Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:29 pm

Wicket (40th Ann.):

Andor wave:

Bix:

Luthen:

Mon Mothma:

Cassian:

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:31 pm

Yup. First time Axe and Andor/B2EMO have been offered docsilence :)

But I know just what you mean. I wish they'd just put entire Waves up to pre order at THE SAME TIME. We already have had the opportunity to pre order everyone in the Axe Woves Wave, except Axe.

And Now, we have the chance to pre order everyone in the Andor figure Wave, except the final figure which will be a video game character (either Bastilla or Malak). I'd just love to be able to pre order and secure a Wave all at once.

Still, lots of cool stuff today, but I was hoping to see Bastilla, Malak, and Ki Adi Mundi renders or figures since they have all been announced.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:13 am

They really struggled to feign enthusiasm for the ROTJ repacks, I get the feeling they dislike having to repack figures that came out a year ago. It was a year ago that endor box set right?
Evil Monkey Pope
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:51 am

I love that we're finally getting Wicket in the Black Series & hate the price gouging.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:11 am

Only ordered wicket and axe trying to only get figures I absolutely need for black series but I can’t wait for the updated R2 and cad bane
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:48 am

That Mon Mothma is beautiful and why they need to ditch soft goods on a lot of figures.

We need some Queen Amidalas like yesterday.

We have almost every single Leia but only one Padme.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:50 am

Y'know, the repacks are probably boring, but I remember first getting into SWBS late and seeing Han, R2, and a few other core characters only available for like, nearly 100 bucks on eBay. I think the repacks are really healthy for the line to keep new people buying, even as the rest of us are like "gimme more NEW STUFF!" I hope the repacks help keep the line going strong so we finally get those ancillary characters we're still waiting for. (Right now I'm hoping they do repacks of Season 1 Bad Batch for all the folks who got ganked waiting on those shorted preorders the vendors got saddled with.)

Thanks for confirming, Super Camel - nothing like trying to place a fast preorder while also scanning my previous purchases to make sure I haven't already bought them... Now I'm also trying to figure out the difference between the exclusive and the standard release Andor himself, like, is it the exact same figure? (Ordered both as a precaution, but that's one I won't feel guilty about canceling.)
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:42 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:28 pm
Still no Black Series Slave Leia... and its getting embarrassing at this point
Prepare to be embarrassed for a long time my brother, because it ain't happening.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:53 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:51 am
I love that we're finally getting Wicket in the Black Series & hate the price gouging.
It's as low as I could have hoped for.......I GUESS that's a positive? I saw a Jawa from one of the TV shows priced at $28 the other day, I was worried they were going there.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:52 am

I have no real issue with the repacks, but them not offering as much new stuff alongside them is really disappointing.

Also, no speeder bike? Really? That and Slave Leia are two of my grails and while I get why Leia might not get released, no bike? I say again: really?
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:14 am

Where was all this clamoring for Slave Leia 7 years ago when she was warming the pegs so hard she made the news because some uptight parent only saw that inappropriate Leia in the aisle. https://www.themarysue.com/slave-outfit-leia-toy/
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:39 am

I think people want an update, not the original repacked. Or, if nothing else, at least new paint on the head and a new skirt that doesn't fray and look like shit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:57 am

docsilence wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:50 am
Y'know, the repacks are probably boring, but I remember first getting into SWBS late and seeing Han, R2, and a few other core characters only available for like, nearly 100 bucks on eBay. I think the repacks are really healthy for the line to keep new people buying, even as the rest of us are like "gimme more NEW STUFF!" I hope the repacks help keep the line going strong so we finally get those ancillary characters we're still waiting for. (Right now I'm hoping they do repacks of Season 1 Bad Batch for all the folks who got ganked waiting on those shorted preorders the vendors got saddled with.)

Thanks for confirming, Super Camel - nothing like trying to place a fast preorder while also scanning my previous purchases to make sure I haven't already bought them... Now I'm also trying to figure out the difference between the exclusive and the standard release Andor himself, like, is it the exact same figure? (Ordered both as a precaution, but that's one I won't feel guilty about canceling.)
Exact same Cassian figure, may be the only way to get B2-EMO though.

The hunter and crosshair reissues probably got cancelled so they could use the moulds for the season 2 repaints. The wait for season 1 might be a while, unless they do a box set or archive wave in a year.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:26 pm

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:54 pm
Wicket and the Andor wave figures all look superb. Kind of a lackluster panel though. Pipeline stuff sounds promising but it's like we won't see anything until next summer. I was hoping for a RotJ Rebel soldier.

ROTJ Rebel Soldier was announced in a previous event as a Pipeline figure. It is going to be a deluxe release though.

I don't know why they didn't re-cap all of the previous Pipeline releases. I was reading some of the comments during the event and there was a lot of disappointment that a BOBF Black Krrsantan was not being made, but he too was revealed previously as a Pipeline release.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:52 pm

I'm sure it'll be coming eventually, but I'm surprised that they haven't announced a new Jabba set for the ROTJ anniversary. The focus seems to be on Endor for now, and that's cool, but I hope they don't forget about the first part of the movie too (3rd release of Skiff Lando not withstanding). I missed the first Jabba set, and it's going for yucky prices last I looked. I'm sure they'll throw something together like they did for the Wampa a few years back- a retro style card and maybe throw in Salacious or make it a box set with those 2 plus Bib. Not sure if they'd be brave enough to throw in the hookah thing anymore. My collection needs a big fat slug, darnit!

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”

Recent Topics