Franken Berry and Count Chocula Action Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Franken Berry and Count Chocula Action Figures

Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:33 am

Yeah, I'm liking this guy more than I should. :lol: :lol: The really really need to make Boo Berry and Yummy Mummy. Maybe a 3rd figure to get Fruit Brute.

My only real nit is the sides, top and bottom of the cereal boxes are just plain white. I'm absolutely going to find pics of them all and putting them on.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:44 pm

Got Franken Berry today. He really looks great. I've got a few nits, though. He should be taller than he is compared to the Count. His shoes aren't painted right, and I think the chains could have been done better. I've got some tiny chains I may swap them out with. Still, despite my nits, as I said, he really looks awesome.

One very cool feature is his drop down legs. At first I thought there wouldn't be any forward or back movement, but move them down and they have great motion.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:41 pm

To anyone else who has these, how does the leg articulation feel? I just picked up Count Chocula & he's an absolute marionette below the waist. I'm super disappointed, he can hardly stand. I also picked up a couple of Jada's Universal Monsters & they're excellent, so I wonder if I just got a dud.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Yeah, their legs are a bit weak. Franken Berry has fallen down twice on me.

Here's a couple of fun shots. Oh, I took high-res pictures of all 4 sides of the real cereal boxes so I can shrink them and add them to the toy boxes.

Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Where are folks finding these?
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 pm

I think everybody who has these in hand, myself included, bought them at Meijer, a Midwest grocery/general store

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:23 am

Jealous of everyone who has these already! I have them on pre-order but now I'm hoping I see them in stores first.
EICzerofour
Customized

Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:17 am

I finally found Frankenberry today. Not as great as Count Chocula but def not bad. Suuuper weird neck ball joint, I get why they put it where they did but wish the hole in the head was a bit deeper. Love these figures, I hope we get Boo Berry and the retired monsters. I love these two.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:55 pm

I just found these in store after totally forgetting about them. Lucked out and had a $5 off coupon at Meijer so I got them for $15 each. I really love these guys. Only issue I have is the insanely difficult-to-remove heads and that neck joint that feels and sounds like it's going to snap anytime I move it. Will have to fix these issues.

Took me a while to notice the mural on the side of the boxes which gives me much more hope they will make more than these 2 figures. I don't see them going through the trouble of that for just 2.
Blackestday
CROM!

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
I just found these in store after totally forgetting about them. Lucked out and had a $5 off coupon at Meijer so I got them for $15 each. I really love these guys. Only issue I have is the insanely difficult-to-remove heads and that neck joint that feels and sounds like it's going to snap anytime I move it. Will have to fix these issues.

Took me a while to notice the mural on the side of the boxes which gives me much more hope they will make more than these 2 figures. I don't see them going through the trouble of that for just 2.
Meijer had them at a regular price of $20 or were they marked down/ on clearance?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:15 pm

Blackestday wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:29 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:

Meijer had them at a regular price of $20 or were they marked down/ on clearance?
$20 is the regular price. Only place I've seen not charging $25. I've only seen the actual figures in 1 store, but I have seen the shelf stickers for them are the same at all stores.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:13 pm

General Mills is putting Frute Brute cereal back in stores, I assume for Halloween time - maybe a harbinger of an action figure...?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:13 pm

I hope we get something--Booberry at the very least. I was surprised (not really) we didn't hear anything at SDCC. Fingers crossed the show ain't over.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:35 am

Really hoping they finish these out. Only three characters!

Anyone know of a way to get these to stand more effectively?
EICzerofour
Customized

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:22 am

Found the cereal, I would really like if we got Boo Berry and Frute Brute, even Yummy Mummy. Loving the cereal, i'd definitely buy toys from it.

BTW there is a promo where you can get little KAWS figures if you get the cereal, just put in the code every day. I won a set, super excited to get them as it will be my first Boo Berry merch lol.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”