Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:06 am

Retailers aren't allowed to solicit things without Hasbro's permission. They'd get in serious trouble. And have in some cases. They know ahead of time what stuff is allowed to go up for preorder, but aren't allowed to do it until Hasbro gives the go ahead. If Hasbro didn't plan on doing these rereleases, the online retailers would've never put up the pages. Its 100% a Hasbro take backsy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:17 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 am

I'm more wondering about how the supposed re-release of Rex saw the light of day in the first place. The ONLY people to mention it in any semi-official capacity were some retailers, weren't they? Hasbro never mentioned it, never announced it, and never produced it.

I think someone somewhere got their wires crossed when the Bad Batch Rex was being made and it sort of flourished from there and somehow became an item in retailer ordering systems. That's gotta be the explanation.
Hasbro has re-released figures several times and doesn't announce it. They tell online retailers, who order more, and put them up for pre-order. I can remember a few examples: Cad Bane, Cara Dune (though they cancelled that one too), and several Exclusives like the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:21 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 am
I think they just realized that Rex is a deluxe figure and they shouldn't be selling him for non deluxe prices. The other figures were probably just underproduced.
Haha! This is probably the most realistic explanation I've seen :lol:
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 pm

Got Sev yesterday with no email notification. Nice surprise. I gotta say, I know these commando figures are pretty basic, but I love them. There's a toyetic simplicity to Sev and Boss I just really enjoy. Looking forward to getting the rest of the crew soon.

Also also was able to find the Walmart exclusive Clone Wars figures recently. Love the color palette on the arc trooper even if he is a repaint of a figure I've got more than one of.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 pm

Nerdzoic (who owns an online store) posted an interesting video about the cancelations and how it hurts small businesses.

The Cliff notes:

1) A lot of figures were canceled: Captain Rex, Hunter, Crosshair, Assajj Ventress, Cad Bane, Stormtrooper, and For the 3.75" Vintage Collection: Boba Fett, Imperial Royal Guard, and The Armorer.

2) Rex was re-solicited by Hasbro as little as 2-weeks ago, only to be canceled.

3) He wonders if it has to do with the plastic free packaging Hasbro is going with. This was speculation on his part. EDIT: He mentioned in another video that the reason given by Hasbro was because they are so behind in production and want to reduce the 14 month production schedule. That is the silver lining.

4) This really hurts his business as it affects cash flow. He charges for pre-orders up front, and now has to refund thousands of dollars worth of orders. In order to help offset this his store is offering its pre-order customers 3 options: Refund, store credit with a free shipping coupon to be used later, or choose two in stock figures instead.

5) He is not a fan of Hasbro's distribution (where they say something is coming out in a year, and the Surprise! it comes out 6 months earlier). He applauds McFarlane on how well they distribute their merchandise, and says it comes out when they say it will.

6) He thinks these figures will be released again at sometime. In different packaging or deco (I'm thinking Archive). But they will cost a few dollars more.

7) He is worried that some Marvel Legends reprints might be cancelled too, like Spider-Man 2099 and in another video he mentioned Sandman. Not to cause alarm yet, he's just worried about them.

Heres a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25JHw2IjiSs
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 pm

docsilence wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 pm
Got Sev yesterday with no email notification. Nice surprise. I gotta say, I know these commando figures are pretty basic, but I love them. There's a toyetic simplicity to Sev and Boss I just really enjoy. Looking forward to getting the rest of the crew soon.

Also also was able to find the Walmart exclusive Clone Wars figures recently. Love the color palette on the arc trooper even if he is a repaint of a figure I've got more than one of.
Nice docsilence! They're not the most accurate figures, but I like the commandos too.

Gamestop cancelled my Sev order. Their reason was "couldnt process payment", which is odd since I paid it in full with gift cards when I ordered it. after three unanswered emails to their customer service over the last week, I decided to bite the bullet and wait on hold for a human being.

They got on after an hour of hold, and told me that you cant place pre-orders with gift cards, which is very strange since I've been doing it sucessfully for years now lol. She was able to place a new order for Sev, so It's all good now, but damn hat was really stupid!

Sev is in stock right now at a discount by the way for anyone looking for him:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/f ... 25789.html
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 pm
Nerdzoic (who owns an online store) posted an interesting video about the cancelations and how it hurts small businesses.

The Cliff notes:

1) A lot of figures were canceled: Captain Rex, Hunter, Crosshair, Assajj Ventress, Cad Bane, Stormtrooper, and For the 3.75" Vintage Collection: Boba Fett, Imperial Royal Guard, and The Armorer.

2) Rex was re-solicited by Hasbro as little as 2-weeks ago, only to be canceled.

3) He wonders if it has to do with the plastic free packaging Hasbro is going with. This was speculation on his part. EDIT: He mentioned in another video that the reason given by Hasbro was because they are so behind in production and want to get reduce the 14 month production schedule. That is the silver lining.

4) This really hurts his business as it affects cash flow. He charges for pre-orders up front, and now has to refund thousands of dollars worth of orders. In order to help offset this his store is offering its pre-order customers 3 options: Refund, store credit with a free shipping coupon to be used later, or choose two in stock figures instead.

