Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:53 pm

So the recent interviews really make me think we may not be leaving MMPR for this line, even when we run out of MMPR specific Rangers. They did mention the comics, so we could dip our toes into that line- I'd be shocked if they didn't do a Drakkon- but yeah.

I am curious if that'll extend to the Alien Rangers or not though. Kyle name dropped Ninjor at one point and we know season 3 is on their minds. They could also do straight up civilian Rangers if they wanted.

As far as zords and MOTW go, they're not going to run out any time soon. I kind of have to doubt we'll see an Ultrazord or Mega Dragonzord in this line since the latter is just the Megazord wearing a hat and the former is absurd to consider- you're looking at a Turtle Van level price point, bar minimum. Dragonzord Fighting Mode/Battle Mode is probably the last season 1 mecha we'll get. Even a Titanus on its own would be a bit much to expect.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:22 pm

Recent interview?

Yes, if there's comic stuff involved, I would expect at least 2 versions of Drakkon, Ranger Slayer (possibly 2 versions), and new Green Ranger, possibly even Psycho Green (but maybe not since it wouldn't make since without the others, and those aren't MMPR). Could even possibly see stuff like Omega Rangers, but I donno if Hasbro would let them do that before they do it first. There's also the Chaos Putties and the new Dark Rangers (if you haven't followed the comics, Zedd uses the green chaos crystal to make Goldar, Squatt, Baboo, Finster and a super putty Rita clone into Dark Rangers with their own zords/megazord).
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:00 am

citysushi wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:22 pm
Recent interview?

Yes, if there's comic stuff involved, I would expect at least 2 versions of Drakkon, Ranger Slayer (possibly 2 versions), and new Green Ranger, possibly even Psycho Green (but maybe not since it wouldn't make since without the others, and those aren't MMPR). Could even possibly see stuff like Omega Rangers, but I donno if Hasbro would let them do that before they do it first. There's also the Chaos Putties and the new Dark Rangers (if you haven't followed the comics, Zedd uses the green chaos crystal to make Goldar, Squatt, Baboo, Finster and a super putty Rita clone into Dark Rangers with their own zords/megazord).


The Fwoosh interview is what I'm talking about specifically. The emphasis on MOTW has me excited since that's part of my draw for the line.

You also have the Pink Ranger variants that came up in one of the mini series. I also suspect that they might have the original Movie designs on the docket- you could even do optional chest emblems for those.

We'll see where it goes
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:20 am

I mean, yeah, there's the Pink team, the OOPS! All Green team, the color swapped team, Kim with Dragon shield, Trini with Black Dragon...
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:59 am

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:21 pm

He mentioned at the end that things are "planned out beyond wave 12 and stuff." VERY exciting, hope the sales stay good so we get to see all that. Twelve waves would be sixty figures even at just five figures per wave and no extras/variants lol
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3888
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm

Has Super7 announced the third series of ReAction figures? If they did I completely missed them, but just found photos of all of them at DeepDiscount: https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q=p ... ure&mod=AP

Rito!!! And he looks really good for a line like this.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 18440
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:00 pm

ToyBro has a video looking at the entire wave, and they look great for what they are.

All the skull and bone pieces making up Rito's gear look great in that scale. If they did an Ultimates of him before Hasbro, I might bite.
User avatar
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4712
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:08 am

The ReAction MMPR figures are all great... But pretty much all the ReAction figures are great.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:59 am

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Mon May 30, 2022 9:26 pm

According to the Super7 status page, Waves 1 & 2 are now in tooling review at the factory.

Since it takes 2-3 months just for things to cross the water now, it seems like Wave 1 will probably land in the Fall with Wave 2 shortly behind, assuming the stages after this go well and nothing goes back to tooling. Similar situation as TMNT Wave 5 & 6 which both entered production at the same time.

A lot of Super7 lines are kind of backed up right now... Wonder if that'll eventually affect their ability to get new preorders up since they only show three waves ahead.
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Mon May 30, 2022 10:35 pm

My budget is living in fear of waves 1 and 2 dropping at the same time.
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:06 am

Kicking the old horse back to life, word from Brian in the recent Toybro interview is that wave 1 should be done in two months and wave 2 a month after.

Apparently some unexpected hiccups came up with the designing phase so we'll see what that turns out like. I'm watching this with a lot of interest, beyond just because I would like the line to turn out well, because the T-Rex zord is going to be a big tell for how their kaiju line will be handled going forward. If I had to guess, and this is pure speculation on my part, the Zord is probably what held them up as long as it did.

Whatever hangups happened with wave 1 were figured out and proven to be not an issue for wave 2, so we'll see. One thing he called out, as well, was properly seating the waist balljoint- hopefully avoiding the issues with the Casey Jones figure.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:59 am

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 pm

The preorder page just listed Wave 1 as "adjusting tooling at the factory." That means we're definitely not getting these this year -- them approving the tooling and going into the production was sort of our last shot there.

But at least they're taking the time to get them right, I guess. Gonna be a long wait before we see Wave 4
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:42 pm

starguarded wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 pm
The preorder page just listed Wave 1 as "adjusting tooling at the factory." That means we're definitely not getting these this year -- them approving the tooling and going into the production was sort of our last shot there.

But at least they're taking the time to get them right, I guess. Gonna be a long wait before we see Wave 4
I'm extremely curious what could be going on. The first thought to occur to me is the Tyranno Zord. It's a pretty massive figure and pretty much their first stab at a 'kaiju' style figure to boot. I really don't know what else could be holding things up so much. More accurate Yellow Ranger helmet?
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:59 am

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:44 pm

Burkion wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:42 pm
starguarded wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 pm
The preorder page just listed Wave 1 as "adjusting tooling at the factory." That means we're definitely not getting these this year -- them approving the tooling and going into the production was sort of our last shot there.

But at least they're taking the time to get them right, I guess. Gonna be a long wait before we see Wave 4
I'm extremely curious what could be going on. The first thought to occur to me is the Tyranno Zord. It's a pretty massive figure and pretty much their first stab at a 'kaiju' style figure to boot. I really don't know what else could be holding things up so much. More accurate Yellow Ranger helmet?
Its for sure the Zords. So long as we don't get a repeat of Optimus Elbows I'll be happy
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4047
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am

The Ranger body is also new and expected to do some heavy lifting going forward, so it could even be that. Especially if you collect TMNT and saw how much trouble they had just with a ball-jointed waist on Casey Jones. We heard about there being issues a month ago, so today’s update doesn’t necessarily reflect where it’s at in the timeline. TMNT Wave 5, for example, went from “In production” to “Arrived at port in the US” with no interim update. Wave 1 could go into production next week, or next month, at this point and we might not know precisely when it happens.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”