Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:36 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:51 pm
I’m at Disneyworld right now and picked up the Droid Factory set with the multi-arm Astromech gondolier from Mando S1. Expensive but so far the only collectible I’ve bought.
Got around to opening the Mandalorian droid set. The dark one seems like a brick. It has no limbs, so no real articulation aside from pegs that allow it to come apart like the other build a droids. The two Astromechs have unique head sculpts I’ve never seen before, so that’s cool. The gondolier droid is crazy. It’s like twice the height of an average 4” figure. Has a ton of articulation, but falls apart really easily. I paid $50 for the set, which I suppose is average nowadays, but still feels expensive for what you get.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:53 am

Which Boba Fett is better - the Target Morak Boba Fett or the "boxed" "deluxe" Boba Fett with the two helmets?

They are pretty much the same except for the skirts, it seems? I've gotten both on sales but I'm not a Boba fan so I don't think I need both - but I can't see one of them.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 am

I'd say the BoBF version is the better offering, and I think you'd probably be able to get it for a way better price now than the $27 bucks I paid when it came out.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:05 am

The "deluxe" one should have different legs. More form fitting pants were used instead of the really baggy ones, in the show. The figure should reflect that. But I don't have it to actually tell. I do really like the Target one, after I fixed all the loose pieces floating on him. It's one of the best smaller scale figures I've gotten recently. He just has an issue holding his rifle. But I'm guessing the "deluxe" one would too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nik
CROM!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:32 am

The one that came with the Stormtrooper helmets is my favorite Boba Fett action figure of all time. I did not expect that to be the case when I ordered him. I liked the show, but my TVC ROTJ Boba seemed impossible to beat, especially since after watching the show, his new design didn't really wow me. Until I got the "deluxe" figure in hand. Then all of the sudden, I'm mentally grappling with the fact that I like this Boba design more than the original.

That doesn't make any sense.

The original Boba design is one of the coolest designs in the history of designing things. But my brain would not let it go. I couldn't lie to myself, I love the new design significantly more than the old one, even allowing for nostalgia to influence my feelings, I still prefer the new look. Maybe it's the new colors, because black has been my favorite color since at least Kindergarten, and adding the coolest color to what is arguably the coolest character in the Star Wars universe makes for an explosion of coolness.

It's honestly just the whole package, classic Boba Fett up top with Halloween pants down under. What's not to love? Oh right, the price. Yeah, try to get him on sale, if you can. I got him for 20 bucks, which is still too much, but at this point he's pretty much priceless to me.
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:08 am

Quick question - what is the site that sells the TVC loose? They get figures in early from box sets etc. I cannot remember the site to save my life.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:20 am

I think you're asking about tunghori right? https://www.tunghori.com/
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:28 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:20 am
I think you're asking about tunghori right? https://www.tunghori.com/
That’s it! Thank you!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:37 am

Thanks for the Boba-pinions, everyone! I think I'm going to keep the boxed one instead.
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:23 am

I now kinda want a Rogue One Andor, but not if it's got the bad hips.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:36 pm

I'm debating trying to track down an Antoc Merrick X-Wing versuis just buying the figure separately.

I really don't want or need another OT X-Wing, but I hate to pay as much as the whole set at retail for just the figure.

And all this because I got his damn astromech..... I'm hopeless lol
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:11 pm

supermonkey wrote:
I'm debating trying to track down an Antoc Merrick X-Wing versuis just buying the figure separately.

I really don't want or need another OT X-Wing, but I hate to pay as much as the whole set at retail for just the figure.

Don’t know what the shipping is like to where you are.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-action-figu ... 14713.html
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:06 pm

My 1:18 purchases have dwindled over the years, but I had eyed that Antoc Merrick X-Wing all last holiday season. I waited and waited and eventually grabbed it for half price. I still haven't even opened it. But I did get that Astromech to go with it. I just have so few other Rogue One figures to go with it.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:06 pm

FYI the helmets of the rebel soldier (echo base) are removable so head swaps are possible. The pegs are a bit smaller than the rebel fleet troopers but it’s doable.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:10 pm

Benedict wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:11 pm
supermonkey wrote:

Don’t know what the shipping is like to where you are.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-action-figu ... 14713.html
Had it in my cart with Zavvi and waited too long. Out of stock.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”