G.I. Joe Classified Tomax/Xamot & Stalker Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Tomax/Xamot & Stalker Wave

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:53 am

minitaur wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:55 am
JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:21 am
Nothing against anyone else who likes these individual threads for Classified figures, but do we really need to separate everything. Browsing a single thread is more enjoyable and less monotonous than trying to keep up with all these separately.
Personally I find it far less monotonous to have multiple threads because I’m not interested in being a completionist. I don’t want eyebrow cartoon destro. So if I can avoid that discussion by only going to individual threads on figures I want, that leads to more enjoyment of the forum.
Also a new person seeing a 500 page single thread is daunting. And there’s no great way on a web browser at least so skip to say, 2 weeks ago. You would have to go back a few pages at a time.
So instead we'll have 500 threads dedicated to individual figures. That's like saying "I don't want to have to sift through my messy filing cabinet so instead I'll have a filing cabinet dedicated for each folder. More's the better if you're into that, but it doesn't make sense to me how 8-10 different threads (with undoubtedly more in the offing) makes it easy for newcomers to keep up.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:03 am

I only made individual threads based on "waves", just like it is over in the Marvel section.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:09 am

I'm getting mixed messages. What side is Xamot's scar supposed to be on?
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:11 am

fletch137 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:09 am
I'm getting mixed messages. What side is Xamot's scar supposed to be on?
The vintage figure has it on the left;

https://www.3djoes.com/tomax--xamot.html
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:12 am

TheFallen wrote:
I only made individual threads based on "waves", just like it is over in the Marvel section.
Grouping legends by waves makes sense because of the amount of figures in legends waves, each wave having a distinct theme, and the sheer amount of waves released.

It would make more sense to have just made a thread for the Retro series since it is kind of separate and a thread for the Python Patrol and Tiger Force figures. General classified waves can just be discussed in the Classified thread.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:30 pm

The general Classified thread still exists; if people aren't interested in discussing specific waves, they can continue to post there, yeah?
The longer the classified line exists and the more it branches out, the more some people will find these kinds of threads useful, in the same way that there are a mix of general threads and wave/figure specific threads in the Marvel boards. Not every thread needs to appeal to every person, and that's okay.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm

After the figures were released and I heard people griping about the side that Xamot’s scar is on, I ended up doing my own due diligence and didn’t realize that the cartoon mirrored around their designs. Am I correct on that?
TheFallen wrote:
I like this more. I was never a fan of the Black Series thread with 600 pages to discuss everything. This will make it easier in the future to look up info for figures that may have already come and gone and it’s good to avoid discussion for things you’re not interested in. Which for me is Python/Tiger Patrol and the Viper set.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm

I was never into Tomax/Xamot as a kid so if there were a first mainline Classified figure I could pass on, it would be these. However, Hasbro tends to wow me with accessories in the Classified line, and I'm hoping they pull it off here. They will at least come with a couple daggers, evident from their sheathes, but I'm very curious what else is included. The originals came with small scoped rifles, almost like large pistols, so I'm guessing that's a given. Here's hoping Hasbro wins me over; I'm no completionist but I love these figures.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 pm

I think Stalker is the only one of this wave I'm gonna get, he's definitely one of my most wanted so I was very happy to see him announced.

Tomax and Xamot look nice, but they aren't characters I'm too familiar with and I'm not likely to be won over since their designs aren't that appealing to me.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:53 pm

I believe Classified Destro came with the gun which the RAH Crimson Twins came with, so I’d expect that same gun to come with the Classified Twins.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:53 pm
I believe Classified Destro came with the gun which the RAH Crimson Twins came with, so I’d expect that same gun to come with the Classified Twins.
Good catch; that looks right, to me.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:20 am

Boy Wonder wrote:After the figures were released and I heard people griping about the side that Xamot’s scar is on, I ended up doing my own due diligence and didn’t realize that the cartoon mirrored around their designs. Am I correct on that?
TheFallen wrote:
I like this more. I was never a fan of the Black Series thread with 600 pages to discuss everything. This will make it easier in the future to look up info for figures that may have already come and gone and it’s good to avoid discussion for things you’re not interested in. Which for me is Python/Tiger Patrol and the Viper set.
Cartoon people are just wrong… :lol:

Thank you. I prefer different threads especially ones they have pictures so it can be a quick reference.

I figure the main classified thread can be for rumours and what not.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:06 am

Yea i think its better to do threads based on 'waves' than having 600 pages of Classified figures. if the marvel section can do it we can too.
good idea Fallen. you can just subscribe to each wave, easy.
plus i was getting tired of everybody only talking about BATSsssssssssssssssssssss, ugh.
Grins
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
plus i was getting tired of everybody only talking about BATSsssssssssssssssssssss, ugh.
*knock-knock*
Can I talk to you today about our lord and savior, BATs?
They have flamethrowers!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Grins wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
*knock-knock*
Can I talk to you today about our lord and savior, BATs?
They have flamethrowers!
Ok, im willing to get baptized, im ready to be saved!
and accept Cobra as my all mighty.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”