G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:08 am

This thread is to discuss the Retro Card figures news and information.

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:19 am

Gung Ho is the only definite for me, I'l have to see the finished product before deciding on the others.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:29 am

As long as I can get them (if they turn out to be Wal-Mart exclusives, it will be difficult), I will probably get all of these. But the one I will get no matter what is Destro. I love that this figure has the eyebrows.

But it's a cool side set of Classifieds. Fun to get if you want and can, but close enough to the other Classified releases you can live without them.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:57 am

Slixta wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:19 am
Gung Ho is the only definite for me, I'l have to see the finished product before deciding on the others.
Same. Which means he'll also be the most sought after and probably impossible to find if he's a Walmart exclusive
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:28 am

I was just thinking today about which released figures I’m really not all that happy with and would like them to take a more classic swing at. I concluded its really only Scarlett and Firefly.

And I got to thinking just how surprised I am that they didn’t include Scarlett in this wave over Jaye. Maybe in a wave 2?

I’d also love Snake Eyes in all black suit with silver visor and gray web gear. I’ve thought about trying to get an exclusive SE just for this reason, but don’t want to drop that kind of money on a fix-up
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:34 am

The one I'm most surprised about is Lady Jaye, they literally just slapped makeup on her and bleached her clothes.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:46 am

Destro and Jaye are still pretty easy to find for me, might get Gung Ho for custom fodder but really I’m just happy about Baroness as there were zero coil cycle sets to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:15 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:28 am
I was just thinking today about which released figures I’m really not all that happy with and would like them to take a more classic swing at. I concluded its really only Scarlett and Firefly.

And I got to thinking just how surprised I am that they didn’t include Scarlett in this wave over Jaye. Maybe in a wave 2?

I’d also love Snake Eyes in all black suit with silver visor and gray web gear. I’ve thought about trying to get an exclusive SE just for this reason, but don’t want to drop that kind of money on a fix-up
I imagine they might be saving Scarlett as a completely new redo figure for wave 2. There's nothing worth saving with the old sculpt TBH.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:47 am

I’d like a redo of Firefly and Scarlet as well. With Firefly, I’m ok with the bomb jacket as I’ve grown accustomed to it, but I would like a sleeker look. With Scarlet, she needs double elbows and get rid of that weird vent things on the back of her boots.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:01 am

Lol, the bomb jacket is the only real gripe I have with him. I wish he had the camo underneath so I could just remove it and find some bandoliers to put on him.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:05 am

I hope I'm not wrong but I just can't see these as being Walmart exclusive. It seems counterproductive for Hasbro to release 2 figures of Baroness and both being a store exclusive.

I also want A new version of Firefly without the bomb vest. But I do still want the same headsculpt as I think that is inspired. If they do go with a new head then I at least want them to match the colours with the first version so we can mix and match.
WilliamVanGuile
CROM!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:28 am

I'll get destro once he's on the clearance aisle, other than him everyone's an easy buy.

gung ho is a must, baroness too, lady jaye, you can buy her just for the new head, and use the extra body for an extra female grunt, modified with a spare ML ladies head.

I'd like to see a duke without all the futuristic gear tho, and of course, a classic scarlett, just like how hasbro re do gung ho, not just paint firefly just need a different vest and accessories imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:02 am

Only one that interests me is Gung Ho. I have the Valaverse outfit preordered with BBTS so if unable to get the retro Gung Ho, it won't be too much of a problem.

Odd that they're going with Lady Jaye in the first wave because the Classified Series version is peg warming at every Walmart and Target I've been to.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:15 am

Would like a redux of Firefly as well. Never bought the EOD version.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 am

Of the reveals, the only one I'm certainly in for is Baroness. I need one since I missed the Cobra Island figure. Destro is a maybe since the one I bought had a faulty neck joint that I had to glue down. It would be nice to have one with functional articulation there.

As for potential future waves? I think I'd have a hard time saying no to a Snake Eyes with a silver visor. That's kind of a no-brainer right there. Firefly is another one I'd surely get. I already got the Cobra Island one and even replaced the bomb jacket with a slimmer vest, but you know what? I love Firefly, so I'm more than willing to buy a more classic inspired one too.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”