My Hero Academia McFarlane and more

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: My Hero Academia McFarlane and more

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:59 am

Yeah I really hoping they would do more figma but after the second wave was released we have heard nothing I’m kinda shocked we never got Iida
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:18 pm

I hope Mac starts expanding to other teachers and students that are not the typical Alist. My kids are into this line so more diversity is always welcome.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Here's my current MHA display (while I'm busy packing everything else up to move lol):

Still so many Todorokis I wanna get haha (have the AYR preordered, Bandai Spirits Ichibansho Go and Go! & Banpresto World Collectable Figure in my PoL). Trying to get a few more McFarlane adults, (but AYR Endeavor is coming!!!), just waiting on funds to become available to do so. Really hoping Figma Uravity comes back in stock at BBTS after preorders hit people's PoLs, or even better, price drops on Amazon like my Deku/Kacchan. Have AYR Kacchan in my PoL, and got an e-mail that Deku is dropping soon. Just need Figma and/or (let's be honest, and lol) Amazing Yamaguchi to do more kids!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Yeah with how well the AY figures were selling wouldn’t surprise me if we get more announced soon
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:27 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm
Yeah with how well the AY figures were selling wouldn’t surprise me if we get more announced soon
I really hope they do a reissue or v2 of All Might.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm

I definitely want the one I missed, so hopefully a reissue. Plus, I'm not a fan of his silver age costume.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:16 pm

I feel bad being the one bumping this the most. :|

I'm really loving how well the McFarlane adults size with the import kids (though All Might is too small - the Amazing Yamaguchi is bigger, right? I vaguely remember Robo comparing the two).

(Deku & Kacchan Yamaguchi accessories are still in their boxes - I was impatient to open them up at work, where I swapped pieces on them, but haven't had time to pull everything else out at home yet)

I need more kids, though, definitely. Come on, Figma & Revoltech!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:23 pm

AY I think is taller I don’t have mine on me at the moment but I’m almost positive he is
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:16 pm
I'm really loving how well the McFarlane adults size with the import kids (though All Might is too small - the Amazing Yamaguchi is bigger, right? I vaguely remember Robo comparing the two).
TheCollector1999 wrote: AY I think is taller I don’t have mine on me at the moment but I’m almost positive he is
yeah the AY is taller but like a inch or so, i will agree the AY has better proportions than McF (note mcf all might has a mod head).

with figma

again i'm going to be a broken record and still say i hate that the mcf line is the same scale, they should be different, the adults at 6" to 7" and the kids at 5.5" to 6". they look so odd together, good thing they did the 5" line to help with scale but wished they had more poa.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah, he used a Bandai PVC statue for it, I think.

And yeah, I snagged the 5" All Might just for my desk at work, and he just has a cut neck, hinge & swivel shoulders, and ball joint hips. McFarlane's own same price, same size (PLEASE don't f*** up the adults or older characters like Korra, Todd) Avatar figures at least have elbows, knees, waists, and ball joint necks. Maybe the MHA license is too different from ATLA/TLOK (I mean, I guarantee it's different, but I mean like drastically to either minimize profits or straight up prohibit the extra PoA).

Then I look at the same price, same size Bandai America SSGSS Gogeta (another anime, granted not the same one, nor even the same rights holders), who has insane articulation, and I just have to shake my head.

Like I keep broken-record-ing, if Max Factory & Kaiyodo keep going & don't release more than two at a time (even that's financially rough), I'd prefer that anyway, with all the extra hands, faces, power effects.

Thank god Bandai doesn't have a monopoly on the license, or we'd never see ANYone beyond the "main three." (YOU LEFT LUPIN OFF BY ONE CHARACTER, BANDAI. ONE. CHARACTER.) :rolleyes:
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:10 am

The thing with figma is that they don’t get very far either just the main major characters in most cases so I doubt we will get much more if any from them out best option are amazing yamaguchi and mcfarlane at the moment
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:56 am

Went to target after work and found wave 2 of the 5” figures. Picked up iida and shoto, overall cool figures, pretty much the same as wave 1. Still fun to have in the collection.

On another note, since I figure we’re never going to get these in the states; I got the anime heroes all might off eBay. It was a bit pricey, got it for $40 bucks, got in the mail a few weeks ago and this figure is really cool. I will say it has it’s limitations, some areas like the head and waist are useless but the size is awesome, very nice figure.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 am

With the newest 5 inch figures being found hopefully that means the two 7 inch figures aren’t far behind
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Snagged some of those blind bags at Target on Saturday with the toy coupon (not just them, a whole bunch other stuff). Hate blind bags with the cardboard sleeves, because I can usually feel out what's inside when it's just the bag, lol. But managed Deku, Uraraka, and my boy Icy-Hot!

Stopped by another Target last night, grabbed two more, Iida was pre-opened by someone else, so I grabbed him knowing I needed him, and then tried to feel for the biggest packaging, and miraculously ended up with All Might!

Not too hopeful about completing the set with Kacchan, though, lol. That's gonna be rough, and I can't afford duplicates, because no one ever buys them from me, even priced at a loss (I'm still sitting on duplicate Rick & Morty blind boxes from wave 1). :|
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Dangit. Got my first duplicate. Was hoping for Bakugo to finish the line, but ended up with another All Might. Whatever, he's on my work desk with 5" McF All Might & the Bandai Deku model kit.

Found another of those $30 PVC statues at Target (aside from the TERRIBLE Midoriya which I see groups of everywhere, I've only found one Todoroki at one store, and one All Might at another out of state, and they don't appear in the Target app when scanning the barcode). I love the size & proportions. Just wish he had articulation, lol.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”