Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:30 am

Does anyone have leads on someone parting with a Sword Horseman?
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Do you mean the actual sword: http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-le ... d-horsemen

Looks like they can be had for about 20 - 30 bucks on ebay, but I may have an extra if you can wait a bit and will cover postage. I moved and all my toys are packed up. Might not get to unpacking until some time in Jan.
Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Sir Girard update. :lol:

https://youtu.be/xQyKChlxbOo
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:14 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm
TheFallen wrote:
Do you mean the actual sword: http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-le ... d-horsemen

Looks like they can be had for about 20 - 30 bucks on ebay, but I may have an extra if you can wait a bit and will cover postage. I moved and all my toys are packed up. Might not get to unpacking until some time in Jan.
That is the one.

I am more than happy to wait. Thank you so much
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Yo. wrote:

That's pretty funny :lol:

And good news for those who exercised patience.
maczero
CROM!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:11 am

I got my Forest Troll 2 from the All-Star wave. Nice surprise because there was no heads up that it was on its way. Anyway after opening him up and posing him around bit, I'm a little disappointed. I knew he had limited articulation but not being able to bend his knees and no ankle rockers are a bummer. Ultimately, I'm happy to have him but given the seriously limited articulation, I feel he should've been priced at $100.

Regarding head sizes, I've gotta say that I will not be buying any figures using the 2.0 male body. Those heads look ginormous on those skinny bodies.
BeefCake Head
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 am

Yo. wrote:

TLDW, Cliff notes?
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:12 am

Are they trying to be cute for a bit or is it a legit QC problem that the "exclusive" head is packed in with the standard Girard?

And if it's the first, what about the head pack?
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:07 am

Well this is a nice surprise if legit. Hopefully true and if so maybe the head pack version can be repainted with a different color or be a Glow in the Dark version.
Samalas
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:09 am

I remember someone saying there would be bonuses to the Poxxus wave, similar to Cosmic Legions tiers. Has there been any update or is there a meter like CL that I'm missing somewhere?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Normally I would be irritated that I spent nearly $80 for what boils down to an exclusive box, but I always miss the in-stock sales due to work so this was most likely my only opportunity to pick it up. If by chance I can order another, I will though. I really like the figure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

minitaur
Customized

Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:41 pm

I skipped the legions shop Sir Gerard sale because I was triggered by the wording.

It said the figure is $60 which is the $40 cost of the figure if you bought it at the con plus the $20 cost of the admission to the con. To be fair to the con attendees who had to buy admission too.

Except… the con attendees got to actually go to the con for that $20.

And on the other side of the math, they probably had to wait in line for 5 hours just for the figure. So assuming minimum wage, plus gas to get to the con, and wear and tear on their tires, Legions Shop should have charged $150 for the figure to keep it fair to the con goers.

I just wish Legions Shop just didn’t say anything to try to justify the higher online price. They wanted to make more of a profit, I get it. The justifications are silly and make me feel belittled.
maczero
CROM!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm

minitaur wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:41 pm
I skipped the legions shop Sir Gerard sale because I was triggered by the wording.

It said the figure is $60 which is the $40 cost of the figure if you bought it at the con plus the $20 cost of the admission to the con. To be fair to the con attendees who had to buy admission too.

Except… the con attendees got to actually go to the con for that $20.

And on the other side of the math, they probably had to wait in line for 5 hours just for the figure. So assuming minimum wage, plus gas to get to the con, and wear and tear on their tires, Legions Shop should have charged $150 for the figure to keep it fair to the con goers.

I just wish Legions Shop just didn’t say anything to try to justify the higher online price. They wanted to make more of a profit, I get it. The justifications are silly and make me feel belittled.
I didn't attend LegionCon but I have bought directly from 4H at New Jersey's ToyCon. They actually upped the price on figures that they were selling there. I was hoping to save some money on shipping by picking the figures up myself but it turned out to be a complete wash because the increased prices of buying in person just about equalled shipping charges. Hell, it was actually a loss if I count gas and time off work to attend the convention.
minitaur
Customized

Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:37 pm

maczero wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 pm
I didn't attend LegionCon but I have bought directly from 4H at New Jersey's ToyCon. They actually upped the price on figures that they were selling there. I was hoping to save some money on shipping by picking the figures up myself but it turned out to be a complete wash because the increased prices of buying in person just about equalled shipping charges. Hell, it was actually a loss if I count gas and time off work to attend the convention.
And I’m sure they’d justify the higher price by saying they had to pay people to work the con floor that day, pay for the table, pay their own gas to drive there themselves.

That’s why this Sir Gerard increased price is funny. They raised the price for online sales, even though it’s cheaper to sell it online.

To be fair they could have sold it for $120 on their online shop and it’d have sold out in minutes anyway. It’s just funny and a little insulting when places try to justify price increases with silly reasons. Just tell me the truth, that the price is higher because the market will bear it and you want to make more profit. I’m a capitalist, too, I don’t willingly offer my services to my employer for less than they’re willing to pay, even if I’d accept a pay cut because the work is easy/enjoyable.

Or honestly just don’t say anything, it’s $60 online. Buy it or don’t. And if you choose not to buy it, it doesn’t matter because it will sell out in minutes even if you huff and puff that the price is higher than the con price.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 am

I did find it odd it was on LegionShop and not an official channel.

The Mythic Customs connection always... I don't want to say rubbed me wrong, and it's not sketchy per se... The fact he has his own custom side gig, channel, shop, and is an official position at the company (correct me if I'm wrong) seems cagey.

Like if Hasbro's Dwight or MSWord here sold ML and Select kitbash lots and alternate portraits on the side.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”