Jazwares AEW Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Jazwares AEW Figures

Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Kassle wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:06 am
Minor nitpick but kinda annoyed. They know how to do long hair - why not sculpt Anna Jay's more accurately? Very long hair is part of the look she rocks.
Too much of the budget went into sculpting an accurate booty to give Anna Jay accurate hair too.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:48 pm

I do laugh every time I see how *accurate* they’ve made Anna Jay and Tay Conti

Hey. Let em live.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Owen Hart is All Elite. I know WWE is going to be a hole of the ass about any Owen merch based on his time in the Fed but I can't wait to see what Jazwares does with Owen figures.

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/ ... -owen-hart
Sidetrip
HULK SMASH!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Wow. Owen has been a huge want. This is incredible.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Came here to post that as well. Absolutely insane Time to be a wrestling fan.

I’ve always wondered how much WWE Could copyright specific attires. Like obviously they can’t put anything on there about the hart foundation, but barring that, do they just flat out on his singlet designs? Same with Taz. Like they own the ECW archives, but does that mean they can’t make figures of him in those designs?
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 pm

I'm not sure it's so much that WWE has the attire copyrighted so much as they just claim they own it. I don't think anyone's really tested them on it though. An outfit for some gimmick they own is one thing but a singlet a guy wrestling under his real name hired an outside gear maker to design and sew is another. Even if Jazwares can only deliver Owen in solid pink or black singlets, I'm sure I'll be able to buy some decals to finish the job. It would just really suck if I had to.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:19 pm

An Owen figure would bring me back in to wrestling figures. That's a piece of history you HAVE to own if you're a wrestling fan. I will fight anyone that claims otherwise.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:05 am

Definitely gotta have some Owen figures. This is so cool. Owen is one of my all time favorites. His brother Bret Hart being my All Time favorite. Their feuds and team ups/alliances were amongst my favorite things in professional wrestling. To get figures of him again, and to have him showing up in the AEW video games is fantastic.

It makes me wish Bret would sign with AEW as well. Maybe whenever his Legends deal with WWE is up. Maybe he can sign anyways. I know he was on AEW to introduce the AEW Championship Belt when it all started.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:24 am

Some of the Amazon two packs (Darby/Moxley, SCU) finally have photos but aren’t available yet. I have links if anyone needs them. There’s also a placeholder Britt Baker link but it’s not sold by Amazon as of yet.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Okay AEW I'm finding at all Walmart stores in my area, Target and GameStop.
It's been awhile since I've seen this much of one action figure line in stores.
I found Luchasaurus, Adam Page, Scorpio Sky, Frankie Kazarian at a Walmart. Miro, Jake Hager, Kenny Omega, Dustin Rhodes at Target and Chris Jericho, MJF and Rey Fenix at a Game Stop.I already had Moxley, Santana, Sammy G, Shida and Riho.
I couldn't purchase Britt Baker even though I wanted to.
The body was shorter than Shida, tiny head, bad sculpt and big old feet.
She definitely should get a redo sooner than later.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:42 am

Also seen a lot of AEW figures at Target. Picked up Cody Rhodes from series 4 (my first wrestling figure aside from Ultimate Randy Savage in a long while). Like it a lot, but it seemed tall compared to my Ultimate Randy Savage. Also a little thin. Also bought an unmatched Kenny Omega since it looked cool. Dont know that I like it as much. Seems like there’s less detail on this as compared to Cody, although the airbrush style pants are pretty neat.

Still, I think these figures are better than the WWE figures Ive bought, but then again Ive been out of the game for a couple years.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics