GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank $299.99 - FUNDED! Early Bird unlocked!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Upgrade one about to unlock…

Guesses for upgrade two?

I’m guessing battle damaged panels and blast effects.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:53 pm

Anybody read the promotional material on the Haslab page? There's an excerpt from Destro's journal that reads:
The recently-foiled machinations of Cobra Commander to melt the polar ice caps have severely impacted funding at M.A.R.S. (Military Armaments Research Systems) Industries. I have the plans, but not the means to produce an unstoppable fleet of armored vehicles that would surely crush the forces of G.I. Joe under its mighty treads. Out of his usual incessant prattling came the germ of an idea from Cobra Commander that may provide the necessary capital to make these designs a reality. His latest scheme is to appeal to the masses themselves and have them finance it for us. It is quite diabolical, actually, as I have found “a fool and his money are soon parted.”
Given how some people feel about Haslab pricing and even the fact that Hasbro is relying on crowdfunding, those last two sentences are way too meta.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:59 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:04 pm
Has any other Haslab project fully funded in less than 24 hours? Genuinely asking, I have never followed any closely except Unicron and Star Saber, and much as I love them they certainly did not.
No, this was the first to fund on day one. Also the first to unlock the first tier in under 24 hours.
kboe1313
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:08 pm

Blast effects is definitely gonna be a tier, Lenny hinted the HISS can tow something from the back. Whatever its towing will probably be another tier. I still hoping we get a third figure as a tier too.
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:18 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:31 am
Grundy wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:12 am
I've been trying to look for a pic in the web; What does the Cobra HISS Tactician look like?

Was there a version of him released in previous Joe lines? I can't seem to find what that trooper looks like

All I can seem to find is that pic Hasbro posted of a hiss tank driver in all gray/silver
It should be a fan vote after the campaign for one of those color schemes on the right.
Great find, I looked a bit yesterday and couldn't find anything. I'm hoping for the black/red look (or maybe it's blue/black?)!

Amazing campaign so far, big congrats to Emily and Lenny. I'll admit I'm not all that excited for the first tier reward but they aren't all going to be bangers. I just hope we get at least one more figure. If people's guesses of blast effects, battle damaged panels, and a tow-behind are accurate then I actually think this campaign is going to lose some steam. Of course, at the current pace we'll have unlocked everything by the end of the week so hopefully they'll add some more incentives. 40+ days of nothing new would really be a bummer after such an exciting start.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:26 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:18 pm
DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:31 am
Grundy wrote:
I've been trying to look for a pic in the web; What does the Cobra HISS Tactician look like?

Was there a version of him released in previous Joe lines? I can't seem to find what that trooper looks like

All I can seem to find is that pic Hasbro posted of a hiss tank driver in all gray/silver
It should be a fan vote after the campaign for one of those color schemes on the right.
Great find, I looked a bit yesterday and couldn't find anything. I'm hoping for the black/red look (or maybe it's blue/black?)!

Amazing campaign so far, big congrats to Emily and Lenny. I'll admit I'm not all that excited for the first tier reward but they aren't all going to be bangers. I just hope we get at least one more figure. If people's guesses of blast effects, battle damaged panels, and a tow-behind are accurate then I actually think this campaign is going to lose some steam. Of course, at the current pace we'll have unlocked everything by the end of the week so hopefully they'll add some more incentives. 40+ days of nothing new would really be a bummer after such an exciting start.
I'd argue that if peoples guesses are accurate, like they were with the missile pods, it would go a long way to making the price tag feel more worth it. The missile pods adds some beef to it and having a pull behind of some sort like a weapons platform are great value adds to the base Hiss. I'd love another figure too but at the same time, its not like there isn't tons of troopers for Cobra already available. Blast effects and battle damage are by far my least interested things but they feel standard for something like this so it isn't a negative to be to be a stretch goal.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:27 pm

kboe1313 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:08 pm
Blast effects is definitely gonna be a tier, Lenny hinted the HISS can tow something from the back. Whatever its towing will probably be another tier. I still hoping we get a third figure as a tier too.
Only things the vintage ever pulled were the ASP and the Sears exclusive came with a recolor of the joe missile launcher

Would prefer the asp but a towed missile platform the hiss technician can man would be cool too
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:39 pm

Late update:

HISS Tank - 10130/8000 FUNDED!!!!! Tier 1 reached!!!!! Now bring on the Tier 2 reveal. 126.63% of funding total with 46d 13h left.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:49 pm

So far for $300 we have the HISS Tank, 2 figures that will be boxed and numbered, and a set of missile pods/racks.

What could be next? I don't know but here are my updated guesses based on what we have seen so far, and what the Joe team did with the Skystriker.

Tier 2 - Accessory Pack - guns for the rack, blast effects, some kind of flag/banner/gonfalon for the turret area.

Tier 3 - Towable missile rack cart to go with the Tier 1 missile racks. Seriously how will they get on the battlefield outside of actually sticking them on the HISS itself? What better way to display them when not attached to the HISS?

Tier 4 - Another figure. Probably some version of Cobra Commander, but I don't know which one.

That's my current guesses anyway, and I would be happy with all of them if they happened. I think my expectation on a towable "vehicle" has come down quite a bit now, and I think something fairly basic that can carry the missile racks is more likely than a full MMS, and definitely not a chance of an ASP.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:56 pm

Grundy wrote:

The way they explained it is there were different color versions that Ron Rudat was looking at for the HISS driver, one of those is going to be the tactician chosen by backer vote. It's a driver recolor basically.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:59 pm

The missile rack unlock blows. We probably will get the skulls and bones with cobra logos on them.
Retroman!
I wish I had super powers

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:02 pm

Sorry if this already been amswered, but is the additional unlocked figure for everyone who preorders or only for the first 8000?

Sent via Tapatalk

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:04 pm

Retroman! wrote:
Sorry if this already been amswered, but is the additional unlocked figure for everyone who preorders or only for the first 8000?

Sent via Tapatalk
For everyone.
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:04 pm

Retroman! wrote:

Sent via Tapatalk
Everyone.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”