Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:10 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 pm
Pretty sure Rex got demoted again when he, yknow, stopped being a part of the whole organization. The title is probably more of a reaction, what they're used to calling him. I haven't watched bad batch yet, but I'm guessing he didn't sign up with the Empire. So he shouldn't hold any official title anymore.
Interestingly, it’s canon that he served with the Rebel Alliance at the Battle of Endor and had been promoted to commander among their ranks by that time.
Yup. They even retconned some rando from RotJ into him years ago, which is kinda funny. You get to watch him sign up in Rebels. That's why I kinda figured he never joined the Empire.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MickJohnson
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 pm

If you're referring to the old guy with the beard, he was canonised as Nik Sant. The name is adapted from Saint Nick, as he could look like Santa Claus! Dave Filoni considered turning him into Rex but eventually decided against it.

There's no incredibly solid source for Rex's involvement at Endor apart from the mention in the final episode of Rebels, and no visual reference except for the very opening shot from the Galaxy of Adventures story, Ewoks vs. Empire - Small But Mighty on YouTube. As you can see he is still sporting his beaten up old clone armour.

Thinking about the character, it's entirely possible that by the time of Endor, Rex and Boba Fett are the only remaining clones of Jango Fett still alive in the galaxy. I wonder if they will ever get to meet each other or form an alliance.
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Filoni himself said at one of the Celebration panels that IF you want to see him as Rex then you can. They have not definitively confirmed it was him or not, but between Filoni's teasing, Rebel's concept art with Rex in Endor gear, and like you mentioned the very end montage with a certain character saying he helped fight the Empire? AND THEN you have Galaxy of Adventures teasing it, too? I'm going to think it's him until I'm told otherwise.

But the fact that they are being intentionally ambiguous means that they want it both ways. Fine by me.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:21 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
As you can see he is still sporting his beaten up old clone armour.

Is it his clone armor or Scout armor? Nik Sant was the guy who put on the captured Scout armor after they took the bunker the first time. When they're captured, you can see him among the rebels.

Darth_Drakonis
Customized

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
If you're referring to the old guy with the beard, he was canonised as Nik Sant. The name is adapted from Saint Nick, as he could look like Santa Claus! Dave Filoni considered turning him into Rex but eventually decided against it.

There's no incredibly solid source for Rex's involvement at Endor apart from the mention in the final episode of Rebels, and no visual reference except for the very opening shot from the Galaxy of Adventures story, Ewoks vs. Empire - Small But Mighty on YouTube. As you can see he is still sporting his beaten up old clone armour.

Thinking about the character, it's entirely possible that by the time of Endor, Rex and Boba Fett are the only remaining clones of Jango Fett still alive in the galaxy. I wonder if they will ever get to meet each other or form an alliance.
Massive respect to Dave Feloni for not changing the canon for his character. Its nice to have a few people in charge of this franchise who still respect the lore.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 pm

It’s still annoying that this gets brought up because Filoni went around saying that was him before he cooled off on the idea.

Pretty sure he only cooled off on it because he’s got plans for future old man Rex stories.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:35 am

Yeah well he’s Rex to me until new stories are told that don’t fit well with that head cannon.

On another note. GameStop sent me Q9-0

Another cool insect looking robot! Moves wonderfully. Gotta always get those hyper dynamic poses like comic book covers. He can also hit those much more casual poses too.

Nice amount of paint. It’s like a mixed bag. No paint on legs. The hip is a different color grey plastic to give variety. Paint on arms and upper torso. So it looks weathered on the top. Some wires painted. Paint on the harness ti give definition. Paint on handle of Boba Fett style rifle. Looks a bit shorter on barrel but that may be perception.

Pretty sweet additional the Mando shelf.

Manufacturers protocol dictates that I am the inferior warrior droid figure… I must self destruct…

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:57 am

What bugs me about it is that if Nik Sant is Rex, then he goes down to Endor with someone named Luke Skywalker, and as far as we know Luke and Rex never interact. Hearing the name Skywalker should be something Rex is curious about.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
What bugs me about it is that if Nik Sant is Rex, then he goes down to Endor with someone named Luke Skywalker, and as far as we know Luke and Rex never interact. Hearing the name Skywalker should be something Rex is curious about.
That's a great point. I never liked it just because it's change, probably, but this is a far better reason.
MickJohnson
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:20 am

I just go off of whatever Wookiepedia says about Rex and Nik Sant. There is distinct differentiation between the two characters. Any lingering ambiguity was caused by Filoni, and he has since changed his stance. As other replies have suggested, maybe there is going to be a focus of some sort on Rex’s involvement on Endor in a future production. Could be in a comic book, could be animated, could be live action. Either way, it does mean the possibility of new action figures!
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:21 am

Messing with Q9-0 more just makes me want Burg, Xi’an, and triple gun Mayfeld more. I would like some Twi’leks and Devaronians in black series form.

I know they will do Mudtrooper disguise Mayfeld first…but it will give us a head to slap on another figure body.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:30 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Kind of like when R2 is in an X-Wing with Luke and the readout never says, "Did I tell you I flew with your dad? He was kind of a dick."
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:23 am

Personally I really like Rex = Nik Sant. It's one of those retroactive details that tie everything else together. It's not like Sant had any real character that's being overwritten either, he's literally just a guy who looked like Santa Claus.

As far as Rex's pauldron, there's a super easy solution. If you've managed to get a Shock trooper commander, one of their pauldrons should fit on Rex without issue, leaving you with just a regular trooper. Painting the red to blue should be super simple even for a novice customizer.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Shop Disney finally got the POTF2 figures. shipping cost ended up being $3 dollars less than on Pulse, and I gotta save where I can so I cancelled and ordered with Disney. The only one I want is Greedo.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:33 pm
Shop Disney finally got the POTF2 figures. shipping cost ended up being $3 dollars less than on Pulse, and I gotta save where I can so I cancelled and ordered with Disney. The only one I want is Greedo.
Hahah, I did the exact same thing. Pulse kiiiiiinda sucks.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”