XesRay Studios (Combatants: Fight for Glory)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: XesRay Studios (Combatants: Fight for Glory)

Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:39 pm

I second the scale question. I thought these were authentic 1/12-scale. But they look sort of large in the video, and someone above mentioned 7". The answer will determine if I jump on the bandwagon!
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:32 am

5ktoys had an Instagram update for a few items. They have Combatants arriving in the US in two months via boat. For comparison, their two other updates for a 1/12 Resident Evil figure and Ninjas were two weeks airshipped. I feel so deflated.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:55 pm

TheRealSmallville wrote:
BigZ wrote:i have these in hand, and can easily say all three are some of the best, if not the best, female action figures that you could own. from the articulation, to the physique/mold, they are fantastic. Xesray has definitely improved as a manufacturer and upped their game
That's great to hear! How tall are they? How do they scale with ML/McFarlane stuff?

I've never owned an Xesray product before, but I'm very excited for these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd also really like to know. Could you snap a couple pics with some other figure lines for comparison?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Evil Monkey Pope
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:14 pm

BigZ wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:01 am
i have these in hand, and can easily say all three are some of the best, if not the best, female action figures that you could own. from the articulation, to the physique/mold, they are fantastic. Xesray has definitely improved as a manufacturer and upped their game
What does Vlattia look like with the alternate bare arms? Can you post some images of her like that?
TheRealSmallville
CROM!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:50 am

BigZ wrote:i have these in hand, and can easily say all three are some of the best, if not the best, female action figures that you could own. from the articulation, to the physique/mold, they are fantastic. Xesray has definitely improved as a manufacturer and upped their game
How tall are these?

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:18 am

My three landed in the US from AliExpress. I hope there's three in the box because the seller uploaded tracking for only two figures. Maybe he figured there was no point in uploading the same tracking number three times or he just missed adding the last number.
snakeyjones
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm

Got my Berenice in, pretty impressed with her.
Only issue is that the armor parts are very snug, great for the overall look but on my copy led to paint transfer. Oh and one foot was a real PITA to swap out. Right out of the box though she's a really great figure.

Some news on future waves from Xesray's Weibo; going back to the Romans with Lorica Hamata and Segmentata.

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Can anyone who has them snap a few pics? We're all curious about the scale.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 pm

snakeyjones wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm
Got my Berenice in, pretty impressed with her.
Only issue is that the armor parts are very snug, great for the overall look but on my copy led to paint transfer. Oh and one foot was a real PITA to swap out. Right out of the box though she's a really great figure.
I was worried about the helmets after seeing a youtube review. They looked like they took some effort to put. I've got one more day to wait. They arrived at my PO this morning, but too late for today's mail.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:01 pm

Ugh, this 5k wait is going to be maddening.
snakeyjones
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:10 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 pm
I was worried about the helmets after seeing a youtube review. They looked like they took some effort to put. I've got one more day to wait. They arrived at my PO this morning, but too late for today's mail.
I cant speak for the othet two but on Berenice I dont think the helmet is an issue. Its snug but made from a soft plastic.
The paint transfer on mine is is only on one ankle and one bicep (from the armlet), not noticeable when the armor is on.
TheRealSmallville
CROM!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:33 am

mrboshek wrote:My three landed in the US from AliExpress. I hope there's three in the box because the seller uploaded tracking for only two figures. Maybe he figured there was no point in uploading the same tracking number three times or he just missed adding the last number.
My 3 just cleared customs and are currently moving through Sparks Nevada. Very excited to get my hands on them since nobody wants to post pics for their scale ImageImageImage I should get mine by Monday/Tuesday, so if nobody has put up pics by the time I have them then I'll post some.

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:11 am

Still waiting on size pics, but this looks promising.
size.jpg
size.jpg (197.12 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:22 am

I pre-ordered the trio. They just look too cool to pass on.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:20 am

Are they actually putting the swords on the correct side now? That's actually really cool. I'm not as into Roman stuff as a lot of people are, so I haven't been hugely tempted by these (waiting for those Celts that were teased and never materialized), but I'm a sucker for mail, so I might get the lorica hamata soldier.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”