G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
User avatar
GrumpyMatt
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: WNY
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:29 am

mattmurdog wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:05 am
madflava wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:52 am
Apparently Bludd was available to ship on Target.com earlier today. That is a pretty good sign that they have decent stock at the moment. Definitely, this is the time to get Bludd now. I feel like if you hold off and think you can get him 6 months from now you are going to be paying $60-$70 again on Ebay. Buy him now because I feel like scalpers will buy them up and hold on to them until the prices go up again.
A few days ago over 12 Target stores within 50 miles of me had Bludd in stock for pickup (6 or more). Now it's down to 3 stores showing 2-3 left in stock. Bludd flooded all the stores, but got cleared out rather quickly. On FB people are buying 4-5 of them for whatever reason *scalping*.
They ain't getting much. It's taken a little longer than I thought but he's dropping to between $35 and $40 on eBay. Auctions are ending in the $20s, with additional shipping.

I just took a quick look and there are at least 10 BIN auctions under $40, including shipping.

And there's more than 1,000 listed auctions. .... The bubble has burst. Folks are gonna be dumping these back on Target before too long
User avatar
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:49 am

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:29 am
mattmurdog wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:05 am
madflava wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:52 am
Apparently Bludd was available to ship on Target.com earlier today. That is a pretty good sign that they have decent stock at the moment. Definitely, this is the time to get Bludd now. I feel like if you hold off and think you can get him 6 months from now you are going to be paying $60-$70 again on Ebay. Buy him now because I feel like scalpers will buy them up and hold on to them until the prices go up again.
A few days ago over 12 Target stores within 50 miles of me had Bludd in stock for pickup (6 or more). Now it's down to 3 stores showing 2-3 left in stock. Bludd flooded all the stores, but got cleared out rather quickly. On FB people are buying 4-5 of them for whatever reason *scalping*.
They ain't getting much. It's taken a little longer than I thought but he's dropping to between $35 and $40 on eBay. Auctions are ending in the $20s, with additional shipping.

I just took a quick look and there are at least 10 BIN auctions under $40, including shipping.

And there's more than 1,000 listed auctions. .... The bubble has burst. Folks are gonna be dumping these back on Target before too long
Unless the figure is defective and returned for exchange, there should be no refunds. Let the scalpers eat it.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1828
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:04 am

Got Bludd from Pulse on Friday. Great figure. It's a shame all the crap people have to go through with these exclusives.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

User avatar
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:20 am

GrumpyMatt wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:05 am
madflava wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:52 am
Apparently Bludd was available to ship on Target.com earlier today. That is a pretty good sign that they have decent stock at the moment. Definitely, this is the time to get Bludd now. I feel like if you hold off and think you can get him 6 months from now you are going to be paying $60-$70 again on Ebay. Buy him now because I feel like scalpers will buy them up and hold on to them until the prices go up again.
A few days ago over 12 Target stores within 50 miles of me had Bludd in stock for pickup (6 or more). Now it's down to 3 stores showing 2-3 left in stock. Bludd flooded all the stores, but got cleared out rather quickly. On FB people are buying 4-5 of them for whatever reason *scalping*.
They ain't getting much. It's taken a little longer than I thought but he's dropping to between $35 and $40 on eBay. Auctions are ending in the $20s, with additional shipping.

I just took a quick look and there are at least 10 BIN auctions under $40, including shipping.

And there's more than 1,000 listed auctions. .... The bubble has burst. Folks are gonna be dumping these back on Target before too long
1000?! Wow.

Hopefully a sign of bigger numbers for the future.

What about the Viper?
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:52 am

Hopefully, Viper and Firefly get re-released as well. I do think we'll see a Viper re-deco in the main line. Maybe as early as one of the next reveals.
User avatar
maczero
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Anybody think we'll see a flood of Cobra Infantry on the secondary market once the Troopers get re-released? I've got 6 Infantry now but I'm tempted to swap them all for Troopers if they're as easy to get as Major Bludd.
User avatar
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:16 pm

I was shocked to see 4 Bludds available for pickup at my local Target yesterday. I received my eBay one on Friday and have to admit he is and awesome figure. I almost wanted to pick up another and convinced myself that served no purpose and to leave it for other collectors. I really hope Hasbro restocks all their Target exclusives again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vandalorian
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 pm

