Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Speaking of Boba, he finally appeared at my local Walmart today.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Hasbro knows there is insane demand for the new Fett looks. They’ll give us this Nomad first as it’s probably the the least wanted version. Then They’ll give us the version when he first suits and takes out all the stormies. Finally they’ll give us the rearmored version, likely for Book of Boba Fett. I have no doubt we’ll se all three - especially when two should practically be repaints of each other.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Hasbro knows there is insane demand for the new Fett looks. They’ll give us this Nomad first as it’s probably the the least wanted version. Then They’ll give us the version when he first suits and takes out all the stormies. Finally they’ll give us the rearmored version, likely for Book of Boba Fett. I have no doubt we’ll se all three - especially when two should practically be repaints of each other.
Don't forget, 1 of the 3 will be a Target exclusive.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
All three can share parts, but if they do the Tragedy Fett then simply repaint it for The Believer version, I'll be really disappointed.

The armor vest is totally different, particularly the shoulders where the armor attaches. Also the armor attaches on the vest like the OT suits with the first one, but on the sleeve for the second. (The Tragedy suit doesn't have the short, mid-bicep sleeve either.) The collar is also a little different. So, different torso and upper arms. The belt is also totally different, which will probably be a separate piece anyway. In The Tragedy, he has only one piece of 'knee' armor (which is now on his shin), and in only one shot (the only shot that draws attention to the knees, so a lot of people assume this is always true) he has dart launchers on both sides of that 'knee'. The piece of sash that hangs over his right leg, on either side of his holster, is tattered on the ends in The Tragedy but new in The Believer onward, so that would have to be different also but again, like the belt, probably a separate piece anyway.

Jetpack*, head, feet, thighs, and forearms and hands can be the same between those versions. They can take the Nomad version and give him new forearms, torso, alternate head, and one new lower leg to do The Tragedy version.
*I know you see the multicolored jetpack in the background on Slave One immediately after seeing him for the first time in his repainted armor, and people want to take that to mean he has two jetpacks but I would assume it's a production error. The repainted armor with the green jetpack still has the repair patch on it and is likely meant to be the same jetpack. Also in that scene, when he is in the pilot seat, Boba is wearing the belt from the previous episode, but has the new belt in all other scenes. Likely as pickup shot done weeks apart and they grabbed which ever jetpack and belt they saw. He also has the beat up Tragedy helmet in The Rescue when Koska throws him into the table just for that stunt moment.

I know it makes sense for them to release the repainted figure around the release of Book of Boba Fett, but...
Spoiler! :
I expect his appearance to change at least a little bit when the series starts. Boba Fett has never looked the same from appearance to appearance, with the exception of The Believer/The Rescue (unless you count the stunt armor, which I won't). But they've also hinted that it will show other periods of his life, so something akin to the 1313 design could yield a figure, a new take on the ESB suit, and I fully expect him to end the season with a totally new look.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Today has just been my lucky toy day. The Target Kenobi showed up on my doorstep after I managed to get a win earlier this week playing Target roulette with the app and website. I really like this character design. I skipped the previous armored look he had with the soft goods as I didn't like how it came out. My only complaint would be for the $24.99 (err, $26.49) price point, a couple more accessories would be nice. Nothing too crazy, maybe a force push hand and a blaster or something. Can't believe this is actually my first SWB Kenobi. I'm sure more will come when they do figures for his D+ show.

This morning I also saw the Bad Batch wave and got the Elite Squad Trooper just cause I'm a sucker for dark variant troopers.Image
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:58 am

I wish I could find the Bad Batch wave. Still need Crosshair.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:21 am

Someone on reddit was saying that Captain Rex in disguise from the latest episode of the Bad Batch is coming to the Black Series based on the image on the side of Wrecker's packaging.

I wonder if they'll use the new body for him of if it'll just be a repack with a new plastic overlay.
MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:16 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:24 pm
Don't forget, 1 of the 3 will be a Target exclusive.
And they will only ship five of them, three of which will be bought by scalpers, and the other two bought by scalpers who just want to justify their actions with a long forum post.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:52 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:05 am
NorrinRadd wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:06 pm
Prophet924 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:01 am
How many are buying Galen to get a head for MCU Doc Strange villain?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Le Chiffre
Hannibal Lecter

That Galen head is actually a great starting point for many potential custom figures.
Exactly what I'm getting it for. Putting that Galen head on a Marvel Legends suit body so that I can have a Hannibal figure from the TV show. I can actually see them making Kaecilius in the near future. It's a glaring omission from the MCU figure collection.
MarvelElite
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Manage to grab 2 obi wans on the target app this morning. Looks like my local Targets also were finally going to have Obi Wan come in because he was available for in store pick up too.
Desaevious
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:45 pm

MarvelElite wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:45 pm
Manage to grab 2 obi wans on the target app this morning. Looks like my local Targets also were finally going to have Obi Wan come in because he was available for in store pick up too.
Here to report the same, got a ship to store order in. It says some are in stock locally too but I won't beat the scalpers due to being in-office today. The quest is complete!
Darth_Drakonis
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:14 pm

I got Echo online this morning. Finally done with that set... now on to finding a Baroness, Cobra Trooper, and Beachhead to complete my GI Joe Classified collection.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Snagged Echo about 2 weeks ago for ship-to-store and just now got him in hand. Kept getting delayed and no shipping updates. Was worried they'd end up canceling him on me, but thankfully they didn't. He's a standout figure for sure, and probably the best way to end my pursuit. Was he worth the wait? I'd say so. Was all this worth all the stress? Not really, and I'm so glad it's finally over. But if Target actually learned anything from this and makes future drops easier, maybe I'll forgive (hey, a guy can dream, right?).
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:24 pm

OT/random question: would anyone be able to take a photo of a battle droid next to a standard ML (Bucky Cap or Reaper bodies)?
dcucfan
CROM!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Nabbed Anakin this morning on the app. Had Obi-Wan in my cart and my payment running and nope, gone. From the jaws and all that.

Frustration aside, the app does work…eventually.

Edit: Fourth time is the charm! Finally got Obi after getting stuck on three spinning payment wheels. From this morning it looks like they release a batch roughly every 30 minutes, though who knows for how long. Now fingers crossed they actually process.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”