Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:52 am

MYTHIC LEGIONS: LEGION BUILDER REINFORCEMENTS!!
You’ve been waiting… You’ve been asking… You’ve been patient… You’ll be rewarded for your loyalty and passion soon. FINALLY… OFFICIALLY… coming to Store Horsemen in 2022, the Mythic Legions: Legion Builder Reinforcements!!
We’d originally planned to do a preorder for these figures many months ago, but the global pandemic had other plans, and new plan is to just place a huge order for each of the characters with our factory immediately, and run the Legion Builder Reinforcements alongside the production of the recently preordered Deluxe Legion Builders figures. Since the Reinforcements have no new tooling, the hope is that we’ll be able to do production on them quickly and have those ready to ship out to customers by mid 2022.
As you may remember, we recently ran a poll in order to decide which characters would be the first Legion Builder Reinforcement figures to be released, and we’re really happy with the final results. Those of you who participated in the poll chose a very diverse bunch of characters that will be really helpful to the Mythic Legions community in both Legion building and customizing. Here are the top five that will be included in the first Legion Builder Reinforcements wave in order of most number of votes to least number of votes…
The first, and most popular character by over 200 votes, is the infamous BLACK KNIGHT LEGION BUILDER!
Next up, for all of you who are fans of the undead, we have STANDARD SKELETON LEGION BUILDER!
Many of you chose the Black Knight, so it makes sense that one of the other top vote getters is the TEMPLAR KNIGHT LEGION BUILDER!
For the fans of the not-so-human humanoids, how about a dirty little BRONZE DWARF LEGION BUILDER?
The last of the characters we’re including from the poll is the grimy, greasy, green little GOBLIN LEGION BUILDER!
What?!? You say you want more?!? Well, we’ve decided to include one of the most sought after Orcs from Mythic Legions, the original ORC LEGION BUILDER!
And to round out this wave, we’re throwing in the single most popular character so far in Mythic Legions history, the BARBARIAN BUILDER SET!!
The standard Legion Builder Reinforcement characters listed above will be $25.00 each (not including shipping & handling), and the Barbarian Builder Set will be $55.00 each (not including shipping & handling), but if you order the Mythic Legions: Legion Builder Reinforcements All-In set, which includes one of each of the characters listed above, you’ll only have to pay $185.00 (not including shipping & handling)!
Fear not, Brave Legionnaires! The reinforcements are on their way!!
-FOUR HORSEMEN-
danasty
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:04 am

That's a great lineup for newcomers. You get a little of everything, and the Barbarian Builder is killer.
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:01 am

Nice! I do like that black knight, and I haven't made the effort to get him yet. Most of my collection runs toward the anthropomorphic and fae, so a generic knight might be a nice bit of diversity in my display.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 am

Very happy about the Black Knight. Unfortunately I have everything else except for the Dwarf who I don't want. So maybe 2 Knights will be the sweetspot for me as a bodyguard for Gorgo.

But yeah, it's a nice catch-up wave for beginners to the line. That's okay.
Samalas
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:35 am

So happy they're re-releasing the Barbarian. I got lucky and managed to grab one in the Warehouse sale a while back, but I'll absolutely grab another. With everything he comes with it might as well be like buying a separate figure.

Definitely want the Black Knight, Skele, Templar, and Orc too. May end up going all in for the first time.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:46 pm

ORCS!!! Heck yes!

Now I just need a Sir Godfrey re-release.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:45 pm

The picks are awesome and give lots of variety. Looking forward to getting several black knights (at a reasonable price finally) for customs. And the barbarian set is a very pleasant surprise!

It’s rather unfortunate that we have to wait like a whole year though (around mid 2022). Correct me if I’m wrong, but these will have no-preorder and will simply drop in large numbers as in-stock when they’re ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gosailor
I wish I had super powers

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:10 pm

343guiltyspark wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:45 pm
The picks are awesome and give lots of variety. Looking forward to getting several black knights (at a reasonable price finally) for customs. And the barbarian set is a very pleasant surprise!

It’s rather unfortunate that we have to wait like a whole year though (around mid 2022). Correct me if I’m wrong, but these will have no-preorder and will simply drop in large numbers as in-stock when they’re ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, thats the plan, no pre-orders will just be available in the store in mid 2022. I do recall them originally saying they'd be available put into production at the same time as the deluxe lb wave but maybe I misunderstood.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:35 am

I'll be grabbing some Barbarians.

I had a couple from the original Kickstarter but I long sold them off. I have been slowly getting back in to ML so this crosses off one of my most wanted again. Now all I need is a re-release of Attlus and Asterionn and think I'd be set. I'm not really invested in ML so I have no intention of paying the secondary prices.

Now bring on the Cosmic Legions. I could be very invested in them....
naugem
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Agree with the other posts, this seems like a good assortment of figs. I'll probably be getting a barbarian builder, a dwarf, a skeleton and an orc. Of those I've only bought skeletons before, but they're a great base for customs, even if they're just of the swap-parts variety.
It seems all these figs are the All-Stars legion builders, except maybe for the dwarf. I think the cavern and silver dwarves have been more popular, but the cavern dwarf can still be obtained for "reasonable" prices, and the silver dwarf was already re-released once, so maybe people went for the harder to find figure of dwarves. No complaints from me, as I already have the other two :)
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:47 pm

Of these evergreen legion builders, I think I'm only interested in the black knight. I've got enough of all the others. Still nice to see the evergreen Legion Builders coming to light. It'll be interesting to see how long they last in-stock. And how often different figures will be added to the mix.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:43 pm

Since these won’t pop up for another 10 months atleast, it’s too bad they couldn’t throw in a paint variant or two just for us that have everything and would like something new to buy.

Customizers and new customers get some great figures though, but how hard would it be to just do half the Black Knights in white with gold accents?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:48 am

New Gorgo and Attila for the Kickstarter tomorrow!
Subby
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 am

Mythic Legions are getting a new kickstarter tomorrow?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:54 am

Subby wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 am
Mythic Legions are getting a new kickstarter tomorrow?
For the game, and it looks like it will have figures as part of the rewards — they have only shown the new Gorgo and Attila, which are definite improvements over the old ones.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”