G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:23 pm

Well, Snake Eyes ($13.4M) finished 2nd to Old ($16.5M) in the box office totals. Maybe they'll hold the figures back until the blu ray release.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:04 pm

I think the marketing of the movie has been horrible. Nobody I know in my daily life even knew it existed until I mentioned it. A shame really as it’s easily the best Joe film to date. Certainly not perfect but easily something to work with that the previous installments just didn’t get. I’m afraid if this tanks we won’t see more films materialize now.

I realize hasbro is likely at the mercy of the other studios involved but surely everyone on the project realized the toy tie ins were key. They drive hype, the movie helps sell toys, etc. They are symbiotic at this point and if Paramount doesn’t understand that, they really shouldn’t have the franchise. They wouldn’t have pulled that with Transformers.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:23 pm

aceofknaves wrote:I, for one, really enjoyed the movie. Given where the story starts and stops, I found everything to be appropriate. Really great acting. The figure I want most coming out of the film is actually Akiko.
Yeah, I enjoyed the movie a lot, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:23 pm
Well, Snake Eyes ($13.4M) finished 2nd to Old ($16.5M) in the box office totals. Maybe they'll hold the figures back until the blu ray release.
Jeez, I thought Snake Eyes would finish #1. The trailer and commercials for that Old movie made it look like M.Night was back to making shitty movies again. I'm actually still excited to watch the Snake Eyes movie but I'm waiting for it to go streaming or Blu-ray (which ever comes first). Not quite ready to go into a theater yet.

I totally agree that toys have to be out and plentiful before the movie comes out. We see it with every Marvel movie these days. You get your biggest sales in the toy merch in the months/weeks before the movie's release date because the movie hype is always going to be at an all time high before anyone has seen it. Even if the movie sucks, people won't know yet and will still be driven by the trailer hype to buy the toys/figures.
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Old didn't exactly light the world on fire either. It's more successful because it was made for a fraction of the cost of Snake Eyes.

And I agree about the marketing. Was there even a real marketing push? I don't watch much network TV anymore and haven't really watched any sports in the past month or so, were there commercials that aired in the past couple of weeks? Anything during the NBA finals?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:28 am

People aren’t going to movies in general. Too many other options.

I didn’t like the film my first viewing but the second viewing I kind of dug it more. I walked away wanting more Henry Golding and Andrew Koji.

Still not buying the action figures. I think their film looks aren’t as good as the comic/classified looks. I do like Morning Light the sword…Is that a new thing or established in the comics? The name?

Akiko’s weapon is cool. Did they give her figure it? Scarlett is one I’m still tempted to buy.

Thwipp!

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm

Is anyone else unable to move their Dorkside preorder of Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes into the trash? I don't see the trash can symbol for those two figures. Nothing against the movie, I just decided to kill most of my Hasbro and Mattel preorders after last week. I think the only survivors were Rodimus, Slag, Rogue, Aurora Sing, BBQ, Breaker and Roadblock.
spy0070
pwns from home

G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 pm

Posted this in the Classified thread, but the Classified movie figures are showing up at Target now, although it came up as “pre-order unsellable” on the price check scanner. I passed anyways since I was able to order it for $5 from Amazon when the price was set that way.

legendkiller533
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:48 am

mrboshek wrote:
Is anyone else unable to move their Dorkside preorder of Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes into the trash? I don't see the trash can symbol for those two figures. Nothing against the movie, I just decided to kill most of my Hasbro and Mattel preorders after last week. I think the only survivors were Rodimus, Slag, Rogue, Aurora Sing, BBQ, Breaker and Roadblock.
I believe that means that they are in stock. You might have to email them asking them to be removed from your order.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm

legendkiller533 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:48 am
mrboshek wrote:
I believe that means that they are in stock. You might have to email them asking them to be removed from your order.
I just got the shipping notice. The first time I was somewhat disappointed to receive a GI Joe shipping notice. I was hoping for as Transformer.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:53 pm

I've never had much interest in GI Joe. I watched the cartoon back when it was the only thing on, but that's about it. The trailer looked cool enough that my wife and I decided to watch it at the cinema. Parts of the film were freaky enjoyable and parts were really silly/clunky. Henry Golding and Andrew Koji were great, though. They're both competent actors and they have good chemistry. I was hyped enough to pre-order both of their figures (my first Joe's), but I am hoping they drop a bit in price on Amazon before they come on stock.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 am

Got Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Baristaness, no sign of Scarlett or Akiko.

All nicely engineered figures but this is the first time I decided to instead of doing my usual ‘boil and disassemble to reassemble’ I sprayed some WD40 into Storm Shadow’s hips to unstick them as the leg was going to definitely shear off otherwise.
He’s not classic but he’s a good general ninja figure and the swords are really good quality, we should have got this quality from Hasbro for movie Deadpool!

The butterfly shoulders on Baristaness are particularly good even though I don’t like the costume detail on the chest and her pinhead on the giraffe neck are very meh, but for anybody who never got a previous version there’s a decent start on a custom project there.

Snake Eyes himself possibly seems the least exciting for a main character in a movie line, some alternate style hands or fists would have been nice, or at least a bit more paint to bring out the sculpted detail but as is he’s fine.

I really hope I find Scarlett and Akiko, they look like the best of these movie figures.

CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:31 pm

I received an update from Amazon that the movie SE and SS will arrive on Aug 5th. No update on Scarlet or Baroness yet. I think this is a good move to ship early before people start to cancel their order if they didn’t like the movie.

madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:53 pm

CO_Alex wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:31 pm
I received an update from Amazon that the movie SE and SS will arrive on Aug 5th. No update on Scarlet or Baroness yet. I think this is a good move to ship early before people start to cancel their order if they didn’t like the movie.

I got the same update from Amazon. Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Baroness will arrive this Thursday which means they are really close to shipping all three figures out to me soon. I was able to order Snake Eyes when he was mistakenly put up for $5. With my Alpha Commandos Set and Vipers arriving this week too, it's going to be a Joe filled week and weekend.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:37 pm

I got the shipping update from Amazon and promptly canceled my order. I was on the fence with these figures anyways, so I’ll wait for clearance or just pass. Now on to more Classifieds Hasbro.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics