mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:31 pm

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:24 pm
Boy I really screwed up not pre-ordering Conan. That looks incredibly impressive. Shame it appears all pre-orders I can find have long since sold out.
You don't need TWO kidneys. You can still find a way. :lol:
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:28 am

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
dcucfan wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:19 pm
I don’t need Conan. I don’t need Conan. I don’t need Conan.

Everyone get that shipping update from Mez? Looks like the only things we can expect this year after Conan are the solicited Rumble releases, as well as some surprise (likely also Rumble) drops. Does Mez have a designated factory just for their IP’s? It just seems so strange to have so many figures pushing years of development when unknown figures are ready to go out days after they pop up.
From what I understand, since Rumble Society is a proprietary line, they can move much faster with those releases compared to licensed releases. The licensed releases go back and forth, over and over before final approval.

Mez can churn out Rumble Society until he's blue in the face. Other figures, not so much.
It's actually simple economics for support and demand. Mez dreams up a character. They promote it and commit to make 1,000 pieces. They sell out in 25 seconds. He then sets up a pre order for 5 days takes as many orders as possible and the next round sells out. It's actually a very smart business model. Kind of like the Dixxon flannel company. He limits supply to increase demand.

You're correct though, the licensing departments for major companies have a lot of say in the final product design and it can delay the process a lot.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 am

Not to throw fuel on the Conan scarcity fire, but one of my go-to stores for Mezco let me know their order is showing backordered. They don’t seem confident they will get what they ordered.

Shocked we aren’t seeing any on sale on eBay yet from west coast sellers.
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:07 pm

Wow, Conan turned out great! I would love to see Mezco do a Conan vs Thak set next.

Also imagine John Carter figures based on Frazetta's art :D e.g.
Bill DeGeest
HULK SMASH!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 pm

*whispers* it's so beautiful...

My only disappointment is the size. It seems to be true 1/12 so it is smaller than I'd like for display with Mythic Legions or Marvel Legends but the sculpt and paint is damn nice so I can't complain too much.
Like everything else I've gotten recently (Combatants Fight For Glory, Jada Universal Monsters) I really need to make a diorama or three, especially for photos.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Not to throw fuel on the Conan scarcity fire, but one of my go-to stores for Mezco let me know their order is showing backordered. They don’t seem confident they will get what they ordered.

My local toy store does a facebook video every Friday with the new stuff they get in stock and the guy who does the video was stating that he is boycotting Mezco, but they have shorted the store claiming they are allocating stock. So Conan winding up being an absolute shitshow certainly sounds possible.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Artificial scarcity on a regular release would be a pretty shitty idea. I can imagine with the complete new sculpt they won’t get as much profit off Conan anyway.
Blackestday
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

My local toy store does a facebook video every Friday with the new stuff they get in stock and the guy who does the video was stating that he is boycotting Mezco, but they have shorted the store claiming they are allocating stock. So Conan winding up being an absolute shitshow certainly sounds possible.
does he buy direct from mezco or through a distributor like diamond?

in the past mezco has only reduced orders if there were cases damaged in transit to them. i think the last time it happened was thanos and that reduced orders by one case of 4 per order.

if he ordered through diamond they allocate crap like it is part of their business model.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Conan has to be the best One12 figure I've purchased. Just incredible.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Blackestday wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 pm
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

does he buy direct from mezco or through a distributor like diamond?

in the past mezco has only reduced orders if there were cases damaged in transit to them. i think the last time it happened was thanos and that reduced orders by one case of 4 per order.

if he ordered through diamond they allocate crap like it is part of their business model.
This I do not know. He did mention he was mad at Mezco, and didn't mention Diamond, but I couldn't say either way.
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Still waiting patiently for Diamond to send me Conan but talking about the sculpt and no reuse just makes me hope we see at least an MDX with some Cary Nord inspired elements maybe? Or hell, even just some generic armor with a head closer to the statue they put out would be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:44 pm

la6689 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:39 pm
Still waiting patiently for Diamond to send me Conan but talking about the sculpt and no reuse just makes me hope we see at least an MDX with some Cary Nord inspired elements maybe? Or hell, even just some generic armor with a head closer to the statue they put out would be fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cary Nord flair is a great idea, I loved the Dark Horse series it was a real good adaptation of the books. Haven't Mezco already reused the body for their Death Dealer figure?
I would really love to see a Conan villain next, knowing Mezco I wouldn't be surprised to see a future 2 pack, like what they did with Popeye and Bluto.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:03 pm

I sure hope they do a 2 pack but my preference is with a Janissa.
Not against a Rogues in the House 2 pack as well.

Hoping the ER Red Sonja scales well with this too. All these sword and sorcery characters are going to look so good altogether.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:47 pm

This figure is wonderful. Honestly, it's "Figure of the Year." Could not be happier with it. Photos to come.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:22 am

Got my Conan! He's great, but I got two left "gripping" hands and no right one. What's the best way to ask Mezco to send a replacement hand?

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”