Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:50 am

I got my 3 Moria Orcs and Aragorn figure today. And just like the previous figures, these are fantastic! I have to say though, Aragorn is in serious contention for figure of the year for me. The detail on this figure is incredible, as well as the detail on the accessories. The likeness is amazing, the accessories he comes with are great, and the articulation is solid. And just $30 I collect all kinds of lines and properties ranging from high end adult collectibles. All the way to retail kids lines. And the detail and look of this figure at $30, with all the accessories and articulation just makes it all the better.

I honestly think I'm going to buy this figure again. I really, really like it.

Now, Sauron. I finally built him, and this Build A Figure is one of the coolest I own. And I have lots of BAF's from Marvel Legends, DC Classics, Ghostbusters Plasma, and so on. This is one big, solid, imposing figure with unbelievable detail. Even if you aren't a LotR fan this thing is a must. It's really cool.

If you are a LotR fan, I recommend each and every figure DST has let out for this line thus far. Wave 1-3 and the SDCC Exclusive Set.

If you are just a casual fan of LotR, or not a fan at all but just want some cool, imposing, or fun Fantasy figures. I highly recommend the Sauron Build A Figure, The Ring Wraith, The Orc, and Aragorn. I think they would be fun or look cool in any display for someone who likes fantasy, sword and sorcery, D&D, or just really cool looking figures.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:28 am

Post pictures! What accessories did Aragorn come with at the end?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:49 am

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics.

Please.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Mine arrives today...I can NOT wait.

Zach, any idea when the deluxe Gollum is set to arrive?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Guys, some bad news...

These figures are possibly too f**king awesome. We're all going to go broke. I may buy every Moria Orc I see. Aragorn is pretty amazing. The likeness on mine is stellar, and the poseability is great. A little bend to one of the swords when I took it out of the scabbard, but a minute in front of the space heater and some readjusting fixed that right up.

And Sauron...man, he's just as imposing as I hoped he'd be.

Zach, to avoid having a million standalone Sauron's maces out in the world, you guys should start some army builder packs for the Orcs.

I know I'm gushing, but these figures are really great. I still have issues with Legolas' arms being single jointed, but I'm really loving this line. I'll grab some pics after work.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:49 pm

Some quick pics while I ignore my conference call. ImageImageImageImage

misterskeezler on Instagram

FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:53 pm

Yep, great set! Can't wait for the next roundImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Great shots! I can't wait for the next wave, but I also have 2 more Orcs ordered, so that'll be a little army. Honestly I can see some army building multipacks as a potential feature of this line.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Just got my waves 2 & 3, and the SDCC set as well, and I'll echo what you guys are saying. They look fantastic, and that's just going by them still in the boxes as I wont be able tp open them until later tonight.

Great job Diamond Select - I love this line! As soon as some ebay funds clear from a few sales I just made, Im going to grab a few more Wraiths and another Orc. Never thought I would say this, but this line is starting to make me me wanna sell off the old ToyBiz collection...

If we ever get indications that DS is going to give us Mouth of Sauron, the Witch King, and some steeds & Wargs - that ToyBiz collection is gonzo!
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:33 pm

Wave 3 is coming tomorrow for me. I can't wait! I've been re-assessing the figures in my collection lately, which lines to collect moving forward, which lines to keep, where my focus should be....and these are untouchable. I sold off the ones I had when the movies came out and somewhat regretted it. I also regret not being able to go deeper than I did last time around. I just might load up on these...especially if I'm dropping some other lines or at least calling them "done."
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Thanks for all the pics and positive comments. Aragorn is my favorite LOTR character so I can't wait to have him.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:40 pm
Thanks for all the pics and positive comments. Aragorn is my favorite LOTR character so I can't wait to have him.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. He's really great.
Benedict
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:19 pm

Can you get decent poses out of Sauron?
The skirt part looked restrictive on his hips.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:42 pm

I was waffling on this line. I absolutely love the LOTR movie trilogy. I saw the movies in the theater so many times it literally added up to days of my life. But this line wasn't pulling at me, since I have so many Toy Biz LOTR figures just sitting in storage and 7" stuff isn't my main foray.

But...

I'm weak. I'm a weak weak man. So today, between BBTS and Dorkside, I ordered/preordered wave 1, 2, 3, and 4 with some extra Ringwraiths, Moria Orcs, and Uruk-Hai. I have a feeling I'll want more Moria Orcs and Uruk-Hai once I get them in hand. I like to kid myself the line won't go incredibly deep, and I can stop at just the Fellowship, some allies, and a small army of orcs/uruks. Then again, I am weak, oh so weak.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 pm

I ordered a Frodo, as a future present for my roommate who is WAY into LOTR.

Yep, that's my reason.

:)

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”