McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
causelessdemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm

This guy is nearly done. He's going to get some more magnets to attach the skulls and chains and eventually I'll solve the cape conundrum. Thought you guys might appreciate it. He's more articulated and larger in scale than my MK11 Spawn and the Kickstarter Spawn, so he's much more ideal to fit with my ML and other properties. I seriously can't wait to get the cape made and pose him with some of my other "dark" figures like Goliath and my 1000toys Hellboy.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Venom's body looks like it was made for a spawn custom
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:08 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:Venom's body looks like it was made for a spawn custom
In the Blood Feud mini series I seem to remember them basically giving Spawn’s cape/costume a carbon copy backstory of being an alien symbiote.

Hopefully we get a reptilian Jean Sans Coeur from that at some point as I want modern McFarlane engineering applied to giving us a character with a long articulated serpent tale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 pm

I got a McDC Joker Nightwing, and extra MK Cool Ranch Spawn for about $10 each. My goal is to smash the parts together to make a taller 7" Spawn in something akin to the first appearance/season 1 HBO costume. I'm eyeing a big a$$ articulated cloth cape on eBay.
My goal is to work on it over the holiday break while I don't have school.
Looking also to make a sweet cross/church spire base for him to perch atop.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Draconis
Customized

Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:53 am

With the supply chain issues not much has hit Canada yet, so I made a Viking She-Spawn. Can't wait to have her face Violator.
Spoiler! :
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:59 am

Now that's sick af, as the kids say.

Whereabouts are you? I've seen everyone out in the wild that should be out.
Draconis
Customized

Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:52 am

Off Topic
Thanks I am very happy with her.

I am in rural Alberta no stores near me have anything and online retailer like Big Bad and toysonfire have not got in their stock. I have Violator and Gunslinger pre-ordered just have to wait.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 am

I see, I see. I'm waiting on my bloody Violator, but you'll love Gunslinger!
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:56 pm

My regular Violator arrived and I got to look at him for about 3 seconds before he went to "the north pole" (the closet) so "santa" (my wife) could wrap him. I'll see you in a month.
Now I have to decide if the Bloody Violator is worth the money, or will become store credit.
I'm not a completist, but I have most of the HTF figures. Really would just need to get regular Redeemer, and pre orders of SpulCatcher and gatling Gunslinger. I think I'm gonna cave and get She-Spawn even though I'm not thrilled with the price.

jokerjester
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:38 am

TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:51 pm

I just found Gunslinger on the Target app! I was starting to think I'd never find this guy lol
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:17 pm

TheRealSmallville wrote:I just found Gunslinger on the Target app! I was starting to think I'd never find this guy lol
Nice! He's a great figure, one of my favorites.
I drove an hour to get one for in-store pick-up. And of course have seen him about four separate times in person now at various local stores.
But still enjoy him. I'm going to skip on the gatling gun version, but may double dip on the horse deluxe version.

I'm still a cherry picker with this Spawn line, though I have about half to seventy-five percent. But I've also started sneaking some MK and Warhammer figures into the display. I found the platinum flayed necron and it's the first figure ny wife has really objected to. Hellspawn? No problem. Creepy Clown demon? Go for it. Giant ass demon monster? Cool, whatever. Creeper skeletal robot with bits of flesh tacked to it? Over the line, hide that in a back corner.

TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:30 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:I just found Gunslinger on the Target app! I was starting to think I'd never find this guy lol
Nice! He's a great figure, one of my favorites.
I drove an hour to get one for in-store pick-up. And of course have seen him about four separate times in person now at various local stores.
But still enjoy him. I'm going to skip on the gatling gun version, but may double dip on the horse deluxe version.

I'm still a cherry picker with this Spawn line, though I have about half to seventy-five percent. But I've also started sneaking some MK and Warhammer figures into the display. I found the platinum flayed necron and it's the first figure ny wife has really objected to. Hellspawn? No problem. Creepy Clown demon? Go for it. Giant ass demon monster? Cool, whatever. Creeper skeletal robot with bits of flesh tacked to it? Over the line, hide that in a back corner.

I told myself originally that I collect too many lines, so I was only going to get the MK Spawn with the sword because I needed a Batman/Spawn display.

And then I needed a Spawn villain, so I grabbed Violator. Boom, done!

But then I saw Redeemer in-store...and Raven Spawn...but that was it, dammit!

But then they put up She-Spawn & Cy-gor...and I thought "ok, I need a She-Spawn & a cool mecha-gorilla, so I'm done!"

But then today I saw Gunslinger on the app Image I think it's safe to say I'm officially collecting this line lol

I don't have an addiction, you do!

Luckily, my wife hasn't told me no to anything yet Image Every time I bring something up, she asks "are the bills paid? Can we eat? If both are yes, then go for it" Image I lucked out with this one.
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:35 am

Looks like She-Spawn and Cygor are both in-stock on Walmart's website. No movement on my preorders yet, though.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:47 am

I was getting increasingly annoyed by the wings on Redeemer, the set pose of them makes them look weird when articulated, so I tried swapping out the wings from Batman who Laughs. It’s better but the sockets didn’t batch so I dug out the plastic rims in his back and will make new ones from some Sugru or similar to make the wings sit stably.

I still can’t fathom why McFarlane went with these Redeemer wings when they’d already sculpted better ones…meh.

Found Gunslinger finally, he’s fantastic but the ball joints in his wrists were too puny so I swapped them out for the ankle joints from a Fortnite figure I picked up as cheap fodder and now he’s much better. A slightly thicker stiffer rifle might have been better but it’s fine. I’m thinking of fishing out a spare Spawn head from an older figure to give him a non-hat look too.

Great line, so glad this got resurrected.

Really looking forward to Cy-Gor, and eventually more of the expanded Spawn pantheon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”