General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm

I now wish I had some 4" Fortnite Peely figures for that new Kong to chase. Hope new Kong starts showing up in stores near me soon.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Package shots of part 7 Jason on Twitter. Very much looking forward to having it in hand.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 pm

Kessler Wolf goes up for pre-order tonight!Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri May 14, 2021 10:27 pm

Oh damn! Feels like I need two of this one. Do I need two of this one?
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 11:26 pm

It's starting to pop up.

https://amoktime.com/neca-an-american-w ... -werewolf/

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 12:56 am

PSPS13 wrote:Oh damn! Feels like I need two of this one. Do I need two of this one?
You definitely need two of this one. The REAL question is, do you need three of this one? I feel like I've been waiting a good werewolf figure my whole life!

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 3:01 am

Dorkside's got it up now too. For those wondering about size, the copy says it's 11" long at "full length", so I dunno if that means like stretching all the legs out or what.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 11:13 am

Sounds like that's what they mean, which is a very strange way of conveying the size of this thing. But I'm sure they're bracing themselves for this thing listing at even more than the price increase already implemented on their Ultimate figures. BUT LOOK, IT'S 11" LONG! (stretched out)

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 3:02 pm

I was assuming all along it would cost a bit more than the rest of the Ultimates. I'm not seeing much potential for mold re-use, and it probably uses a bit more plastic overall. For example, how much did that giant Predator from the new movie cost? I was expecting around that range, so $35 works for me. If that's the new price of all Ultimates going forward, though, I'm less sanguine.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 3:18 pm

cmoney wrote:I was assuming all along it would cost a bit more than the rest of the Ultimates. I'm not seeing much potential for mold re-use, and it probably uses a bit more plastic overall. For example, how much did that giant Predator from the new movie cost? I was expecting around that range, so $35 works for me. If that's the new price of all Ultimates going forward, though, I'm less sanguine.
I'm absolutely not bothered by the price myself, I'll still pick up 2-3. But I'm sure they're weary of listing it higher either way.

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 3:23 pm

cmoney wrote:I was assuming all along it would cost a bit more than the rest of the Ultimates. I'm not seeing much potential for mold re-use, and it probably uses a bit more plastic overall. For example, how much did that giant Predator from the new movie cost? I was expecting around that range, so $35 works for me. If that's the new price of all Ultimates going forward, though, I'm less sanguine.
Unless they start adding more unique pieces to the sets.

For example, just in the Predator series I have more than enough collapsed/expanded spears, blast effects, smart discs, human skull 1 and human skull 2 from the Predator line.

I'd like to start seeing some new stuff, like medkits, skulls with holes in them, alien (non-xeno) skulls, lacerating nets, standalone biomasks (not attached to a head), unique weapons (the current ultimate lost tribe is a step in the right direction here).

I get that they need the chance for new collectors to get those evergreen items, but this is pretty much a collector line, so the duplicates really add up.

misterskeezler on Instagram

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 12:32 am

Odd that BBTS is like the only retailer not offering the Kessler wolf yet. Anyone got any ideas why?
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 am

cmoney wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:32 am
Odd that BBTS is like the only retailer not offering the Kessler wolf yet. Anyone got any ideas why?
They close at 3:30 on Friday and aren't open weekends?
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 1:47 pm

The Walmart in my town was setting up the pegs for a newly added neca/collector section. Hopefully, it's better than the Walmart near my job, which has lately been dreadful.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Is there any confirmation on whether that new King Kong is Target exclusive or not? I started calling my local Target, kinda difficult to explain what I'm looking for when they have 2 different Kongs on the shelf that aren't the right one.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”