Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 am

Anyone knows why Olek Thygar heads are so different between versions (GraveRing has 3 pinkish circles on the forehead and “horns” that forms almost a circle while Hvalkatar has some kind of tech thing on the forehead and no long horns)?

Did anyone read any story explanation (I couldn’t find any). What are your theories?

At first I thought the horns might be broken and the tech might be some kind of power restriction for the pink things. But I think chronologically the horned one is posterior.
User avatar
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2631
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:56 am

Shipping has gone up again for everyone. If you want alternatives check out SourceHorsemen.
Mahtion
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:27 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:46 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:Anyone knows why Olek Thygar heads are so different between versions (GraveRing has 3 pinkish circles on the forehead and “horns” that forms almost a circle while Hvalkatar has some kind of tech thing on the forehead and no long horns)?

Did anyone read any story explanation (I couldn’t find any). What are your theories?

At first I thought the horns might be broken and the tech might be some kind of power restriction for the pink things. But I think chronologically the horned one is posterior.
I have not but I will treat them as brothers or just two species variants. I heard someone suggest the grave ring version may Olek’s physiological reaction to Hvalkataar’s atmosphere or climate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 am

Mahtion wrote: I have not but I will treat them as brothers or just two species variants. I heard someone suggest the grave ring version may Olek’s physiological reaction to Hvalkataar’s atmosphere or climate
I also intend to consider them separate characters.

The atmosphere influence is an interesting theory. I really wished they released some comics to go with these figures.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17709
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 am
I really wished they released some comics to go with these figures.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're better off creating your own canon. The last time they tried to do a comic it took forever, was awful and had barely any actual story in it, despite what they were promising. Comics are NOT their thing, and they should stay FAR away from them.
Samalas
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 am

Image

Reward 4 up. Wonder if this fits inside the helm or if the helmet is part of the original head.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3915
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:05 am

Samalas wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 am
Image

Reward 4 up. Wonder if this fits inside the helm or if the helmet is part of the original head.
That pic makes it look like it’s Glow in the Dark and if its not it should be.

None of these unlocks have blown me away. Hopefully there is one more thing they can unveil before the end.
User avatar
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:08 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:24 am

Image

This is a great shot showing the newly revealed Slogg head, taken by One:Six Shooter.
User avatar
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:08 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:29 am

Samalas wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 am
Image

Reward 4 up. Wonder if this fits inside the helm or if the helmet is part of the original head.
Image

Looking at this image, It looks like the new head will be compatible with the space bubble helmet as the helmet just goes over the head and connects directly to the torso.

BTW, do anyone think that the Slogg body would make for a great Space Gorilla character?
Kind of like the early McFarlane Techno Spawn Code Red figure.
dogtownbrigade
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:37 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm
yorick_skirata wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 am
I really wished they released some comics to go with these figures.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're better off creating your own canon. The last time they tried to do a comic it took forever, was awful and had barely any actual story in it, despite what they were promising. Comics are NOT their thing, and they should stay FAR away from them.
lol I worked on that comic..
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17709
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:03 pm

Really?

No hard feelings intended or anything, it just seemed like something the 4H weren't quite ready to tackle without some real planning beforehand.
Mahtion
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:27 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm
yorick_skirata wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 am
I really wished they released some comics to go with these figures.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're better off creating your own canon. The last time they tried to do a comic it took forever, was awful and had barely any actual story in it, despite what they were promising. Comics are NOT their thing, and they should stay FAR away from them.
lol I worked on that comic..
Did you work on the story or art panels? Do you still work for 4H and if so will Cosmic Legions get it’s own comic?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami (unfortunately)
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:49 pm

the green fat guy looks like krang and the bug guys look like District 9...im liking so far the blue alien guy with horns
User avatar
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:08 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:02 pm

More heads are coming!
Looks like each of the 3 legion builders are getting a second head, only 1 has been revealed.
Image
Mahtion
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:27 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:08 am

JordanRH wrote:More heads are coming!
Looks like each of the 3 legion builders are getting a second head, only 1 has been revealed.
Image
I really like this head, reminds me of Mass Effect Salarians.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”