5) He is not a fan of Hasbro's distribution (where they say something is coming out in a year, and the Surprise! it comes out 6 months earlier). He applauds McFarlane on how well they distribute their merchandise, and says it comes out when they say it will.

6) He thinks these figures will be released again at sometime. In different packaging or deco (I'm thinking Archive). But they will cost a few dollars more.

7) He is worried that some Marvel Legends reprints might be cancelled too, like Spider-Man 2099 and in another video he mentioned Sandman. Not to cause alarm yet, he's just worried about them.

Heres a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25JHw2IjiSs
This is not even sad...just pathetic coming from company this big.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:20 pm

Im not sure I buy that from Hasbro. They put their stuff on a 14 month schedule, but everything is released way earlier at random dates. It's never truly been a 14 month schedule, except maybe for the Haslab projects.

Maybe it's just a sign of a deeper disconnect that they dont even really seem to be able to project their own production schedules? I know supply chain issues will come up, but in light of other similar companies seeming to handle it, I'm not sure I buy that as an excuse anymore either.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 pm

I spotted the wave with Endor Leia, Reva, Vader and Jawa from Obi-Wan at a local Target today. After I walked away someone came behind me and grabbed Reva, so she's apparently not as hated as the internet would have you believe ( :wink: ).
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:37 am

You don't know what that person plans to do with the figure...

:)

Hasbro cancelling the figures because they are months behind in their production schedule sounds like a legitimate answer - but they should have announced this a year ago? Aren't all of those reissues well-past their advertised dates? They would have known months ago they weren't going ahead with re-runs.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:24 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 pm
I got a reply from Dorkside when I inquired that they also expect Rex to be cancelled, they are just waiting on firm confirmation from Hasbro. Until then they said they'll keep the order open just in case.

I wonder why someone would intentionally sabotage the line. It's confusing, but highly possible. Like the Black K figure. "Who wants Black K? Everyone? Alright, let's put out a shitty too small repaint with some Masters of the Universe Armor in a comic box and charge $5 more. Think people will mind? Ahh who cares, they'll still buy it." I can just imagine Palpatine being behind it all and chuckling. "Good, good."

Well, that is unfortunate because that is where I have my preorder. I still have my Hascon exclusive Rex I bought years ago mint in box. I wanted a second one because it would have better face printing. Maybe Rex will be released in the archive line hopefully on the updated clone body?
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:18 am

madflava wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
I got a reply from Dorkside when I inquired that they also expect Rex to be cancelled, they are just waiting on firm confirmation from Hasbro. Until then they said they'll keep the order open just in case.

I wonder why someone would intentionally sabotage the line. It's confusing, but highly possible. Like the Black K figure. "Who wants Black K? Everyone? Alright, let's put out a shitty too small repaint with some Masters of the Universe Armor in a comic box and charge $5 more. Think people will mind? Ahh who cares, they'll still buy it." I can just imagine Palpatine being behind it all and chuckling. "Good, good."

Well, that is unfortunate because that is where I have my preorder. I still have my Hascon exclusive Rex I bought years ago mint in box. I wanted a second one because it would have better face printing. Maybe Rex will be released in the archive line hopefully on the updated clone body?
I doubt they will update him if he is in the archive line I mean they didn’t update Cody at all when they did him.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 am

I bit the bullet and picked up Jabba on eBay today. The worst part about this is that I passed him up on clearance at Walmart years ago thinking he would take up too much room on my limited shelf space at the time. The one thing that made me feel better is that I picked up Clone War Grievous on eBay as well for a few bucks over the original retail and free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:54 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:
madflava wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

I doubt they will update him if he is in the archive line I mean they didn’t update Cody at all when they did him.
Yea if Rex gets an Archive he will be the same figure, only maybe with face printing if he didn't have it before. Cody didn't even get an unhelmeted head alteration, which could've been fairly easy if they just made the head swappable instead of helmet removable and then tweaked the Wolfe head a bit. I'm honestly surprised they did anything to Leia in the Boush outfit. And I still have my reservations about it considering, from the sounds of it, they half assed it. But as I don't have the new one, I can't really tell yet. I'll determine how much of an improvement it is when I see it, and determine then if I'll buy it.

joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:22 pm

CO_Alex wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:22 am
I bit the bullet and picked up Jabba on eBay today. The worst part about this is that I passed him up on clearance at Walmart years ago thinking he would take up too much room on my limited shelf space at the time.

I've been tempted to pick one up, but I know as soon as I do, Hasbro will announce a re-release for next year, especially now that they've released the Monkey Lizard elsewhere. I don't expect more than a boxset of Jabba and Salacious, but I wouldn't turn down a more deluxe set with an additional (hopefully new) character.

Found the Show-bi Wan wave at Target. Must have gotten there right as they were put out because I snagged all the ones I needed. Definitely more love for Reva than is apparent, because after I snagged them, two guys came and looked through the pegs and were disappointed she was gone. Can't wait for the Grand Inquisitor and Fourth Sister. I love the look of the Inquisitors, and it'll be nice to have all of them and Trilla together.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”