G.I. Joe 3.75" Retro Line 2020-?

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe 3.75" Retro Line 2020-?

Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:02 pm

Toy Hound wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:38 pm
I’m really wanting another Joe haslab, but I know it won’t happen until the sky striker is out. I know they are all about the story so I really hope the Flagg is next. I know we can say it won’t happen, but a year ago we didn’t think there would be an Eternia crowdfund either. Got to have something for the sky striker to land on.
I feel they can do the conquest, rattler, python conquest and tiger rat all on pulse. So fingers crossed for a flagg
During one of the recent livestreams Lenny himself said the Flagg wasn't going to happen because when they costed it out it was too high a price to produce and sell (that probably means $800+). Considering what Hasbro is charging now, there is little chance we will ever see a Flagg again due to that reason alone.

Personally for the 3.75" scale I would love to see a Night Raven. Unfortunately, again, I don't know if that is in the cards. If they wanted $280US last year for the Skystriker, a Night Raven would probably be $350 (maybe even more). Although I would love it because of what they could do to update it today. A better cockpit assembly/function so that you don't have to risk pieces breaking off just to open the damn thing. A better bomb bay system, multiple weapon configurations, updated drone and connection port. Two Strato-Vipers (one male, one female), support vehicles, flight stand, etc. Really trick it out like they did with the Skystriker.

I wouldn't mind a Rattler, but I think due to it's size and configuration, I don't know that a Haslab version could add that much to it to make it seem worth the asking price, especially if they can't get it under $300.

I hope they stick to the alternating years for Haslabs (3.75, then Classified, back to 3.75 etc. etc.). Also I hope they alternate factions, now give us a Cobra vehicle (3.75) and a Joe vehicle (Classified).

Either way I hope it is something cool, and hopefully they can keep it at a "reasonable" price point.
Toy Hound
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:01 am

I think we will hear more about the 3.75 line on 10/27 maybe even a pre-order. After all, cobra stinger will need something to fight
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:14 pm

Threash wrote:The lack of any more o-ring figure announcements does not bode well for more haslabs in this scale though.
Yeah it seems really weird and suspicious that three have been no more o-ring announced and now that the Transformers crossover with Stalker has released I don't think any more other than the haslab are even pending release.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:36 am

I would have kept buying whatever 4" modern GI Joe they put out because I missed out on the glory days of the modern updates of the V1 looks.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:02 pm

PurpleLantern wrote:
I would have kept buying whatever 4" modern GI Joe they put out because I missed out on the glory days of the modern updates of the V1 looks.
Me too. Maybe they’ll go back to them at some point.
Nik
CROM!

Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:20 pm

Grouch wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:02 pm
PurpleLantern wrote:
Me too. Maybe they’ll go back to them at some point.
Me three. I almost didn't get into Classified at all because for me Joes are like Star Wars, naturally 3.75. I was planning on collecting the Walmart line forever, even after I did fully get into Classified, I was still excited for every new release in the Retro line. I never was able to get Scarlett or the Baroness, and now they are ridiculous on the secondary, but I got every other figure they made, and in the end they were making new sculpts for figures that were fan-freaking-tastic.

I am not interested in O-ring figures at all. It feels like a huge step backwards as the only 3.75 Joes made by Hasbro, but I know nostalgia is queen these days, so I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Hiya Toys' new line can't get here fast enough.
Toy Hound
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:28 pm

It really bothers me about zero news on the 3.75 line. I really hope we hear something soon, and from what I remember they haven’t said anything about it for what, 6 months?
Blackestday
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:04 am

Toy Hound wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:28 pm
It really bothers me about zero news on the 3.75 line. I really hope we hear something soon, and from what I remember they haven’t said anything about it for what, 6 months?
they could be trying to figure out how to go forward with it. like just as a pulse exclusive or full retail. hopefully full retail. that could help with the prices. who knows. motu origins became huge with people that grew up with the the originals and these are from the same time.
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:14 am

MOTU has sooo many characters that I never heard of or seen on the original cartoon and they have figures.

If I was a newbie and only saw one Stalker or Stalker and Cobra Trooper on the pegs, my perception would be this line is probably on the way out or they would have confidence and offer more than a handful of characters at a time. I think people would be more likely to dive in if there was a wider character selection 24/7.

As a kid, my guess was the Joe pegs had several characters at once.
xTIMMYxCOREx
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:10 am

The modern 3.75in joes have huge feet!

I still prefer o-ring. But I grew up with o-ring. I also prefer the retro series Star Wars figures too.

Really hope Hasbro announces some more retro Joes to go along with the Sky Striker next year
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:24 pm

I’m just putting this out there for therapeutic purposes.

I really regret not backing the Skystriker…I had too much Rancor sadness. Stupid melancholy!

I will live vicariously through pics shared…

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Revox
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:59 pm

I don’t see much of a future for the O-rings, figure wise at least. Where I think Hasbro could do well is with Haslabs like the Skystriker, taking existing and beloved vehicles and redoing them with more details and extras. A Killer Whale given that level of care and attention would be snapped up I’m sure by those without, and those looking for a complete and sturdier one less prone to breakage. It would also be wise to make them large enough for the ME/4” figures so no one’s left out as with the Skystriker, increase the potential buyers, etc. i still can’t fathom the logic in releasing the original Stinger instead of the much nicer 25th anniversary version - if I’m getting a Vamp, I’d want the version that has actual ‘headlights’ instead of stickers, more realistic looking cannons, and a usable shovel on the hood instead of a sculpted in one!
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:23 pm

ToyBro on Twitter posted pics from someone in Singapore who got a Skystriker. Don't know if it is already releasing there, or they snagged a copy early somehow. 

Either way the box is pretty big, looks a bit like the Razor Crest box. The exterior is the classic ARAH look, but it looks a lot deeper, probably to hold all the extra accessories and the 7(!!!!)
figures.

Soon my pretty, soon.........
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:58 pm

I've picked up the Snake Eyes/Stormshadow and Duke/Commander sets. While I'm a sucker for these vintage reissues, my copies have been a mixed bag. The way the packaged the swords with Snake Eyes/Stormshadow bent them beyond repair. They were very thin to begin with, with holes throughout. So that was a bit of a turnoff. The copy I got of Duke had the eyes misprinted. He is looking like Sloth from The Goonies. I've supplemented them with Stalker and Baroness from the Transformers crossovers. I don't need a lot of these, but I'll take what I can get. Especially if they start releasing some of my favorites from growing up like Flint, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, Bazooka, Alpine, Tomax, Xamot.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:20 pm

Did you back the Haslab Norm?

I have picked up these o ring rereleases because of nostalgia.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”