G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:42 am

Threash wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:23 pm
mikeysee wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:15 pm
I know this has already been mentioned but I still think it's a bit crazy to call an hour-plus sellout "super fast". It wasn't that long ago that preorders would only last a minute or two, or heck, go straight from "coming soon" to "out of stock". I'm not saying a one-hour window is ideal but it sure as heck beats having basically zero chance at all unless you're F5-ing constantly.
I think FOMO plays a big part in this. Anyone who REALLY wanted it had plenty of time to get it, but the fact that it sold out so "quick" caused a lot more people to want it.
Nah tho
Feuergeist82
Here comes a new challenger!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:37 pm

Threash wrote:
mikeysee wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:15 pm
I know this has already been mentioned but I still think it's a bit crazy to call an hour-plus sellout "super fast". It wasn't that long ago that preorders would only last a minute or two, or heck, go straight from "coming soon" to "out of stock". I'm not saying a one-hour window is ideal but it sure as heck beats having basically zero chance at all unless you're F5-ing constantly.
I think FOMO plays a big part in this. Anyone who REALLY wanted it had plenty of time to get it, but the fact that it sold out so "quick" caused a lot more people to want it.
This comes across as misinterpreting the facts. He was only available for 1 your to pulse premium members, while if you weren't a pulse premium member you only had 6 minutes to secure him. Add to the fact after the pulse premium membership hour ended and he was available for everyone, the app stopped working which affected a lot of people I'm sure.

Add to the fact that unlike Mindbender, which was limited to an order of 1, Serpentor was had a limit order of 2. I was able to preorder. My brother was affected by technical difficulties through the site while he was in his cart and was not able to preorder him. Should people have to pay pulse premium in order to get him? Now that's an interesting question, because it does seem like Hasbro was definitely pushing people to pay for pulse premium in order to buy him...but that does feel like a scummy way of handling the situation. I do think they'll do a preorder window for him soon, but still leaves the people who weren't able to secure one anxious without better transparency on Hasbro's part.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:47 pm

Threash wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:44 pm
Maybe FOMO wasn't quite the right term, more like "I didn't think it would sell out that fast so I didn't really make it a priority to try".
Well... for some of us with kids and families Saturday at 2 pm is pretty much the worst possible time for something to go live. It's true, though, I prioritized my family over adding one more toy to my shelf.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:36 pm

I was on a movie date with my wife during the window that Serpentor was available. I even tried to sneak the order in during the movie, but I didn't have a strong enough signal in the theater. A local buddy was able to secure one for me though, so I'm pretty thankful about that. I could have lived without it, as I do believe a single carded version will eventually be available. But I'm glad to have this exclusive, because it's pretty damn sick.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:06 pm

I was all set and ready for Serpentor and then work called at about 5:50; by the time I was done with work at about 6:20 he was gone...

My heart has a Serpentor shaped hole.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:46 pm

ludovicotek wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:40 am
Threash wrote:
Not at all true. Maybe some people weren’t able to go online and order within that time period. That was certainly the case with me.

FOMO is most ridiculous reason to buy a toy.
Ridiculous but effective, and Hasbro knows it...
Spoiler! :
Anyone else still waiting for their Amazon Stalker to ship? Mine still says Nov 3rd and I'm considering reordering.
EDIT: Shipping out today.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:16 pm

I'm firmly in the camp that 1 hour (or 6 minutes if you're not paying for the privilege) is far too short of a window for these exclusives; at the very least convert it straight to preorders once the existing initial allocation of stock is sold through. I had a friend ask me to hop on to get him the few Vintage Collection figures he wanted (didn't realize they wouldn't go up until the general release time) and was fortunate to snag Serpentor then. But these "blink and you miss it" preorders really are obnoxious.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:57 pm

docsilence wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Stalker and the twins were some of my most-wanted since they announced this line, psyched they're starting to ship, but I now need to remember *where the heckin heck I preordered mine from.*

I know I am very fortunate to be in a position in my life to preorder action figures I want, but I really need like, a spreadsheet or virtual assistant to help me remember where I'm shopping these days. (Pretty sure I preordered from whoever will ship last, but that's fine.)
I use figurerealm.com to catalogue my collection. After ordering a new figure, I use their database to log it and note how much I paid, where and when I ordered it.

As for FOMO, I gotta say it puts a damper on my love of this hobby. I'm starting to adapt a mindset that if something isn't readily available at a reasonable price then it's not worth it to me.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:07 pm

maczero wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:57 pm
docsilence wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Stalker and the twins were some of my most-wanted since they announced this line, psyched they're starting to ship, but I now need to remember *where the heckin heck I preordered mine from.*

I know I am very fortunate to be in a position in my life to preorder action figures I want, but I really need like, a spreadsheet or virtual assistant to help me remember where I'm shopping these days. (Pretty sure I preordered from whoever will ship last, but that's fine.)
I use figurerealm.com to catalogue my collection. After ordering a new figure, I use their database to log it and note how much I paid, where and when I ordered it.

As for FOMO, I gotta say it puts a damper on my love of this hobby. I'm starting to adapt a mindset that if something isn't readily available at a reasonable price then it's not worth it to me.
I adopted that reasoning just to keep my sanity about 10 years ago. For the most part it has worked out for the best (and saved me a lot of money).
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:47 pm

I got an "Your item will ship soon!" email for Mindbender. I was hoping it was going to be Slaughter! Isn't he supposed to be coming soon, too?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:42 pm

I believe the intent is Mindbender, Slaughter, and Serpentor will all ship by the end of the year.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:40 pm

Stalker arrived and other than slightly-loose knees, he's perfect quality. Might swap his main gun out since he has trouble holding it with his shemagh (if only it were cloth...). Luckily it's a nice gun and I'm sure another figure would be happy to trade. Love when figures come with so much stuff that all fits on the figure itself; it's probably the main reason I dig this line! In that regard he's a 10/10. While he's a little bit (olive) drab, he's still one of the best Joe figures, up there with the likes of Cobra Officer. Shame they didn't pack another head, perhaps with a balaclava, so we could army build this sucker.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:41 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:47 pm
I got an "Your item will ship soon!" email for Mindbender. I was hoping it was going to be Slaughter! Isn't he supposed to be coming soon, too?
I know most got him through Hasbro Pulse, in Europe Hasbro Pulse UK. However I know it was available at Gamestop, and some online retailers as well. I hope you don't mind me asking, but where you ordered him from?
xTIMMYxCOREx
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:21 am

Got my Tamox & Xamot and they have a weirdly loose ratcheted ab joint. Otherwise they are nice. But I wish they came with more hands and a stand like the retro card style.
Snake-eyes81
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:57 am

Went to my local TRU and saw this. Brought a tear to my eye

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics