Aniplex BUZZMod Demon Slayer & Fullmetal Alchemist 1/12 scale figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Grak
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Aniplex BUZZMod Demon Slayer & Fullmetal Alchemist 1/12 scale figures

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:19 pm

Aniplex is releasing a Shinobu figure in May.

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 pm

Looks great glad to see how far they are getting with these
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:17 pm

I keep telling myself I'm only getting the main 4, but Tomioka and now Shinobu...ugh. I'm going to have to give up something else.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:23 am

Glad to see plenty of Demon Slayer, but what happened to Fullmetal? Is it Ed and nothing else?

I ended up preferring the Figma Tanjirou over the Buzzmod as I expected. The faces are just so much better. Buzzmod is still a great figure and has a spot in my collection, but Figma will be what I use for photographs.
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Glad to see plenty of Demon Slayer, but what happened to Fullmetal? Is it Ed and nothing else?

I ended up preferring the Figma Tanjirou over the Buzzmod as I expected. The faces are just so much better. Buzzmod is still a great figure and has a spot in my collection, but Figma will be what I use for photographs.
I bet part of it is the amount of re-use they can get out of the Demon Slayer stuff, so they're being prioritized.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:59 pm

PlastikAddict wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:

I bet part of it is the amount of re-use they can get out of the Demon Slayer stuff, so they're being prioritized.
Yeah, and Demon Slayer is a huge, hot property right now. But they've got 6 figures either released or announced, meanwhile Ed sits lonely in my display.

C'mon, not even an Alphonse?
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:59 pm
PlastikAddict wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:

Yeah, and Demon Slayer is a huge, hot property right now. But they've got 6 figures either released or announced, meanwhile Ed sits lonely in my display.

C'mon, not even an Alphonse?
I would buy Alphonse in a freaking heartbeat.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Akaza is up on BBTS. Looks just as good as the other, but a bit lighter on accessories.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:35 am

BUZZMOD. SOUND HASHIRA TENGEN UZUI

So where would be the best place to order this figure? And do you think it will scale well with the other characters (as he is so tall comparatively)?
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:27 am

Doesn’t seem flashy enough, but I’ll definitely get him. Hope they eventually make a Muzan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:16 am

Got inosuke the other day and have the issue where the boar head like to fall off but it isn’t as big of a issue it’s only when you move his head all the way down. But I still really enjoy the figure just something to be aware of
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:25 am

It looks like Figma will be making two more Demon Slayer figures. They are good alternatives to the Buzzmod figures, and will likely be less expensive, especially now that pre-orders have sold out for the Buzzmod figures in lots of places. It's interesting how the two companies seem to be making the same characters (Buzzmod announced one more than Figma with the Flashy Hashira).

And sorry to post this here. We don't seem to have a general Demon Slayer thread.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Looks cool, but I'm sticking with Buzzmod. I could see those as great options for those that don't like soft goods.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:56 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm
Looks cool, but I'm sticking with Buzzmod. I could see those as great options for those that don't like soft goods.
I've been debating it myself. I think Buzzmod may go deeper, though Figma so far is hot on their heels. But Buzzmod is re-using parts making some of the characters the same size.

Below is a screenshot from Animated Heroes Youtube review for the Buzzmod Rengoku, next to other Buzzmod figures. Rengoku is using much of the same body as the kids making him the same size. He should be noticeably taller. And the other Hashira are very different sizes too, re-use on them would be unacceptable. I'm not sure what Buzzmod plans to do, and if they are going to invest in more accurate body sizes.

The Figma Rangoku is not out yet, so we have nothing to compare yet. But according to listings, Tanjiro is 5.27 inches tall, and Rangoku is 6.05 inches tall. Making Rangoku about 3/4 of an inch taller. I imagine that's about a head taller, and more accurate. We'll have to wait and see.

Both lines are expensive unfortunately. You want the best for your dollar.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:59 am

Oddly, Rangoku is the only one I didn't pick up. Reuse doesn't kill me, but I didn't realize he was so short. Still may pick him up, but height will certainly become more of an issue with the larger Hashira.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”