After seeing the eBay trends and availability- I really think this latest craze over Bludd started when that first figure leaked out and was listed on eBay for something like $2500, something crazy. And the story got picked up on more news channels than just those dedicated to toys/ collectibles. This invited a lot of profit-minded people to scoop him up. This was the first Target exclusive figure where the employees got fed up, all of them knew about "Asteroid" and had stores started really instituting these figure policies. This also happened at the same time that all this Pokemon collecting violence and thefts started to become more well known. At least, this is what I witnessed.
Hopefully a lot of the scalpers got stuck with Bludd, not that he's the worst thing to get stuck with. But I think this was an anomaly.
Vipers and Firefly- those were trotted out during covid when inventory and shipping was all thrown off schedule.
User avatar
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:07 pm

Now we get to see if this is a classic overcorrection and we're looking at a MOTUO situation with some characters rotting on the pegs for months and months.
User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3255
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Probably only going to happen with Roadblock. I think they could have left him out of the second run and most would have been ok with that. Sub the Vipers for him and they’d be on to something great.
c_money_collins
Customized
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:09 pm

I have three Major Bludds now. I got one from Target the day they dropped, I got one from Pulse the day it came out there, and then scored one at Target before my Pulse buy had shipped just in case it got canceled. Both the second one's were impulse buys. I guess I'll have one for trade down the line.

I hope they release the stuff too. It's really fantastic and the people who want them should be able to enjoy them.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Gonna be a lot of these figures flooding the market.
User avatar
supermonkey
teh awsum
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: ATL
Posts: 4081
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:14 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:46 pm

It would be a wonderful irony to see endcaps full of these figures on clearance at Targets all across the country.

I mean, it would suck for the line, and it's not like either Hasbro or Target would learn a lesson from it.

But still.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3956
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:47 pm

I've actually seen a couple of these on pegs. Things have definitely turned the corner. And yes, $40 shipped on ebay means they aren't really getting paid.

$40 times ebays cut of 12.55% is $5, throw in the original cost of the figure of about $21.60, shipping cost for a packaged figure typically runs between $8-10 so lets be generous an call is $8. They are making a whopping $5 on reselling an item at $40 with free shipping.

They are still making money but if they are sitting on it too long they might find it's not worth the effort. Unless they stole it somehow.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series Special Missions: Cobra Island

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Vandalorian wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 pm
After seeing the eBay trends and availability- I really think this latest craze over Bludd started when that first figure leaked out and was listed on eBay for something like $2500, something crazy. And the story got picked up on more news channels than just those dedicated to toys/ collectibles. This invited a lot of profit-minded people to scoop him up. This was the first Target exclusive figure where the employees got fed up, all of them knew about "Asteroid" and had stores started really instituting these figure policies. This also happened at the same time that all this Pokemon collecting violence and thefts started to become more well known. At least, this is what I witnessed.
Hopefully a lot of the scalpers got stuck with Bludd, not that he's the worst thing to get stuck with. But I think this was an anomaly.
Vipers and Firefly- those were trotted out during covid when inventory and shipping was all thrown off schedule.
I laugh at the guy on Hisstank that bragged about buy 2 of the leaked Bludds back in late April/Early May. He probably spent $700+ on them and was like I bought two, one to customize. Yeah, that is going to be one hell of an expensive customization project now. Guess what? I bought 2 also and it only cost my $40 + tax + shipping and all I had to do was wait a few more weeks.
maverick10126 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:47 pm
I've actually seen a couple of these on pegs. Things have definitely turned the corner. And yes, $40 shipped on ebay means they aren't really getting paid.

$40 times ebays cut of 12.55% is $5, throw in the original cost of the figure of about $21.60, shipping cost for a packaged figure typically runs between $8-10 so lets be generous an call is $8. They are making a whopping $5 on reselling an item at $40 with free shipping.

They are still making money but if they are sitting on it too long they might find it's not worth the effort. Unless they stole it somehow.
At this point why even sell at $35-$40? I have a feeling some scalpers will hold onto the figure for 6 months and then revisit what the market is like. Will depend on Hasbro/Target continually restocking Bludd through the end of the year. If this restock is it, then Bludd prices could rise again. It is a gamble since they still have the option of returning in-stores after a few days.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”