Diamond Select Star Wars

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Diamond Select Star Wars

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:18 am

Price increase is not due to packaging, it's due to increased costs, based on pricing out of China. Each figure comes with a ton of stuff, so this is the new reality, at least for Star Wars. Next figure is bigger, so it may make the price easier to swallow. And the two after that are gonna be even more awesome.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:54 am

C'mooooooon Vader!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 am

MSWord wrote:
Price increase is not due to packaging, it's due to increased costs, based on pricing out of China. Each figure comes with a ton of stuff, so this is the new reality, at least for Star Wars. Next figure is bigger, so it may make the price easier to swallow. And the two after that are gonna be even more awesome.
Costs increased 40% out of China? For just one specific line? Out of an entire industry? Without a tandem price increase from your other Select lines that are packed to the gills with content?

You guys selling bridges in Brooklyn as well? :lol:

I respect what you do here too much to make it uncomfortable by going too far into it. I just think that it's unfortunate.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Because Hasbro hasn't been raising prices on Star Wars, too?
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:51 pm

jimbles wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 am
MSWord wrote:
Costs increased 40% out of China? For just one specific line? Out of an entire industry? Without a tandem price increase from your other Select lines that are packed to the gills with content?

You guys selling bridges in Brooklyn as well? :lol:

I respect what you do here too much to make it uncomfortable by going too far into it. I just think that it's unfortunate.
Sounds like you're implying I'm being untruthful? We are far from the only company raising prices, from what I'm hearing.

We don't set prices at shopdisney.com, but they set their prices based on what we need to charge them for each figure, and the costs of making these figures IS going up. A price doesn't need to increase 40% in China. It can increase 10% in China, which means it increases 20% when we sell it to a retailer, and 40% selling to a customer. Everyone needs to make at least a LITTLE money along the way or capitalism breaks down.

Besides, most of our Select and Deluxe action figures are $30 (Marvel, Iron Giant, LOTR), and only some of our more basic Deluxe figures (Avatar, Invincible) are $25. So $35 for a parts-packed figure is a maybe a 15% increase overall.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:57 am

In a hypothetical world, could DST make Dr. Aphra or Rebels characters?
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 am

I believe so! We'll probably focus on movie and TV characters, but that could change.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:09 am

I’d love to see a really nice R2 and 3PO in this line-blows my mind that those two dont get more love from Hasbro.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:44 am

Forgot to snag the link,but someone on Reddit posted pics of the new figure-its Chewie! And he comes with his SOLO bandolier and gun as well S his OT look. Looked good! Think the guy said he found it at Epcot.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:06 am

MSWord wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 am
I believe so! We'll probably focus on movie and TV characters, but that could change.
Late follow up, but since DST tends to do nice solo pieces (not that you don't do lines), I'd love to see Aphra, Ahsoka, Bastila or Satele... Someone who could stand alone and represent a facet of the franchise.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:12 am

Still waiting for Mando.
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:09 pm

Found on Instagram - Chewie showed up at Disney Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:36 pm

That feels like an extremely random choice for a line that so far, seems to have no direction. Is this a line we'll be able to put together any kind of cohesive display eventually? I know it's pretty much Disney's call, I'm not trying to dump on DST here. Is there ever going to be a Han to go with Chewie? Can we get a Vader or Luke?

Arise Serpentor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:03 pm

Okay... I'm intrigued!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:09 pm

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:36 pm
That feels like an extremely random choice for a line that so far, seems to have no direction. Is this a line we'll be able to put together any kind of cohesive display eventually? I know it's pretty much Disney's call, I'm not trying to dump on DST here. Is there ever going to be a Han to go with Chewie? Can we get a Vader or Luke?

With Marvel Select, team building and cohesive displays are not the priority. I'd imagine the same thing will happen with Star Wars.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”