NECA Gargoyles

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Gargoyles

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:58 pm

scottg10 wrote:I think I will buy an extra Goliath and hit it with some of this. Maybe it’ll do until we get official versions.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-G ... ected=true

Just be careful it doesn't react with the plastic and melt some of the finer details (like the face). Maybe try it on a fodder figure first.

misterskeezler on Instagram

scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:05 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:58 pm
scottg10 wrote:I think I will buy an extra Goliath and hit it with some of this. Maybe it’ll do until we get official versions.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-G ... ected=true
Just be careful it doesn't react with the plastic and melt some of the finer details (like the face). Maybe try it on a fodder figure first.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. I'm totally not a customizer, so I did not think of that.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:47 am

I painted an extra BAF sandman with one of those but in a more sandy shade and it looks good.
Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Well…. It’s right at the 3 month mark, I guess so much for the reveal a month thing. NECA seems to be very quite on their twitter, haven’t heard from them in a good while. I like how this line is looking, I want to collect this line, but it’s fine for something to be shown, especially if they were saying one a month back in March.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:36 pm

If I had to guess, Neca had planned on doing an announcement a month but probably something happened with Disney. Also from what I understand Randy is the only one doing the Neca social media stuff and considering how things get with the TMNT releases, I don't blame him for having to take a break every now and again.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:03 pm

Toy Hound wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Well…. It’s right at the 3 month mark, I guess so much for the reveal a month thing. NECA seems to be very quite on their twitter, haven’t heard from them in a good while. I like how this line is looking, I want to collect this line, but it’s fine for something to be shown, especially if they were saying one a month back in March.
It was NEVER a definite thing of revealing one figure a month. I assume there may be some hiccups with approvals from Disney, as I think this is a new business relationship for NECA, and Disney could have more hoops to jump through than they are used to.

The response to Goliath was so overwhelming that they had to announce an order cutoff for retailers, and I don't think they've EVER done that for a standard release figure.
We know there are more figures sculpted already, so we know they're coming.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:56 pm

I don’t think it’s Disney, even Ninja Turtles is hitting HUGE manufacturing delays (you think NECA wants to send out the 4 pack in three tiny waves instead of hitting every Target at once?!) Randy has even said we’d see the next figure when Goliath has a confirmed release date, which sounds like it all but confirms the factories not Disney are the hold up.

I understand the delays, and I know I’m getting my figures… but Christdammit if it doesn’t suck, I need this line to be it’s seventh year so I can start getting deep cuts and crazy variants to add to my already extensive collection (Detective Broadway! Avalon Gargoyle Number 4! Naught!) but because we live in the crappiest post apocalypse I’m here impatiently waiting for the main character to ship before I even get to see who the second figure is going to be…. I HATE IT, Whaaaaa!!!!
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Believe me, nobody hear wants this line more than I do. And as far as deep cuts go, I hope they eventually get into the SLG comics. I want to see Brooklyn's mate, Katana. I want to see the Redemption Squad from the "Bad Guys" spin-off.

Five completed, more in development... and we saw pieces of Demona.

Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 pm

If they only have five completed at this point it makes you wonder which of the main clan got left out. Bronx? Hudson? Maybe even both if they’ve got a steel clan or Xanatos in the mix?

Lexington seems to be the biggest engineering challenge to me based on his style of wings being attached to his arms. Maybe some sort of flexible vinyl material or just interchange arms? He and Bronx might make for a good two pack to help even out the cost. People won’t like paying $30-35 for Lexington when Goliath is that same price and much larger. Although Hudson and Bronx are more the natural pairing for a 2 pack. Not that they need two packs at all.
Whitehawk345
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:01 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 pm
If they only have five completed at this point it makes you wonder which of the main clan got left out. Bronx? Hudson? Maybe even both if they’ve got a steel clan or Xanatos in the mix?

Lexington seems to be the biggest engineering challenge to me based on his style of wings being attached to his arms. Maybe some sort of flexible vinyl material or just interchange arms? He and Bronx might make for a good two pack to help even out the cost. People won’t like paying $30-35 for Lexington when Goliath is that same price and much larger. Although Hudson and Bronx are more the natural pairing for a 2 pack. Not that they need two packs at all.
Lex could come with a ton of accessories.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 am

Whitehawk345 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:01 am
Lex could come with a ton of accessories.
Oh yeah! I’d want him to come withe Police VR Robot/Laptop he uses to interface with Coldstone and NECA could get another use out of their TV mold by giving him one with ‘the Pack’ on it
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Neca has packed tmnt figures with accessories that I wouldn’t have even thought was possible so no doubt in my mind the will do the same with this line
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:Image

I don’t think it’s Disney, even Ninja Turtles is hitting HUGE manufacturing delays (you think NECA wants to send out the 4 pack in three tiny waves instead of hitting every Target at once?!) Randy has even said we’d see the next figure when Goliath has a confirmed release date, which sounds like it all but confirms the factories not Disney are the hold up.

I understand the delays, and I know I’m getting my figures… but Christdammit if it doesn’t suck, I need this line to be it’s seventh year so I can start getting deep cuts and crazy variants to add to my already extensive collection (Detective Broadway! Avalon Gargoyle Number 4! Naught!) but because we live in the crappiest post apocalypse I’m here impatiently waiting for the main character to ship before I even get to see who the second figure is going to be…. I HATE IT, Whaaaaa!!!!
I love this post.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:17 pm

NECA has done stuff with Disney owned properties before, so there may not be a ton of surprises from them there. From what we heard in the Fwooshcast with Brian Flynn of Super7, it sounds like Disney has been great for them when it comes to their sculpting and character choices, but they get a lot of feedback when it comes to the packaging. Maybe Randy will elaborate on it some day, but Gargoyles isn't a property Disney has much invested in so I can't imagine them being any more hands-on (and probably less) than they would with a toy line based on their animated film properties. I personally think the delay is all factory related and I never felt July was going to happen for Goliath. Maybe they're saving the Demona reveal for if/when Goliath is officially delayed as that would serve to soften the blow.
EICzerofour
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:12 am

Quick question for people who regularly order NECA. Do we think the July due date will likely be delayed? I have it preordered on bbts, and as I am moving in a couple of months I need to start making a list of what figures I need to change shipping info for.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”