Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:35 pm

I found Reva at one Target yesterday, rang up for 22.99. But I knew I had her preordered, so I looked it up, and I have her POed at Amazon for less than $18. If it was the same price or more expensive, I'd have bought the one I found on the spot, but I kept the PO.

At a second Target down the road, I found an extra Figrin D'an. Expected it to ring up at 22.99, but it came up at 24.99. Ugh. I also found Vader and Reva at this same Target, but Pulse had already charged me for Vader and several others from the wave. They're leaving the building as I post this.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:45 pm

I would LOVE for Black Series to ring up at 22.99. Around here in NY, I'm lucky if I can find them for less than 27 most days. Reva, Obi Wan, and Fifth Brother were all 33 each, but luckily I had a bunch of Target Circle points stockpiled, or else I wouldn't have picked them up.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:01 am

DS finally cancelled my Rex. Hasbro's SW team really needs to get its shit together. I missed Crosshair too, so his rerelease would've been nice. Hopefully at least Rex gets the Archive treatment. Le sigh.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:39 am

Has Hunter been out anywhere? He's the only Bad Batch member I still need.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:40 am

I received this email yesterday.Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Grins
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:30 am

Nebraska wrote:
Well that's... a thing. I don't know if I should be hopeful that he eventually gets released, or angry that BBTS is stringing us along.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:56 am

Grins wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Well that's... a thing. I don't know if I should be hopeful that he eventually gets released, or angry that BBTS is stringing us along.
Be glad they’re keeping you in the know. Other companies *cough* DS *cough* don’t do that, and get snippy with you when you check your order status. So, could be worse.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:37 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Spoiler! :
Grins wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Be glad they’re keeping you in the know. Other companies *cough* DS *cough* don’t do that, and get snippy with you when you check your order status. So, could be worse.
WE.....GET........IT!!!!!!

You have some massive hard on for ragging on them in ANY thread where it might even be relatable.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:08 am

joshsquash729 wrote:
CO_Alex wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 am
I bit the bullet and picked up Jabba on eBay today. The worst part about this is that I passed him up on clearance at Walmart years ago thinking he would take up too much room on my limited shelf space at the time.

I've been tempted to pick one up, but I know as soon as I do, Hasbro will announce a re-release for next year, especially now that they've released the Monkey Lizard elsewhere. I don't expect more than a boxset of Jabba and Salacious, but I wouldn't turn down a more deluxe set with an additional (hopefully new) character.

Found the Show-bi Wan wave at Target. Must have gotten there right as they were put out because I snagged all the ones I needed. Definitely more love for Reva than is apparent, because after I snagged them, two guys came and looked through the pegs and were disappointed she was gone. Can't wait for the Grand Inquisitor and Fourth Sister. I love the look of the Inquisitors, and it'll be nice to have all of them and Trilla together.
I was checking on Slave Leia on eBay and about lost my mind on what she is going for with that horrendous face sculpt. I’ll wait out the re-release on her before I fork over more than what I paid for Jabba. Reva is outstanding and having the Fifth Brother by her side is making me severely anxious for the Fourth Sister and Grand Inquisitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 am

Bad Batch Cad Bane arriving from Amazon tomorrow apparently, bit earlier than December.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:44 pm

Benedict wrote:Bad Batch Cad Bane arriving from Amazon tomorrow apparently, bit earlier than December.
But you’re in the UK, right?
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:21 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
DetectiveHoag wrote:
Spoiler! :
Grins wrote:

You have some massive hard on for ragging on them in ANY thread where it might even be relatable.
Hmmm.. terrible customer service will do that.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:36 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:44 pm
Benedict wrote:Bad Batch Cad Bane arriving from Amazon tomorrow apparently, bit earlier than December.
But you’re in the UK, right?
Yup.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 pm

DetectiveHoag wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:
DetectiveHoag wrote:
Spoiler! :

Just because you've had terrible customer service doesn't mean the rest of us have. If it's not constructive criticism, take it to twitter. We don't need that shit here. I personally have never had an issue with them or their cs, and when I inquire about things, like I even did Rex, they are upfront with me about it. When I asked, they told me Rex would probably be cancelled, but they were waiting on confirmation before actually cancelling any of them. And then a couple weeks later, EVERYWHERE except BBTS cancelled them. And the owner used to post here regularly, until people like you drove him away. I don't blame him for leaving, if hes trying to be nice and update people on the things coming in and the only thing the people with problems do is bitch and moan about it. You're the exception, not the rule. You don't wanna shop there? Fine. Don't go out of your way to bring it up every thread.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:29 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 pm
DetectiveHoag wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:

Just because you've had terrible customer service doesn't mean the rest of us have. If it's not constructive criticism, take it to twitter. We don't need that shit here. I personally have never had an issue with them or their cs, and when I inquire about things, like I even did Rex, they are upfront with me about it. When I asked, they told me Rex would probably be cancelled, but they were waiting on confirmation before actually cancelling any of them. And then a couple weeks later, EVERYWHERE except BBTS cancelled them. And the owner used to post here regularly, until people like you drove him away. I don't blame him for leaving, if hes trying to be nice and update people on the things coming in and the only thing the people with problems do is bitch and moan about it. You're the exception, not the rule. You don't wanna shop there? Fine. Don't go out of your way to bring it up every thread.

Echoed.

My biggest issue with DS so far was when this same cancellation thing happened a couple years ago, but it was the same thing. not their fault, hasbro shafted them and likely other sites. But they were honest and up front with me, urging me to find the figures elsewhere rather than stringing me along at all. I realize people don't all have my experiences with them, but their customer service has been pretty outstanding with me at every instance.

Their update thread has been, once again, completely derailed by the malcontents who have no issue being as petulant as can be. At this point, I'm not really sure what result is hoped for.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”