General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:25 am

Usually when the manufacturer raises price, the retail partner does as well. Sometimes the manufacturer has a lot of sway, like Hasbro, and prices don’t go up, but that’s rare. If NECA is raising the price on its Ultimates, then expect to pay more.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:41 am

Misfit wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:25 am
Usually when the manufacturer raises price, the retail partner does as well. Sometimes the manufacturer has a lot of sway, like Hasbro, and prices don’t go up, but that’s rare. If NECA is raising the price on its Ultimates, then expect to pay more.
Re-reading my post, I worded it pretty badly. I was assuming the price for us would go up, I was just curious if the various price increases we'd experienced the last few months had also been accompanied by a price increase for the retailers since we didn't really see these sorts of messages those other times. Not that we would, necessarily, but now we've suddenly been shown two between this and the one about the Gargoyles pre-order cutoff.
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:59 am

I already paid a little over $40 all in all for some NECA Ultimates due to buying them from NECA directly via their Amazon store, so the price uptick only hurts a little bit. I wonder if the change in shipping location means the shipping prices will be lowered. Doubt it, but if so, this might not mean much.

Still, sheesh. It feels like the prices for their Ultimates have been on a steady rise since last November. Definitely gonna have to be more picky and choosy with what I get in the future.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:13 am

I think price increases are something we’re going to have to deal with a lot in 2021. Factory rates have gone up post COVID and the shipping situation is still a mess. Some lines might stay flat, usually the best performing. Hasbro has been able to negotiate with retailers to keep Legends at the same rate even though retailers are paying more for product than they were a year ago. NECA’s not Hasbro, but it has some pull with factories to hopefully keep their increases to a minimum. We may see the more niche products hurt the most, while something like TMNT remains relatively unscathed if NECA thinks the price point is too important to mess with. The part that sucks is some of these increases should be temporary, but retailers rarely go back to a lower price if the item continues to sell at the new, higher, price.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:I already paid a little over $40 all in all for some NECA Ultimates due to buying them from NECA directly via their Amazon store, so the price uptick only hurts a little bit. I wonder if the change in shipping location means the shipping prices will be lowered. Doubt it, but if so, this might not mean much.

Still, sheesh. It feels like the prices for their Ultimates have been on a steady rise since last November. Definitely gonna have to be more picky and choosy with what I get in the future.
I buy from Neca's ebay store as well but lately it seems like they aren't putting things on there reliably. I had to get Greta elsewhere and the retro Victor Crowley looks like he is going to be the same. Not interested in the 18" Turtles but Raph hasn't been put on there either. Very disturbing trend for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Peter Hoffman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Wholesale prices for NECA Ultimates have definitely gone up, at least from the Canadian distributor.
GuruAskew
CROM!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:43 am

AAWIL Nightmare Demon figure(s) coming. Hopefully it’s a single figure you can buy x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:54 am

They look fantastic!!! However they’re sold (singles, two packs, four pack) I’ll take ‘em!

Just need Jack with swappable levels of rot now!
GuruAskew
CROM!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:56 am

They could probably even pull off a gore-free David & Jack 2-pack, the image of them backpacking is iconic enough, and they could throw some Slaughtered Lamb stuff in as accessories.

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:05 am

Dr Baghead wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:54 am
They look fantastic!!! However they’re sold (singles, two packs, four pack) I’ll take ‘em!

Just need Jack with swappable levels of rot now!
Yeah- as soon as I saw these (meaning the wolf wasn't a standalone), Jack with swappable heads was my first thought, too!
Blimey, I can't wait for that one. Used to draw him all the time when I was way, way, way too young to see this film (was pretty unsupervised for a chunk of time when a family tragedy was going on) and was obsessed! Amazing.
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:08 am

GuruAskew wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:56 am
They could probably even pull off a gore-free David & Jack 2-pack, the image of them backpacking is iconic enough, and they could throw some Slaughtered Lamb stuff in as accessories.

I hope they do. Seems a bit possible, doesn't it? Feels like one of the properties they might try and get a few characters from.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:42 am

That's surprising. They SOTA ones all went clearance back in the day.

I guess a good articulated ww2 soldier body is a plus.
GuruAskew
CROM!

General NECA Talk

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:48 am

The market was pretty different back in the day, plus making them before the Kessler Wolf was absolutely baffling back then. I don’t think I ever even saw a single SOTA product in my local Spencer’s back in the day.

I actually had one of the SOTA ones because I wanted Darkman and Toxie and whoever I ordered them from only came in a set. I never even opened it. I would have had to order multiple Darkman and Toxie figures to army build it, plus I believe one of the heads was locked behind a Tower exclusive or something. I remember there was some kind of bullshit with it.

I don’t know why, SOTA showed plenty of AAWIL prototypes, but I was correct in feeling like they wouldn’t produce the main stuff from the license. That isn’t a problem with the NECA figures. These won’t be doomed to an incomplete collection. If it is a single figure with 4 heads then the army builder aspect should offset the relative obscurity of the characters.

Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:00 am

Its surprising when you see the character selection that gets the ultimate treatment these days vs their Mego style. Snake Plisskin, Herbert West, The Nun, They Live, etc..
But yeah, I guess that body reuse goes along way. Happy for those that want them.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:14 am

Holy smokes... These nightmare demons are 100% purchases by me, all four. Just completely awesome sculpts.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”