Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:01 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:01 pm
Black Santa is great for the people who want it... but why are those usually the same people that tweet at Disney & Hasbro wanting to cancel toys that other people want like Slave Leia, hooded Cobra Commander, Cara Dune, etc?
What are you talking about??? Do you have a single scrap of evidence to show people howling for cancelation of toys are in any way the same people that will buy a black santa figure? I bet you don't - just grand sweeping assumptions about stuff.

In fact, I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find any action figure collectors at all calling for the cancelation of any of the figures you list. The trepidation about those figures comes from the parent company themselves wishing to avoid potential controversy from casual consumers that might see something in a toy aisle and react. I'm guessing almost none of those people are buying a $50 Santa figure from an online collectibles store.

But put me in the camp that wants figures of Slave Leia, Cobra Commander with a hood and Cara Dune and ALSO wants black Santa. It's super cool for me to get a Santa Claus figure that looks like my dad. That isn't wokeness, that isn't Political Correctness, it's representation. News flash - Santa isn't real, so the imaginary character can be imagined to look lots of different ways. And having a black Santa on offer doesn't in invalidate or diminish the white Santa that was offered first. It's just an option. And it worked. I was definitely NOT going to buy a basic Santa action figure - it didn't feel like something I needed. I am going to buy the Black Santa figure because that hits me a different way.

There was zero reason to try to make this bonus offering something political.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 pm

What about Santa in blue, or possible "Black Peter"?
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Black Santa is great for the people who want it... but why are those usually the same people that tweet at Disney & Hasbro wanting to cancel toys that other people want like Slave Leia, hooded Cobra Commander, Cara Dune, etc?
What are you talking about??? Do you have a single scrap of evidence to show people howling for cancelation of toys are in any way the same people that will buy a black santa figure? I bet you don't - just grand sweeping assumptions about stuff.

In fact, I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find any action figure collectors at all calling for the cancelation of any of the figures you list. The trepidation about those figures comes from the parent company themselves wishing to avoid potential controversy from casual consumers that might see something in a toy aisle and react. I'm guessing almost none of those people are buying a $50 Santa figure from an online collectibles store.

But put me in the camp that wants figures of Slave Leia, Cobra Commander with a hood and Cara Dune and ALSO wants black Santa. It's super cool for me to get a Santa Claus figure that looks like my dad. That isn't wokeness, that isn't Political Correctness, it's representation. News flash - Santa isn't real, so the imaginary character can be imagined to look lots of different ways. And having a black Santa on offer doesn't in invalidate or diminish the white Santa that was offered first. It's just an option. And it worked. I was definitely NOT going to buy a basic Santa action figure - it didn't feel like something I needed. I am going to buy the Black Santa figure because that hits me a different way.

I am happy you will be able to buy what you want without others trying to "cancel" or suppress it. I simply was expressing an anti-censorship position. The people who scream about representation are usually the same people who want to "cancel" other products. That is a conclusion I have drawn from millions of observations and experiences in my life and I am sure I could provide concrete evidence if I spent the time.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:36 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:

I am happy you will be able to buy what you want without others trying to "cancel" or suppress it. I simply was expressing an anti-censorship position. The people who scream about representation are usually the same people who want to "cancel" other products. That is a conclusion I have drawn from millions of observations and experiences in my life and I am sure I could provide concrete evidence if I spent the time.
I am fairly confident you would not be able to find actual evidence of the initial point you made - those wanting the black Santa figure are the same that want to cancel specific other figures you listed.

But I'm very curious why the suggestion of a black Santa figure made you feel like you had to address censorship and cancel culture. There was literally nothing expressed in this thread that would have opened the door on those topics except your reaction to "representation". There's no need to drag your persecution complex into this thread.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Darth_Drakonis wrote:

Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
PantherCult wrote:
Darth_Drakonis wrote:

Hey, I remember you.

jakeekiss
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:18 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
PantherCult wrote:
Darth_Drakonis wrote:

Oh yeah, just those people. Uh, huh. Never seen anybody on the other side of the fence want to cancel something for some stupid petty reason. Nope. Nuh uh. Never happened...

Hey, y'all remember when Ethan Van Sciver was buying Star Wars figures just to destroy them on youtube in protest of new Star Wars characters? Good times.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:35 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
This is a trap. :lol:
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:48 am

Anyway I’m glad to see the Black Santa but I feel it needs a bit more jazzing up instead of just a different skin color with the same suit color scheme.

Maybe a more maroon tone to the suit or even a purple.

And here’s a blue for a more Hanukkah look maybe.

PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:54 am

Damn dude... you got me hyped for a purple suited black Santa - then I realized those were just examples of what it would look like in different colors. I'm in for black Santa, but I couldn't hit pre-order on a purple suited version fast enough.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am

Krampus really should come with a screaming kid to put in the back of his sack. Hmmmmm .... wonder if there's an appropriate substitute.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:06 am

Hanukkah Harry anyone???

https://youtu.be/hjMRBNm4n_A
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:09 am

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am
Krampus really should come with a screaming kid to put in the back of his sack. Hmmmmm .... wonder if there's an appropriate substitute.
Yes we do need this
This is too fun :lol:

Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 am

I'd love a green Father Christmas/Ghost of Christmas Present variant!

The Hanukkah one is great too.
Preacherpool
CROM!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:48 am

Now that Super7 announced ReAction Dancing Bears, I'm going to need a horned Grateful Dead Santa head sculpt to complement them.

The accessory set trended well so I don't see any foul keeping Classic Santa as an evergreen figure and offering periodic kits to keep making new variants. Somebody out there wants Cthulhu Santa...

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”