Valaverse: Action Force

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am

The only problem with the BBTS theory is that the basic trooper & gear packs are not being reissued. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run the army builders again since theoretically, those would have the highest sell-through rates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: KC Missouri
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:04 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am
The only problem with the BBTS theory is that the basic trooper & gear packs are not being reissued. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run the army builders again since theoretically, those would have the highest sell-through rates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That and the Special Deployment series is supposed to have new packaging to differentiate it from Wave one.

I got my Desert Rat last week, excellent figure with no issues whatsoever. I hope the setup will be reused to create an AOR-1 camo Navy Seal because it's pretty damn close to a Neptune Spear Seal Team Six operator.

And I just ordered two sets of the Delta Trooper and gear packs from Valaverse in addition to my Delta preorder at BBTS, the green shirt setup looks perfect going to need about 5 I think.
User avatar
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: KC Missouri
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 pm

smallvillefan wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:57 pm
can the arms on the Valaverse figures be removed at the shoulder peg and be swapped onto a Classified figure, like Duke?
Valaverse does not recommend trying to remove the arms at the shoulders, but, I do know that a few people have done it successfully to swap between Valaverse figures. It's unknown if they could swap with Classified.
thewyldman
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:57 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am
The only problem with the BBTS theory is that the basic trooper & gear packs are not being reissued. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run the army builders again since theoretically, those would have the highest sell-through rates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
But I'd also note that it's odd that the Gung Ho kit is actually sold out....
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:49 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am
The only problem with the BBTS theory is that the basic trooper & gear packs are not being reissued. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run the army builders again since theoretically, those would have the highest sell-through rates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
But I'd also note that it's odd that the Gung Ho kit is actually sold out....
That's very interesting. I haven't been keeping track of BBTS' inventory levels.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

thewyldman
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:57 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:04 pm

There’s the alternative that they just marked them sold out to prevent new purchases since they have no idea when they are coming in
User avatar
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: KC Missouri
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:49 pm
thewyldman wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am
The only problem with the BBTS theory is that the basic trooper & gear packs are not being reissued. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run the army builders again since theoretically, those would have the highest sell-through rates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
But I'd also note that it's odd that the Gung Ho kit is actually sold out....
That's very interesting. I haven't been keeping track of BBTS' inventory levels.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have.
I've been checking daily since Feb. as part of my start up pages because I wanted to add the Riot Trooper and backpack gear set to my orders.
Everything Valaverse series 1 was the normal sold out, then pop back up when available until April where everything was delisted as "sold out, out of stock". The declassified set was listed as sold out at one point in time then popped back up as always available, until everything was delisted. I have a feeling that BBTS listed everything sold out to deter cancelations and availability emails.
yorick_skirata
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:54 am

thewyldman wrote: Might as well wait considering they announced today they are rereleasing the first wave with fixed joints
I just bought my first Valaverse figure (Scarab - on my BBTS pile of loot) and preordered 3 more (Night Ops Steel Brigade, Female Steel Brigade and Pandora).

I wasn’t aware of problems with the figures. What was the deal with the joints?

Anything I should be worrying about with waves 2 and 3?
The figures from wave 1 that interest me are sold out, so I was already waiting for the release anyway.
.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
User avatar
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Australia
Posts: 4748
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:00 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:17 am

Be careful moving the legs of the Scarab as some of those were prone to breaking at the hips.

The issues with Wave 1 was extremely tight joints and any posing needed to be done with a blast of heat each time before the joints were moved. Wave 2 onward seems to have corrected this issue.

There is also some concerns with the interchangeable vests. They are very hard to change and secure in place.
thewyldman
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:57 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:54 am
thewyldman wrote: Might as well wait considering they announced today they are rereleasing the first wave with fixed joints
I just bought my first Valaverse figure (Scarab - on my BBTS pile of loot) and preordered 3 more (Night Ops Steel Brigade, Female Steel Brigade and Pandora).

