Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
mario99
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Lord of The Rings (Diamond Select, BST AXN etc.)

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Today Aragorn came home. Soonish should I have photo of him
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Here are some pics of Frodo and the Nazgul:

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/10/diamond-se ... ul-review/
superdoug
CROM!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:04 pm

mario99 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:32 pm
Today Aragorn came home. Soonish should I have photo of him
Can’t wait to see pictures and hear how you think he turned out. Aragorn’s likeness seems to be one of the hardest to get down so I am very curious to see what people impressions are. I have mine preordered from BBTS so it could be a long while before I see Aragorn and the orc myself. I lucked out and grabbed Frodo and the Nazgul from the local comic store the day they came out thanks to the tip in the forum that they were released.
mario99
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:19 pm

Since I am not home and I was excited how Aragorn turned out. I asked my partner to take atleast picture of him in natural pose.
So here are links :

I can say, that me and my partner love the figure and in my opinion one of best figures. Only what I can think its wrong with him is that it doesnt seem it can change holster of his sword.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm

The Viggo likeness is great.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:57 pm

jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:28 pm

Damn, looks nice. Underlying sculpt is definitely there, that shadowed shot of MSWords proves that to me. Factory paint is a bit too blunt in the stubble, but the base is there for a customizer to REALLY make it pop.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Aragorn looks great! That level of articulation & detail is really what I was hoping for from this line. Hopefully BBTS will get Frodo & the Ring Wraith in stock soon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:38 pm

Great review VeeBee! Just got the Ringwraith and Frodo delivered right after reading your review, and these are just gorgeous. The sleeve issue is still a bit of a pain, but damn, these figures are making me giddy for what's to come. Frodo is just plain perfect.

Thanks for posting those Aragorn pics! I can't wait to have him in my collection. I'm really hoping these come in soon.

Oh, and now that I have Sauron standing up (albeit with only one leg and arm), holy shit he's massive! I can't wait for the rest. And the softgoods cape is perfect. I'm hoping for a Witch King with softgoods robes (and a giant Morningstar)!

I have to say, I'm hoping this line goes deep.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Yeah, I have them pre'd at BBTS too. Hopefully they come In Stock soon. I'm so happy the Wraith can hold the big sword straight up and down. I was concerned it couldn't due to the length of the sword handle and the way the cloaks sleeves that hang down under the wrist and the way they were sculpted would hinder that.

But, the review right here on the Fwoosh shows it's all good. Aragorn looks incredible! The likeness, the details, everything. I'm so excited about this line, and can't wait to watch it grow.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:15 am

Super Camel wrote: I'm so happy the Wraith can hold the big sword straight up and down. I was concerned it couldn't due to the length of the sword handle and the way the cloaks sleeves that hang down under the wrist and the way they were sculpted would hinder that.
It's definitely a 'just barely' thing. The one longer sword looks like it can't actually push all the way down to the guard in the hand because the pommel is already hitting the inside of the sleeve. And the fact that they figures have to have their wrists jacked all the way up to make it work is super disappointing. It's definitely better than not being able to be held at all -- definitely! But it's still not nearly as good as it should be and, just in my opinion, is a pretty massive oversight of design.

Aragorn looks really nice. I'm excited about that one, and my son is hounding me that we have to make sure to get him. His face reminds me a lot of the ToyBiz sculpts. I think, as others have intimated, Viggo just has a face that doesn't capture well in toy form. At least at this scale. I hope if we get a Black Gates or King Aragorn, that the overall figure looks that good and retains that level of articulation.
I know he doesn't technically use Anduril in this costume, but I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of him posed with it anyway (assuming I'm not going to find him in the wild any time soon).
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:14 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Super Camel wrote: I'm so happy the Wraith can hold the big sword straight up and down. I was concerned it couldn't due to the length of the sword handle and the way the cloaks sleeves that hang down under the wrist and the way they were sculpted would hinder that.
It's definitely a 'just barely' thing. The one longer sword looks like it can't actually push all the way down to the guard in the hand because the pommel is already hitting the inside of the sleeve. And the fact that they figures have to have their wrists jacked all the way up to make it work is super disappointing. It's definitely better than not being able to be held at all -- definitely! But it's still not nearly as good as it should be and, just in my opinion, is a pretty massive oversight of design.
The Ringwraith has a mid-forearm rotation point that can cause the sleeve to simply rotate out of the way of the pommel. You can see it in my Instagram shot.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:19 am

MSWord wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:14 am
KnightDamien wrote:
The Ringwraith has a mid-forearm rotation point that can cause the sleeve to simply rotate out of the way of the pommel. You can see it in my Instagram shot.
Oh, that's excellent. Thanks for the clarification. Definitely retract my statement on design. In fact it's the opposite - good foresight on figuring out a way to make the weapons -and- the sleeve design work without changing either. Excellent work, whomever does the engineering!

And that's doubly good news, because my son was going to make me buy him a Ringwraith no matter what.

Speaking of.. for those of you that have the Ringwraith.. what kind of material are we looking at with the weapons? Do they feel fairly sturdy, or are they kind of the 'old McFarlane' way of being really detailed at the cost of also being super hard and fragile? Should I expect breakage if my boy wants to play with them?
yodasodabo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:34 am

Aragorn turned out great! Definitely a hard likeness to capture judging from the various offerings over the years. Nice to see he has his dagger too, thought Gollum was coming with it. If Sauron is built before the whole fellowship is released, does that mean the rest will come with extra accessories instead of a BAF piece? Or maybe a slightly cheaper price point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:47 am

So the Ringwraith sleeve turned from an issue into a feature, KD? (Thanks for clarification, Zach.) And this proves once again that it's better to wait for in hand reviews or buying the figure yourself before judging it to be poorly designed.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”