General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Sun May 09, 2021 9:39 pm

GuruAskew wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 am
Don’t go on Twitter, guys. Internet Man is at it again with his insufferable complaints over complete non-issues. One complaint was about how “proper” Kong has his mouth closed and how this figure represents yet another catastrophic failure to realize “proper” closed-mouth Kong. Another complaint was about how the box had a black-and-white pic of Kong but houses a color Kong figure.

https://youtu.be/a3_PPdjD6mg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is “internet man”?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Looking at pics of the new Kong on Toyark, and I think I can skip it. I really don't like the angry head. The classic head with articulated jaw is cool, but it's not worth a double dip as I already have the first Kong release.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 6:34 pm

I just wish he wasn't so brown and covered in cuts.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:15 pm
Looking at pics of the new Kong on Toyark, and I think I can skip it. I really don't like the angry head. The classic head with articulated jaw is cool, but it's not worth a double dip as I already have the first Kong release.
One thing that might be throwing you about the angry head is that apparently Toyark got like a preproduction early model and it's missing the eyebrow pieces. Could be it won't make a difference to you even with, but thought I'd point it out.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 4:52 am

It’s Kong-parison time!!!!
Kong towers above Luca when both stand upright
He’s the same height, though when knuckle walking (couldn’t get Luca into a knuckle pose, his joints are floppy AF and the legs have zero useful articulation.)
Here’s the next member of DK crew!!!! Mezco Kong for completeness sake!
And with the only Godzilla I have, I’m sure NECA Kongs scales better with one of those 24 inch head to tail G’s but for the standard figures Luca is a more appropriately scaled Gorilla if you must use a NECA figure...
But Mezco Kong looks way better with this Godzilla!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 5:21 am

cmoney wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 pm
One thing that might be throwing you about the angry head is that apparently Toyark got like a preproduction early model and it's missing the eyebrow pieces. Could be it won't make a difference to you even with, but thought I'd point it out.
Haha. Well missing eyebrows certainly doesn't help. I think I like the screaming, modern head from the first release more than either head in this release. So yeah, unless I feel a need to army build vintage Kong, I'll likely pass on this one. Thanks for pointing out the missing eyebrows, though. I should have read Toyark's review and not just look at the pics.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 6:12 am

Fantastic Kong comparison!
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 11, 2021 7:07 am

I was perfectly happy with Mezco Kong so I skipped on NECA's first one, but this new release might sway me. The snarling, angry head looks great and the classic style head looks good too. I do admittedly prefer the classic head that came with the first release, but this new one has two heads I like rather than just one. The extra accessories are only icing on the cake.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 7:37 am

Another cool thing about this new Kong is he also has grip hands as well. The original only has fists and open hands. I'm hoping that he'll still retail for the same as the others. He sure comes with a bunch of extra stuff though.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 11, 2021 11:19 am

Oh man. The missing eyebrows on the “angry” head in the bottom pic is a rough site. Is every figure missing them? That’s a hell of an over site.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:52 am
It’s Kong-parison time!!!!
Kong towers above Luca when both stand upright
He’s the same height, though when knuckle walking (couldn’t get Luca into a knuckle pose, his joints are floppy AF and the legs have zero useful articulation.)
Thanks, Doc! Guess I'll have to figure something else out.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Comedian wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:19 am
Oh man. The missing eyebrows on the “angry” head in the bottom pic is a rough site. Is every figure missing them? That’s a hell of an over site.
It was mentioned that ToyArk had an early sample that was missing the eyebrows on the one head, I doubt the retail versions do.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Man....I gotta read more....I just go right for the pics like a toddler. Lol.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 4:50 pm

here is pic of some finding the new kong and you can see the brows on the angry head.

edit:
better pics
vicious7171
CROM!

Wed May 12, 2021 8:00 pm

So excited to buy this new Kong. I really wanted the last one, but the lack of gripping hands was going to limit my play value. I want Kong hanging from things, holding swords and guns, all the things Kong does.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”