General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
The Ghost
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:36 am

The Ghost wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:36 am
Costumes.com/Haulathon.suck still haven't fixed the issue so we can pay by PayPal and looks like it's ending in a few hours.

Pathetic.
Got an email back today:

"Unfortunately, the sale has ended, please check back or follow us on https://www.instagram.com/haulathon/ for updates and special announcements. We suggest to try another payment method next time."

Wow, never thought of that. :rolleyes:

NECA really is the worst company for getting figures into the hands of the non-US consumer (well, maybe Mattel with their WWE stuff is slightly better at being worse). 10 days of going back and forth for the issue to not even be addressed until after the sale, lol. They managed to avoid answering it long enough for it to no longer be an issue, case closed!
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:55 am

I'm honestly surprised you people from out of US could even afford shipping costs from this Haulaton thing... shipping to EU for a single Ash figure was 50USD

Funny thing they claim everywhere that customers from out of US are welcome but then you find out that shipping costs are out if this planet...no other shipping options, nothing. Take it or leave it.

In BBTS international shipping cost to my place is 8 (EIGHT) $ and if i want to get it faster i pay express mailing (16$) and ready to go

Is it that complicated...?

Note that us folks from EU have started getting the first Mcready release from the thing like a month ago...its gonna be months until we get our hands on Ash and these other offerings through the conventional retailers here...gargoyles are not even available here

Hey, people selling: this is just people buying asking to be able to buy.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:00 pm

The shipping cost from the costumes site for US people was cheaper than what Neca's site usually charges, think mine was like 8 bucks.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:33 pm

Looks like Gremlins 2 Bride Greta figure is an SDCC exclusive. On the one hand, the Gremlins line never seems to be as popular with people as it is with me, so I don't imagine she'll be hard to snag online. But on the other, the way they charge on NECA's site is gonna put her nearly at or maybe even over $50 with shipping, and I don't think I'm willing to pay that.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 24, 2022 6:22 pm

The shipping that NECA will eventually charge, on top of the inflated convention price they slap on it, those are going to hurt. I have the entire Gremlins line and this Gretta is essential for my collection. Hopefully this is easier to come by than past con exclusives (pre-lockdown) from NECA.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:26 pm

Maybe they'll sell 'em at Target and/or Wal-Mart again? Or was that something that only happened in COVID times when there was no SDCC?
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 7:42 pm

Gotta say, opening my Gremlins 2 demolition team 2-pack, I'm a little miffed. I really dislike soft goods on figures this scale and was planning to remove the construction gear to use that figure as a generic Gremlin, but turns out they didn't paint all the detail onto the body underneath. It's just flat green. Very disappointing, as I'd like to get a generic of both Gremlin "types" in both green and brown (they released a brown version of this one back in day).
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 am

The Terminator Sarah and John Connor 2-pack is shipping out again, and they've updated the figures with face printing. Which makes them look a whole lot better. This matches up with the Motorcycle Cop T-1000 with face printing that's out, and I THINK the first Ultimate T-1000 is out with it as well. But I haven't been able to find one in person, it's all just motorcycle cop. So that just leaves Arnold himself waiting to get some face printing.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:27 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 am
The Terminator Sarah and John Connor 2-pack is shipping out again, and they've updated the figures with face printing. Which makes them look a whole lot better. This matches up with the Motorcycle Cop T-1000 with face printing that's out, and I THINK the first Ultimate T-1000 is out with it as well. But I haven't been able to find one in person, it's all just motorcycle cop. So that just leaves Arnold himself waiting to get some face printing.
I wish they'd give the T-800 some double-jointed elbows. I'd actually want that way more than the face printing.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:27 pm

cmoney wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Maybe they'll sell 'em at Target and/or Wal-Mart again? Or was that something that only happened in COVID times when there was no SDCC?
That remains to be seen. It might depend on if Walmart or Target has interest in selling any of them. It would seem Target wasn't that interested in last year's sets since they were sold on NECA's website and stocked at Target like any other set and the same was true of the stuff that went to Walmart (and I don't think everything was even offered on NECA's web store). I'm of the mind that since San Diego is happening, some (or all) of that stock that went to brick and mortar is going to the show itself and NECA will sell some direct through their site. It's just the most popular sets that might have a chance to go to a retailer (like TMNT). And in year's past, sets that didn't sell out would randomly show up at stores too (like the DC two-packs a few years ago).
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:54 pm

Apparently today is World Dracula Day. Someone let NECA know.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:16 pm

Hmm. I'd kinda been thinking they might try to make this poster in some form:

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:26 pm

i pass on that one. dont see the value but thats my opinion.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:30 pm

I love it. I’ll take anything they give us from The Thing.

Really hoping the new body goes to a Childs/Keith David. He’s the only other human I need from the movie, but I’ll gladly take the full outpost.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:49 pm

On one hand, I love that NECA will make wacky stuff like that.

On the other hand, that's one of the dumber things I've seen, so it's a pass.

But I'm not mad they made it. Kudos to them.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”