Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:13 am

I’d take Talion and Celebrimbor and Annatar! They could do a wraith version of half Talion and half Celebrimbor too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:36 pm

Gandalf is looking great!
KillerCrocodileRock
I wish I had super powers

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:28 am

Gandalf looks great indeed. For what I can see in the photos is a great sculpt and likeness. We'll see in hand. After caving in and buying all the line I can say I'm happy overall, just frustrated that they don't put a little more attention to detail, because line has a lot of potential. I'm not going to go again point by pointy because It's being talked already in detail by other users, but a nice figure like Aragorn, with a good facesculpt(something Toybiz didn't achieve in none of the versions) has a [email protected]#$ hand that can`t grab a frcking thing.
They just need a little more effort in that regard because the sculpts are nice. Gimli is just beautifull(althougt a bit on the big side scale wise, okey this one is nitpicking a bit lol, but honestly, details details)
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:40 am

I know virtually nothing about this line, how is Sauron coming along?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:46 am

He's finished already.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:32 am

Burkion wrote:
You need to buy the first wave as he's the Build a Figure incentive included with each.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Burkion wrote:I know virtually nothing about this line, how is Sauron coming along?
He's excellent. And massive.

misterskeezler on Instagram

MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:52 pm

Burkion wrote:
Series 1: Gimli, Legolas
Series 2: Frodo, Nazgul
Series 3: Aragorn, Moria Orc

Buy all six and you have a 13" Sauron.

Series 4: Gandalf, Uruk-Hai Orc -- no parts
Deluxe Gollum comes with Legolas' knives, a throwing axe for Gimli, alt heads
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:06 pm

Thank you guys for the breakdown, that's extremely helpful.

Well I know what I'm scrounging after.
DiFabio
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:49 pm

When the prototypes were first shown, I was super excited. Then when the production samples of Legolas and Gimli popped up and the weapons/accessories/lothlorien cloaks and articulation cuts were dropped, I lost all interest. I’m a big fan of that original Toy Biz line from 2001-2005 so I was disappointed with these with all the advancements in action figures, 20 years later. It’s like, this is the best you could do?

Well, yesterday I walked into a store and I saw Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, the Ringwraith, Aragorn and the Moria Orc . . . and I bought them all. I couldn’t resist with all of them being right there and I really wanted to build Sauron.

While I still think Legolas is an extremely weak effort, each figure in each subsequent series is better than the last. Frodo has an amazing likeness (better than Toy Biz) and I love Aragorn and the Moria Orc. Great job Diamond Select. The star is Sauron, but that goes without saying. All of these display really, really well. I can’t wait for Gandalf and the Helms Deep Uruk Hai and it’s nice that Gollum comes with the missing accessories.

Could things be better, sure, but given what barebones, exclusive crap Hasbro has been pumping out (those Book of Boba Fett black series figures at $32 a pop and the 4” TVC ones at $26 are ridiculous), $29 for a solid, great looking LOTR figure is a bargain. I like the size and sculpts of all these guys and gladly support anymore that come along the way.

I’d like to see atleast Boromir, Saruman, Lurtz (maybe make him have an alternate head for a regular helmeted Amon ahem grunt?), Merry and Pippin to round out the first movie. All the key heroes and villains, done. I’ll buy em’ all.

Diamond Select is killing it right now. I also got the recent Stormtrooper and man, I feel like there’s way more value in these things than other figures out there. I feel like I’m getting something closer to the 2-ups/prototypes in terms of sharpness of the sculpt and paint. Other lines come with one accessory, look cheap, plasticky, glossy, especially the headsculpts. These figures are a step above that. Great work.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:29 pm

DiFabio wrote:

I’d like to see atleast Boromir, Saruman, Lurtz (maybe make him have an alternate head for a regular helmeted Amon ahem grunt?), Merry and Pippin to round out the first movie. All the key heroes and villains, done. I’ll buy em’ all.
The audacity of the slight in this paragraph.

PO-TA-TOES!
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:47 pm

VeeBee wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:29 pm
DiFabio wrote:

The audacity of the slight in this paragraph.

PO-TA-TOES!
Seriously! Don't you remember your Sam?
DiFabio
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:42 pm

Sam sucks. He’s the least important Fellowship member (glorified cook) and would make for a boring action figure. Remember what he did at the end of Fellowship of the Ring? Ran away to go look for Frodo. Everyone else fought the Uruks. If Diamond Select does another wave, Boromir and Lurtz are the clear action oriented route to take, followed by Saurman. What’s toyetic about Sam? The scene where he’s hitting orcs in the head with a frying pan? Please.

Would rather have Bill the Pony than Samwise Gamgee.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:50 pm

"On September 22 Master Samwise rides out from Bag End. He comes to the Tower Hills, and is last seen by Elanor, to whom he gives the Red Book afterwards kept by the Fairbairns. Among them the tradition is handed down from Elanor that Samwise passed the Towers, and went to the Grey Havens, and passed over Sea, last of the Ring-bearers."
Whitehawk345
Avengers Assemble

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:24 pm

Without Samwise Gamgee... Sauron wins!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics