NECA Universal Monsters

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
GuruAskew
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

NECA Universal Monsters

Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 am

First up is Frankenstein:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA Universal Monsters

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:59 am

I hope NECA will let us know what likenesses are included in their license. They’ve worked the impossible before in getting the rights to Big Names in their Alien/Predator/Terminator and now Back to the Future lines-hopefully they’ll be the 1st company in forever to get Karloff/Cheney/and Lugosi at the same time.
GuruAskew
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:20 am

Lugosi’s shitbag son loses control over his likeness in 5 years. I’m hoping they approached him and told him to come back with a reasonable offer because they can wait 5 years if he wants to be an asshole.

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:29 am

GuruAskew wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:20 am
Lugosi’s shitbag son loses control over his likeness in 5 years. I’m hoping they approached him and told him to come back with a reasonable offer because they can wait 5 years if he wants to be an @$!%^#*.

Did he step on your foot and beat your dog or something?

Sounds personal.
GuruAskew
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

NECA Universal Monsters

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:30 am

No. He’s the ultimate hypocrite though. He fought tooth and nail to control his father’s legacy only to turn around and steal the rights to the Three Stooges from their heirs. [email protected]#$ him.

Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:42 am

I didnt know about the Stooges thing,but he apparently has no understanding of how licensing works or how much it should cost because few companies have been willing to meet his demands and actually make a Lugosi Dracula. I’m tired of companies giving us a kickass Karloff Frankenstein,a Creature,and maybe a Cheney Wolfman aaaannnddd-thats it. Looking at you Mezco!
GuruAskew
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

NECA Universal Monsters

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:45 am

Exactly. There’s loads of merch with photorealistic Karloff likenesses and some wack generic Dracula because he’s obviously a pain to deal with. Yet he’s not very discriminating with slapping the Stooges all over any piece of garbage that crosses his desk.

The fact that both NECA and Mondo have skipped Dracula for their initial offerings when he’s the most popular character? Already a bad sign.

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:04 am

Sigh. I suppose I'll be buying black & white AND color versions of everyone. Cuz I'm a mark.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:28 am

Really looking forward to these. It will nice to have these side by side with the Hammer figures.

They gotta do color versions though.
Grak
HULK SMASH!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:37 am

Looks good. I'm sure a color version is coming but I really wish they would release it first.

A Lugosi Dracula is a must. I know it's complicated but it's not impossible. If Mego can get the likeness rights then so should NECA. NECA has dealt with worse rights issues.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:23 am

Head sculpt looks great. Frank looks pretty fat there with all the overlays, but could just be the image. Still I could imagine NECA doing some amazing stuff with this line. Color me interested!
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:39 pm

While I love my DST UMs (especially v2 Creature), they are way too big to fit in with my other figures. So assuming these are closer to 1/10 scale, I'm definitely in.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 pm

Weird that Mego got the Lugosi license but couldn't (or didn't want to) get Karloff. Definitely want some Hammer to go with these. I'd kill to see NECA's take on Cushing and Lee.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:14 pm

I have coveted the DST Creature for quite a few years now, ever since I goofed up and missed out on ordering it before the prices skyrocketed. So this foray into Universal Monsters is nothing short of awesome to me.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:19 pm

I bought my friend the DST v2 via Aamazon for $14. Didnt get myself one. Now its price is cray.

Looking forward to see what NECA does with this line. Especially if they can make Legosi Dracula too.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics