Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:02 am

The big strength of this line for me remains the Swarm and Scarab. Love those figures especially with the wings and shield set. And Bonecollector is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Never seen that size comparison before. Glad I held off.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:12 pm

Same, and glad I cancelled them now (still have a few figures, and pretty much ALL the weapons sets preordered that won't be going anywhere).

With odd scale issues associated with '80s cartoons/toylines, I will rarely care how big or small someone is "supposed to be." I have a downsized 3rd Party Rattrap with my Beast Wars, TINY 3P Insecticons with my regular Decepticons, and repainting Legacy Bulkhead into Brawn, and have Diamond Select comic Sabretooth & MCU Hulk with my Legends.

But I want Sarge BIG. And...that's not. :|
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:20 pm

Just heard valaverse will not cancel any sgt. slaughter orders.
(especially from members of the fwoosh)
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:51 pm

Lol, well BBTS already refunded me, sooooo....
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:20 pm
Just heard valaverse will not cancel any sgt. slaughter orders.
(especially from members of the fwoosh)
Given what I know of the creator, I can't be 100% sure you're not joking.

On a related note, I don't think I've ever heard Robo talk about Action Force in the weekly. Is there beef between the Fwoosh and Valaverse?
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:03 am

fletch137 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:40 am
Threash wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:09 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:49 pm
According to HISSTANK the hat and whistle are removable, but they don't mention the glasses.
Pretty sure they mentioned the glasses in the live stream.
They for sure did. I'm a little skeptical, though, because the other two figures with removable glasses, CI Roadblock and Retro Baroness, do it with holes in the temples. Until I see otherwise, I'm going to assume Sarge is going to have unsightly runners too. But since my mental image of Sgt. Slaughter is always with the glasses on, I won't be too impacted by them.
CI Roadblock and PD Destro are the only ones with intentionally removable glasses. Baronesses were permanently attached on the CI version. I really don’t understand them being packed separately on the retro one because of the unsightly peg holes and pegs. Glasses-less is not a viable display option for Baroness. Destro and Roadblock don’t have that issue with their sunglasses so I don’t expect Slaughter will either.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:28 am

Akatsuki wrote:The big strength of this line for me remains the Swarm and Scarab. Love those figures especially with the wings and shield set. And Bonecollector is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the risk of offending some diehard Valaverse fans - and to be clear, I like the line and don't have any issue with Bobby or his personality - I think some of the more plain military figures are a little dull, especially with how far Hasbro has come with Classified.

I love the Swarm, I like all the weapon packs, and I like the army builder Troopers (I have a 3-man Valaverse SWAT team, and I pre-ordered several of the black/green Steel Brigade). Even Kerak and Bone Collector are fun.

But Rollout, Duster, Desert Rat, Condor, etc... they're not very exciting, and aren't as impressive compared to the more recent Classified efforts.

I wish he'd do more of the slightly sci-fi high tech stuff. I've got the Swarm Troopers (commanded by my new Mezco Krig Murder Hornet) as part of a special unit of my Marvel Legends AIM, and I'll add my Scarabs to that group when I get them. I like mixing lines that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:08 am

Roufuss wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:17 am
Darthgaar wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:15 pm
Got the notice for the only Series 2A figure I have on pre-order, nothing for figures in Series 2B which BBTS lists as also coming in April.
Does anyone know if the Night Ops Steel Brigade BBTS excl. is in series 2A or 2B?
I asked BBTS, I'll let everyone know what I hear back.
2B.

I don’t think Vala has even gotten 2B yet.
Thanks, I got what seems like a generic response back that said we don't know when 2B or the Night Ops Steel Brigade will come in, maybe April but who knows.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:14 am

Gung-ho is ridiculously oversized so I don't feel that's a fair comparison, but I do want a bigger Slaughter than either V1 or V2 Action Force Slaughter.
Still, the Action Force V2 Slaughter is a great figure that can be easily turned into a new character with a ML head swap. I actually want to get another for customs.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:05 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:03 am
Destro and Roadblock don’t have that issue with their sunglasses so I don’t expect Slaughter will either.
Pretty sure Roadblock still had gaps in his do rag for the glasses to plug in, but right call on the Destro. I'd forgotten about him.
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 13, 2022 8:38 pm

Well... a non-update update from BBTS. Series 1 and the Gung-Ho packs are still stuck in California, they have no clue how much longer. LOL...
batdan
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 13, 2022 9:44 pm

The_Kilted_Fett wrote:
Well... a non-update update from BBTS. Series 1 and the Gung-Ho packs are still stuck in California, they have no clue how much longer. LOL...
I am super curious as to how many cancellations BBTS is eating on these? I dialed mine back to just one of each of the nameless troops and the gear packs (I cancelled Swarm, Condor, Kerak, the Gung-Ho pack and extra troops) and probably am not the only one. I know there's not a lot to be done, but the cancellations must be noticeable at this point.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 13, 2022 10:05 pm

batdan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:44 pm
The_Kilted_Fett wrote:
I am super curious as to how many cancellations BBTS is eating on these? I dialed mine back to just one of each of the nameless troops and the gear packs (I cancelled Swarm, Condor, Kerak, the Gung-Ho pack and extra troops) and probably am not the only one. I know there's not a lot to be done, but the cancellations must be noticeable at this point.
They will have no problem selling whatever people cancel since everywhere else is long sold out, and there are people still looking for Wave 1.

Any cancelled preorders go immediately back up on their site and everything is still sold out, so they must be doing pretty good.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 13, 2022 10:27 pm

Not going to lie - I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering a couple of SWARM troopers and the weapon kit. They look great especially all kitted out, so I'm encouraged that there may be a SWARM 2.0 coming up.

I don't love the helmets on the Scarab trooper as much as the Swarm, but that one is still available from the Action Force website so might have to consider getting at least one.

I can't see myself picking up a ton of these, but the "bee/hornet" theme bad guys are appealing and I may have to grab more if they stick with it.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”