Haslab Rancor

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reefer Shark
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Haslab Rancor

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm
The Joe team just showed up the Star Wars team how to do a Haslab reveal. Full paint rendering, grey sample model in studio, and revealed all tiers and the amounts needed for them. Even a packaging mock up! What a mic drop!
Hah, true that! The disparities between different brands at Hasbro can be puzzling indeed. lol
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm
The Joe team just showed up the Star Wars team how to do a Haslab reveal. Full paint rendering, grey sample model in studio, and revealed all tiers and the amounts needed for them. Even a packaging mock up! What a mic drop!
How can that be possible? — "This is a crowdfund. The entire point of crowdfunding is to get the capital up front to build the molds and materials to make the figure.

"It would completely defeat the purpose of crowdfunding if they had one already made."

You'd think the best people would be on one of the biggest brands at Hasbro. Clearly that's not the case.

And the heavily discounted Hyper-Real Darth Vader I bought at Ollie's yesterday tells me it's been an ongoing issue.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:40 pm

It almost seems like they are experimenting. All cards on the table vs minimum known info. We knew of the Rancor for months but the Skystriker was a total surprise. A great price point for the Joe item and a littler higher price point for the Star Wars one. I wonder if all of that is intentional for study purposes or just how each team chose to go about it.
thewyldman
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:27 pm

Sky Striker will probably pass the rancor tonight
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 am

Good. That might motivate the Star Wars team to slip us a few more details. Imagine how putting all the cards on the table sells the item better when everyone can better judge if it will ultimately be of value to them instead of playing these childish reveals as they go. Mic drop > trickles.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:05 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 am
Good. That might motivate the Star Wars team to slip us a few more details. Imagine how putting all the cards on the table sells the item better when everyone can better judge if it will ultimately be of value to them instead of playing these childish reveals as they go. Mic drop > trickles.
I completely agree with this.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:01 pm

The Skystriker passed the Rancor this morning. Maybe that will lead to some stretch goal reveals. I can't see any reason to keep them a secret.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:27 pm

I’m just quietly smiling to myself about all the things that I was told were ridiculous ideas when Galactus was running, only to now see them being done by the same company the same year on a different project. Boy was I out to lunch.

I’m probably still going to pick this up, but man does it seem boring in comparison to the Joe project they just launched.
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:05 pm

You're right that it just feels boring. It's almost like they're taking it as a given that it's going to fund, and doing the bare minimum to promote. I haven't seen a single news article about it, which both the barge and Razorcrest had, it's about five slots down on the Hasbro Pulse frontpage, so it isn't even visible when you first click on the site. And when you do get to the product page, it's a grey colored figure on a black background in a museum pose. No shiny graphics, no action photos, not even a painted prototype. Obviously there's something to this strategy, as everything except Cookie Monster has funded. Still, it's really strange.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:41 am

this slowed down quite a bit already -- i wonder if they will show the first tier to gain some momentum? or if we wont see the first tier until it hits 9k.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 am

The Joe project could be better as well but it's also $120 dollars cheaper and I'm sure people finally want a big vehicle for that line.

I believe the Rancor will get funded but I feel it would be doing a tad faster if they just revealed all the tier unlocks. Personally I don't back these projects until the final day just because. But I'd love to know what the tiers are ahead of time.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:50 am

I plan to back it, but I was going to wait until December 1st to place an order. For one I want to know everything it comes with. I like to have as much information as possible. I would love to see what it looks like painted. I hope there are a few figures included, like OOLA, that I don't want and can sell to help mitigate the cost. It is a little expensive, but I've come to expect that from the Hasbro Star Wars team.

And two, I'm not sure if they charge right away (Even a temporary charge) and want to make sure I have the funds set aside in that account.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:59 am

Just adding to the chorus - I'm likely to back this already, but if they revealed the accompanying figures and announced them early I'd set it and forget it and back it right away. Especially if it's figures we're likely we'd never see at retail otherwise.

Honestly, and I know I'm weird for saying this, I would've been happy with a less pricy, limited articulation rancor similar to the large trolls in Mythic Legion (which are very expensive for the articulation they offer). I do love how Hasbro's been articulating non-human things though (animals in other waves, the Dewback, etc). Given how rapidly some of the bigger offerings in this line hit the discount, I guess their kickstarters are less "we need YOU to help us make this happen" and more "we are not making more of these than we know there is interest in," which just feels like a misnomer rather than a falsehood. I'd hem and haw over this price point if they called it a preorder instead of a kickstarter, too, for the exact same reasons.

We really do need a Jabba reissue of some kind with this on the horizon though. Get that sweet throne room set up going.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:10 am

I’m sure a Jabba reissue will happen by 2023. Hasbro is pretty good tying into Haslabs and anniversaries.
MickJohnson
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:54 am

EB Games in Australia is selling backer deposits for the rancor. Full price is $798 AUD.

The current exchange rate for $350 to AUD is $470. I dunno what drugs they’re on.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/toys ... ion-figure

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”