image
User avatar
kboe1313
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:00 am

I'm not sure how I feel about the glasses, but the pipe accessory alone made me order the Jolly Santa. Might cancel my regular Santa order, don't feel the need for two.
User avatar
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:03 am

I'd hate for the face to be someone famous. I'd find it distracting. I might would just stick the legs out of the top though. That might even be creepier.

If these are successful who's to say they wouldn't do a more traditional Krampus down the line.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”