I wasn’t aware of problems with the figures. What was the deal with the joints?

Anything I should be worrying about with waves 2 and 3?
The figures from wave 1 that interest me are sold out, so I was already waiting for the release anyway.
.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Bobby used the same plastic for the joints as he used for the rest of the figure causing them to fuse and lead to breaking without constant heating. Also yeah the vest aren't interchangeable on wave 1 unless you like boiling the vest and using tools to stretch plastic because the pegs are malformed. Also Wave 1 used a very brittle plastic for the guns that causes them to break easily when they are forced the wrong way.
User avatar
PatientMental
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 pm

Anybody at Joefest catch the encounter or have it on video when Bobby, Tony & another guy stalked & tried to corner & fight a guy with a derogatory shirt about Valaverse?
yorick_skirata
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 pm

thewyldman wrote: Bobby used the same plastic for the joints as he used for the rest of the figure causing them to fuse and lead to breaking without constant heating. Also yeah the vest aren't interchangeable on wave 1 unless you like boiling the vest and using tools to stretch plastic because the pegs are malformed. Also Wave 1 used a very brittle plastic for the guns that causes them to break easily when they are forced the wrong way.
TheFallen wrote:Be careful moving the legs of the Scarab as some of those were prone to breaking at the hips.

The issues with Wave 1 was extremely tight joints and any posing needed to be done with a blast of heat each time before the joints were moved. Wave 2 onward seems to have corrected this issue.

There is also some concerns with the interchangeable vests. They are very hard to change and secure in place.
Thanks for the info. I’ll be careful.

I don’t usually do extreme poses, mostly museum poses, and I like to heat a bit anything that shows any resistance.
User avatar
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: KC Missouri
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:17 am
Be careful moving the legs of the Scarab as some of those were prone to breaking at the hips.

The issues with Wave 1 was extremely tight joints and any posing needed to be done with a blast of heat each time before the joints were moved. Wave 2 onward seems to have corrected this issue.

There is also some concerns with the interchangeable vests. They are very hard to change and secure in place.
Only a small number of the Scarab Troopers had the wrong plastic in the hips which was caught early in production and changed. The only Scarab Troopers with this issue came direct from Valaverse and received replacement parts. All the other Scarab Troopers including the ones sold by BBTS & Dorkside don't have this problem.

The series 1 figures did have tight joints right out of the box but, after the initial heating I haven't needed to heat them again to move the joints. You however still need to heat the wrists to interchange the hands.

The vests on series 1 are a pain to put back on. No, you don't need to boil them, Don't ever place soft plastic in boiling water for too long otherwise you will permanently damage the plastic by over curing it to the point of extreme hardness and cracking. You just need a little heat to soften the vests.
I haven't experienced any issues with the vests on series 2 though. I don't need heat at all to loosen the joints, interchange hands, or switch the vests.
yorick_skirata
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:49 pm

Darthgaar wrote: Only a small number of the Scarab Troopers had the wrong plastic in the hips which was caught early in production and changed. The only Scarab Troopers with this issue came direct from Valaverse and received replacement parts. All the other Scarab Troopers including the ones sold by BBTS & Dorkside don't have this problem.

The series 1 figures did have tight joints right out of the box but, after the initial heating I haven't needed to heat them again to move the joints. You however still need to heat the wrists to interchange the hands.

The vests on series 1 are a pain to put back on. No, you don't need to boil them, Don't ever place soft plastic in boiling water for too long otherwise you will permanently damage the plastic by over curing it to the point of extreme hardness and cracking. You just need a little heat to soften the vests.
I haven't experienced any issues with the vests on series 2 though. I don't need heat at all to loosen the joints, interchange hands, or switch the vests.
Thanks. That really put me at ease for this new collection.

Any new line I start collecting gives me some initial anxiety.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 9766
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: Valaverse: Action Force

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 am

I got a Scarab from Dorkside and it snapped at the hip joint.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”