mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:14 pm

Mezco drop in 15 minutes — PSCC: Unholy Encore.

The music video features the Cousin Eddie they just showed at Rumble Con.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:31 pm

Just the Pink Skulls band set again with even more merch now at $300.
dcucfan
CROM!

Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:11 pm

Looks like it’s technically a reissue of the original PSCC with the band accessories and heads. I’m tempted just to get more skulls, but a $350 ask on a moments notice at Christmas time? Tough trigger to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mister Voorhees
CROM!

Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:19 pm

Looks like people are getting Predator already.

I passed on it because I didn't think it looked much better than a NECA figure... and I feel like I was right.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:01 am

dcucfan wrote:
Looks like it’s technically a reissue of the original PSCC with the band accessories and heads. I’m tempted just to get more skulls, but a $350 ask on a moments notice at Christmas time? Tough trigger to pull.

I it a reissue or an alternate version? they don't do straight reissues as far as I know, but they will give the figures a slightly different look and accessories and release that.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:05 am

Threash wrote:
dcucfan wrote:

I it a reissue or an alternate version? they don't do straight reissues as far as I know, but they will give the figures a slightly different look and accessories and release that.
It looks like it’s the Gig from Hell set with more physical non-figure goodies and the original Pink Skull outfits. The shades are a different color, the hats are slightly different. They come with tank tops now. It’s all minor differences.

I might grab the shades and bowler hat from someone who pieces it out, though. I dig those new colors.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:47 am

The articulation on that Predator figure...

I know articulation isn't the only reason that people buy high-end toys, but the fact that it doesn't hold a candle to NECA's offerings isn't great.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:10 pm

Threash wrote:
dcucfan wrote:

Aside from the real world merch, the only new thing I saw was the tank tops, and they look like they come with the striped shirts already on (they were included before), and NEW bomber jackers (for the classic PSCC look), and now include tank tops to alternate, minus the plain black tees for Two and Three. One's Shazam shirt is still there, though. This also robs you of Three's hoodie, which I thought was cooler than a tank, so I used the word rob.

Mic stand base and bass drum are now pink (with a new black snare), and oddly the guitars are untouched. Mic stand and mic are a cleaner silver.

Some hats are recoloured, with the big ones being the Johnny caps now matching the PSCC set. Confederate hat is now white, bowler has a snappy pink band. Sunglasses are pink.

Stage/box is different, I'd argue less interesting.

Great set for those who missed out, but anecdotally I can say that since it sold out yesterday, the spare original I have listed on Marketplace leapt in activity, so I don't think this really satisfied the demand.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:51 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:10 pm

Great set for those who missed out, but anecdotally I can say that since it sold out yesterday, the spare original I have listed on Marketplace leapt in activity, so I don't think this really satisfied the demand.
How much is the original going for?
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:03 pm

I've seen it listed at 500-700 Canadian, but I'd say it actually sells at 450 Canadian based on active offers and listings that have actually vanished.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:46 pm

You can grab the original Gig From He’ll on eBay for about $350 shipped right now — it’s not going for a lot since retail was $280 I believe.

I think a lot of scalpers bought this thinking it was going to a big ticket item like the previous set, and supply outstripped demand.

The original PSCC set is still $500 - $600, but this new set will likely drive the cost of those down as well.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:45 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:47 am
The articulation on that Predator figure...

I know articulation isn't the only reason that people buy high-end toys, but the fact that it doesn't hold a candle to NECA's offerings isn't great.
I wouldn't say that "it doesn't hold a candle to NECA's offerings". More recent Ultimate NECA Predators from second movie are all great for sure. They cost $40, but they have better articulation, paint and not as fragile.

The problem is, NECA never updated Predator figure from the first movie. They keep re-releasing that old Ultimate Jungle Hunter version and it gets worse and worse with each reissue. I had three figures of this Predator and all had different problems. Torso hardly moved, the tubes and blades kept breaking off, the paint job was worse with each reissue (especially on the mask). He has a double bend in his elbows, but every time you bend them, you think something will break.

So forgetting the double elbows, I wouldn't say there's major difference in the articulation. The paint job on the latest reissues also leaves a lot to be desired.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:46 pm
You can grab the original Gig From He’ll on eBay for about $350 shipped right now — it’s not going for a lot since retail was $280 I believe.

I think a lot of scalpers bought this thinking it was going to a big ticket item like the previous set, and supply outstripped demand.

The original PSCC set is still $500 - $600, but this new set will likely drive the cost of those down as well.
Yeah, that maths out in maple exchange rate.

You know what I can't do with my extra set? Get a frickin' Doc Noc of any flavour. Locally anyway.
Shoretrooper69
Super Poseable

Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 pm

Honestly, the upgrade I want is the Five Points PSCC with instruments. Then I'd display them in the Tower of Fear whenever that ships.

So as much as I want to wait list the encore, I'll hold off for now out. Wouldn't mind getting a Five Points Vapor in this year's holiday set. Last year's Doc Noc really sold me on the little guys.
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:00 pm

I like the articulation It’s really about the scale and detail for me the Neca ones are great and I have quite a few but they’re 7” scale so of course they always seem too tall with my 6” (one:12) figures
I’m more than happy with the Mezco one 12 version

And I can finally do this :)

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”