Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:08 pm
Trunks3540 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 am
Rex seems perfect for an archive wave. I'm just hoping that's why he got cancelled.

Are we sure Rex is cancelled? BBTS, EE, and Dorkside all still have open pre-orders for that release.
Entertainment Earth:

“Unfortunately, we're sorry to report that the manufacturer has notified us that we will not be receiving any additional shipments of the Star Wars The Black Series Captain Rex 6-Inch Action Figure (Item HSE0623) you ordered, because they have discontinued production of this item. No additional information was provided to us by the manufacturer as to why this occurred. Sadly, that means we will not be able to ship it to you and have cancelled it from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.”
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:05 pm

When did EE send you that cancellation? I still have Rex on pre-order with BBTS, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time they leave pre-orders open for items they're probably never going to get.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:17 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:05 pm
When did EE send you that cancellation? I still have Rex on pre-order with BBTS, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time they leave pre-orders open for items they're probably never going to get.
20 hours ago.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:40 pm

Hopefully it’s because they’re doing an updated body for the clone commanders, that old one is pretty outdated.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:03 pm

I don't think it's that. Apparently Hasbro has canceled preorders for Rex, Hunter, Crosshairs, Asajj, and Cad Bane this week. Some of these are over a year old, so I don't know why it took them so long to communicate this change. It really sucks for retailers and collectors who were expecting these second runs.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:25 pm

Hasbro HAS to be planning on putting Rex in an archive wave at the least. The other figures seem a bit too new, but who knows..

I hope they do for all the folks that missed out on him, he's obviously a much more popular figure than they originally projected.
Grins
CROM!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:28 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 am
Not having just blank white Clone Troopers and regular Stormtroopers in constant production and being readily available is just leaving money on the table honestly. There are a ton of decisions the SW team makes that are just mind boggling.
AliExpress. I got tired of waiting for them to make plain white phase 2 clones and just ordered four of them from that site. Dorkside canceled my Hunter and Crosshair, then EE did the same. If my Rex gets canceled, which I suspect will happen, I will try making one using another generic clonetrooper from AliExpress.
The mismanagement has gone from being infuriating, to confusing, to comical. I just tune in now to see the SW team make their latest boneheaded announcement.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:37 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:41 pm
hunnipot85 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 pm
is that the one with Aayla too? Been waiting for her.
Unfortunately, no. I really want her too. But she is in the Wave after this one being released now. The set with Aayla also consists of Grand Inquisitor, Darth Maul (from final episodes of Clone Wars), Grogu, Greef Karga, Axe Woves, and Miggs Mayfield.

So, we will probably still have to wait a couple months for that wave.
thx for the info :)
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 pm

I got a reply from Dorkside when I inquired that they also expect Rex to be cancelled, they are just waiting on firm confirmation from Hasbro. Until then they said they'll keep the order open just in case.

I wonder why someone would intentionally sabotage the line. It's confusing, but highly possible. Like the Black K figure. "Who wants Black K? Everyone? Alright, let's put out a shitty too small repaint with some Masters of the Universe Armor in a comic box and charge $5 more. Think people will mind? Ahh who cares, they'll still buy it." I can just imagine Palpatine being behind it all and chuckling. "Good, good."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:01 am

Obviously they aren't sabotaging the line, but when Skiff Lando is coming AGAIN as part of the ROTJ 40th when he is lining pegs in three SKUs already - W.T.F.

He never should have been an Archive release. That was a pure cash grab before re-re-releasing him again.

Speaking of Archives - has the Emperor solid cases hit yet, or is he just that popular? I can find deals on the other three in this set, but not him. Yet.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:02 am

My Sev from GameStop showed up today without any warning or notification. My order on GameStop still says awaiting product availability. Well, 2 of the 4 of Delta Squad. Hoping Fixer will show up sooner rather than later.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:57 am

My Nalan Cheel arrived today. I was foolish when these first went up and thought I’d need two of him to complete the Modal Nodes. Turns out one is enough just to get the instruments, then fill the band out with Figrin D’an. I have two already, plus two coming from Pulse. I will try to wait for a sale on any extra at this point. It’s a great figure though. I love the wrist articulation, which is so much more versatile than standard hinge pegs for the different positions necessary to hold the instruments. I gotta look for some reference so I have the hands holding the instruments properly. It’s always a pet peeve for me to see people faking it on instruments in real life. It would bug me in this fictional instance as well.
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 am

Aleks wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 am
It's like they have some kind of clown on their team who is purposely trying to sabotage this line. I seriously don't know what to think about this anymore. Some (well, most) decisions the SW team makes just doesn't make any sence. The most annoying thing is that people who have contacts with this team and ask questions don't try to influence it in any way, put more pressure.
I'm more wondering about how the supposed re-release of Rex saw the light of day in the first place. The ONLY people to mention it in any semi-official capacity were some retailers, weren't they? Hasbro never mentioned it, never announced it, and never produced it.

I think someone somewhere got their wires crossed when the Bad Batch Rex was being made and it sort of flourished from there and somehow became an item in retailer ordering systems. That's gotta be the explanation.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 am

I think they just realized that Rex is a deluxe figure and they shouldn't be selling him for non deluxe prices. The other figures were probably just underproduced.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:21 am

MickJohnson wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 am
I'm more wondering about how the supposed re-release of Rex saw the light of day in the first place. The ONLY people to mention it in any semi-official capacity were some retailers, weren't they? Hasbro never mentioned it, never announced it, and never produced it.

I think someone somewhere got their wires crossed when the Bad Batch Rex was being made and it sort of flourished from there and somehow became an item in retailer ordering systems. That's gotta be the explanation.
What you are suggesting is fraud. That retailers wished into being a product they knew Hasbro had no intention of producing and then took money for it? That sounds more plausible to you than Hasbro making yet another and another after another boneheaded decision in regards to the management of this line, and what characters to re-release?

Hasbro truly does care this little for their retail partners and their customers that they would hang both out to dry.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”