G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Neal
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:18 pm

The Viper 3-pack is now part of Pulse's holiday sale. If you're a Premium member (25% off), it brings it down to $67.50. Not quite as appealing as Amazon's price over the weekend, but still ..... nice.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:23 pm

The Viper three pack's back on Amazon for under 60... I swore I didn't need a second one but I had some bum hips on the one I paid full price for and I figured for that discount I'd take a flyer on a second go.

They're going to re-release Mindbender as a non-deluxe figure, right? Got mine over the weekend and while it's a beautiful figure and the accessories are great... I got another stuck hip on him. Not that the good doctor is going to be doing lunges any time soon, but wouldn't mind not paying deluxe prices to get better ROM.

Also I feel like Mindbender is one of those figures that makes me question EVERYTHING about eighties toy design. The combination of the bare chest, the mustache, the monocle, the cape, just everything about him is so not what you'd think of as kid's toy design by nature...
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:42 pm

docsilence wrote:
They're going to re-release Mindbender as a non-deluxe figure, right? Got mine over the weekend and while it's a beautiful figure and the accessories are great... I got another stuck hip on him. Not that the good doctor is going to be doing lunges any time soon, but wouldn't mind not paying deluxe prices to get better ROM.
https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2#p3103542

Sounds like a lot of work but totally worthwhile. Shock oil works ok but it doesn't help if the joint is way too tight (and if you get the oil in the drop-down area, they're gonna go from floppy to breakdance). My Outback has perfect resistance and you can't get that without sanding those nubs down. If you're doing a bunch of figures at once it's not too bad.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:51 pm

I'm thinking Gamestop is going to screw me again, this time with Zarana. Last year around this time it was the BATs and AVs that were shipping soon, then it was Spirit and Storm Shadow moving from February to September. I ordered her Tuesday night, then Wednesday they send an email, "your preorder is almost ready. Please take a quick look at your payment information and address to make sure everything is up to date.". Hmmph, it wasn't a preorder at the time of order. Perfectly understandable waiting until the long holiday weekend is over, but now Monday is almost over too. Gamestop, fooling me three times in less than a year.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:59 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:51 pm
I'm thinking Gamestop is going to screw me again, this time with Zarana. Last year around this time it was the BATs and AVs that were shipping soon, then it was Spirit and Storm Shadow moving from February to September. I ordered her Tuesday night, then Wednesday they send an email, "your preorder is almost ready. Please take a quick look at your payment information and address to make sure everything is up to date.". Hmmph, it wasn't a preorder at the time of order. Perfectly understandable waiting until the long holiday weekend is over, but now Monday is almost over too. Gamestop, fooling me three times in less than a year.
LOL I'm done with GS too. I'm tired of putting down $5, them never getting in the item, then clearing it from their database leaving me out $5 and any expectations to receive what I preordered. Ordering in-stock clearance is poor as well; the last time I made a big order they cancelled half of it but not before shipping me the other half. So if you're trying to build a BAF or buying two figures that go well together, well, you're SOL. The last time I ordered something in-stock it did the same as yours, went to backordered for three months before I cancelled.
Count Drunkula
Customized

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm

docsilence wrote:
Also I feel like Mindbender is one of those figures that makes me question EVERYTHING about eighties toy design. The combination of the bare chest, the mustache, the monocle, the cape, just everything about him is so not what you'd think of as kid's toy design by nature...
...what are you trying to say...?
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am

It’s so funny how insecure some folks are about Mindbender’s outfit. Like, yeah: it’s fetish gear. Isn’t that the point? I thought he looked awesome as a kid, and he’s even more awesome now. The whole sleeveless coat-cape is iconic as all hell and something I would (and do) wear all the time. I’m not quite comfortable enough with my body to go fully topless, but I’d absolutely wear the whole ensemble. I mean: purple pants!!! Mindbender is a total alt-fashion god. Cobra in general has much better style than the Joes: Snake-Eyes aside, the Joes all suffer from a distinct leather deficiency.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:05 am

So annoying. I caved on the Viper 3pk at Pulse bringing it down to $68 or so. Minutes later, my buddy gives me the heads up that it dropped down to $59 or so on Amazon. So of course I ordered that set too.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:37 am

Dammit. Second price drop on these sets I've missed today (Spider-Man Amazing Foes set also got a discount and is now out of stock). Getting sick of seeing them only at Piggly Toy Ville (or whoever) scalping them for a good profit. Not even bothering at this stage. It'll come back but I'm paying $85+ for it, or $130 for the ML one. I just want one more regular Viper for my limit of two! One!! We got regular blue shirts at regular retail, they can't leave out the scarf and given him a vintage styled rifle and pop this guy back out?

And I'll raise your Village People with this! Kids here need a good education on why the 80s was the best decade to live in!
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:02 am

Heheh, I don’t want to say now how many of those Viper sets I bought willy-nilly at full price. It was . . . more than three. Ouch.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 am

You suck. Go watch that Dead or Alive video multiple times as penance! I did grab Stalker for $16.99 so it was a decent day I guess. The 1982 guys were always too boring for me so I wanted to wait for a discount. Stalker's 1989 look would be cool to get but with the canoe and everything he'd have to be a deluxe set.
Vandalorian
HULK SMASH!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:41 am

Supply chain definitely seems better. Saw the Crimson Twins, Croc-Master, and retro Baroness and Lady Jaye at retail in San Diego over the weekend.
(The super thin card-back for the retro figures was a real let-down. You'd never guess it from the online pictures.
Also- GameStop is very hit or miss. I was able to get a Zartan from them when he was released a year or so ago, and a lot of guys who had pre-ordered from them still hadn't had their orders fulfilled at the time. It was weird.
Then the same thing happened to me with my Storm Shadow preorder. Haha... Delayed, delayed- preorder cancelled.

The in-store hunting, the daily Target runs have been replaced by daily online stock checks.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:55 am

I was on the fence about getting the Sarge since I already have the Action Force one, but I couldn't pass on him today: My LCS had him for cost, so right there I'd save on shipping, but on top of that, they were running their sale for Black Friday weekend through today for 25% off action figures. I was never going to find him cheaper.

Yeah, I like the Action Force Sarge, but this one tops it. The hat and glasses stay on just fine (a big downfall for the AF version). He's got a whistle, a quality gun, and a good variety of hands. There's a lot of personality in this guy, he handles and poses very well. I like him and I like the price I got him at.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:11 am

Sarge is great. I'm sure a SM version is planned I just hope they don't repaint the figure as-is. Needs his wrestling attire (unless WWE stands in the way of that). The Warthog version is what I want now!

Found Baroness at WM too this weekend. That cardstock is crap! Looking at what they are doing with Marvel retro-carded figures I want to see this for GI Joe.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:57 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:11 am
Found Baroness at WM too this weekend. That cardstock is crap! Looking at what they are doing with Marvel retro-carded figures I want to see this for GI Joe.
No rhyme or reason, apparently for whether or not Hasbro decides to give us quality cardstock or not. It's all over the place:

Marvel 6": Good
Star Wars 6: Good
Star Wars 3.75" (Retro): Crap
Star Wars 3.75" (Vintage): Good
GI Joe 6": Crap
GI Joe 3.75": Crap

It's like they know people will still buy it regardless of their level of effort.

Also, I think it's time to overhaul their use of the "Retro" and "Vintage" tags. I get confused over which is which.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”