Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 am

A blue costumed Santa is one I'd like. And the purple custom looks great.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:07 am

that krampus looks kool, that head would be good for a custom
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:36 am

If they don't make a blue Hanukkah Harry, I'm making one out of the all-white version.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Yes! Let's get a whole Lantern Corps of Santa color variants! The evil Santa head could be put on a yellow Santa and be a Sinestro Corps Santa...
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Anti-Verse Santa. where the red is black, and the white is red. ;)
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Basil Elks wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:33 pm
Anti-Verse Santa. where the red is black, and the white is red. ;)
I'm generally a traditionalist.... but this would look sick! I have always loved a red/black color palette.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm

So black Santa has been revealed. I don't like that he's currently the only way to get a smoking pipe and there's no white person hand to hold it. I do like his personal head sculpt with wider nose, proper beard, and glasses.
black Santa.png
black Santa.png (628.72 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm

TFitz wrote:
So black Santa has been revealed. I don't like that he's currently the only way to get a smoking pipe and there's no white person hand to hold it. I do like his personal head sculpt with wider nose, proper beard, and glasses.

black Santa.png
There's still one more "nice" Santa to be revealed - I hope/suspect he will have those other accessories. I'm hoping he's a green Santa/Father Christmas.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:31 pm
TFitz wrote:

black Santa.png
There's still one more "nice" Santa to be revealed - I hope/suspect he will have those other accessories. I'm hoping he's a green Santa/Father Christmas.
I think it would require more of a long robe than just a green suit but ya I’ve always wanted figures from the Christmas Carol, especially Christmas Future.

The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:12 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am
Krampus really should come with a screaming kid to put in the back of his sack. Hmmmmm .... wonder if there's an appropriate substitute.
DEFINITELY!!! He also really needs to have his switches! How is he supposed to beat naughty kids without them??? I'm a huge fan of the Krampus legend, and I collect various Krampus-themed things that I display during the Christmas Season. Hell, I cosplay as him during the Yuletide!

I absolutely love the head-sculpts on these, but wish we had a more traditional looking body for him. I ordered both versions, as I hope to make a custom with a more bestial body (and having more than one is accurate to the legend. Most Americans don't realize that Krampus is a type of creature, like the elves, not an individual entity. Beyond that, the Krampus is a subset of a group of creatures known as Perchten!). I also ordered Santa, but I really want to use one of the heads to make into a traditional Austrian St. Nicholas. In the alpine legends, Krampusen are always in the company of St. Nicholas, as they are his servants (again, this is a flaw most Americans have in their view of the Krampus. They see him as "Evil Santa" or a foe for Santa/St. Nicholas, but this isn't the case. Krampus is seen as the one who assists St. Nicholas in doling out punishments, freeing up ol' Nick to reward all the good children).

I'm already brainstorming ways to make a basket, and what I can use as a "naughty child" to place in it. Gotta figure out what figure body would work well for a Krampus too...maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, since we don't even have the figures yet! :lol:
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:24 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:

I'm already brainstorming ways to make a basket, and what I can use as a "naughty child" to place in it.
Assuming only the head of the kid needs to be visible, I was thinking of using the alt, screaming, head that comes with the NECA Home Alone Kevin McCallister.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:36 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am
Krampus really should come with a screaming kid to put in the back of his sack. Hmmmmm .... wonder if there's an appropriate substitute.
DEFINITELY!!! He also really needs to have his switches! How is he supposed to beat naughty kids without them??? I'm a huge fan of the Krampus legend, and I collect various Krampus-themed things that I display during the Christmas Season. Hell, I cosplay as him during the Yuletide!

I absolutely love the head-sculpts on these, but wish we had a more traditional looking body for him. I ordered both versions, as I hope to make a custom with a more bestial body (and having more than one is accurate to the legend. Most Americans don't realize that Krampus is a type of creature, like the elves, not an individual entity. Beyond that, the Krampus is a subset of a group of creatures known as Perchten!). I also ordered Santa, but I really want to use one of the heads to make into a traditional Austrian St. Nicholas. In the alpine legends, Krampusen are always in the company of St. Nicholas, as they are his servants (again, this is a flaw most Americans have in their view of the Krampus. They see him as "Evil Santa" or a foe for Santa/St. Nicholas, but this isn't the case. Krampus is seen as the one who assists St. Nicholas in doling out punishments, freeing up ol' Nick to reward all the good children).

I'm already brainstorming ways to make a basket, and what I can use as a "naughty child" to place in it. Gotta figure out what figure body would work well for a Krampus too...maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, since we don't even have the figures yet! :lol:
For a better Krampus body:

Not cheap, but this might work: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/173079

Depends how keen you are on him having hooves.

Or maybe one of these:
https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigur ... gure=tyrus
https://gofigure.toys/tyrus-action-figure.html

They're the same guy but different companies.

As for the naughty child, I often use the NECA Ralphie (the original plastic one) for that purpose. But NECA also has John Connor and Chucky, who might work with a new head.
Preacherpool
CROM!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:42 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
He also really needs to have his switches! How is he supposed to beat naughty kids without them???
Belsnickel starter kit.

kboe1313
Customized

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:00 am

I'm not sure how I feel about the glasses, but the pipe accessory alone made me order the Jolly Santa. Might cancel my regular Santa order, don't feel the need for two.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:03 am

I'd hate for the face to be someone famous. I'd find it distracting. I might would just stick the legs out of the top though. That might even be creepier.

If these are successful who's to say they wouldn't do a more traditional Krampus down the line.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”